PTWM #37 Babying Wilby to keep up the ads: Fathers Day’s expensive with that many dads!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to be honest, I had my first job while at school stacking shelves in a supermarket in the evenings, I encouraged my children to be grafters also. All 3 of them had part time jobs while at school doing a variety of work from car washing to working in a chippy and one worked practically full time in the school holidays in a well known high street fashion store. Whilst I feel PTWM shares too much about Betsy ( periods, boyfriend issues) I do admire her daughter for working and earning her own money and I really hope she is able to continue doing this. Truthfully, I never looked into the rules of hours and work permits for myself or my children who are now all grown up hard working and successful young adults.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have to be honest, I had my first job while at school stacking shelves in a supermarket in the evenings, I encouraged my children to be grafters also. All 3 of them had part time jobs while at school doing a variety of work from car washing to working in a chippy and one worked practically full time in the school holidays in a well known high street fashion store. Whilst I feel PTWM shares too much about Betsy ( periods, boyfriend issues) I do admire her daughter for working and earning her own money and I really hope she is able to continue doing this. Truthfully, I never looked into the rules of hours and work permits for myself or my children who are now all grown up hard working and successful young adults.
And if you had broken the law and been found out, you most likely would have been reprimanded accordingly. It’s not about work ethic, it’s about legality. Betsy can still work hard whilst staying within the law like everyone else has to.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If I’d have said to my mum ‘what the hell’ with an attitude when I was Edies age she would have kicked my arse so far I would have ended up in 2028

• Haha
Reactions: 20
32 pointless stories later 😂😂 how has her phone even got all this memory
And yes I agree..if my child had said "get myself a bar a chocolate, what the hell" I would go mental and tell them to stick the chocolate where the sun dont shine and they wont be having one anymore. But rach over there just sits and laughs at her...wtf! And no doubt still allowed her to have the chocolate just so she leaves her in peace

• Sad
Reactions: 13
'Well done everyone, go and get yourself a bar of chocolate!'

And get Wilby a double decker while you're there, he's not feeling well and has only had 14 custard creams, half a gateaux, 3 ice creams and a firelighter today

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
But you didn’t have to back then then. I worked at the age of 13 in a dog boarding kennels - no permits required. You’re not refusing to discuss what you’ve done with donated money or telling people they ‘have poorly heads’ when they disagree with you. Your children are not benefitting massively from your online presence I presume? Unfortunately that means taking the rough with the smooth and I absolutely agree that the children should not suffer. But abiding by the law is not really being made to suffer......and let’s not forget that nobody would have known if she hadn’t put it out there. She’s an ‘influencer’ - does that make it ok to influence parents or children into thinking it’s ok to break the law because she does it? There may well be parents out there now trying to force their children into work because of this. Influencing doesn’t just work for the fun stuff!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
And if you had broken the law and been found out, you most likely would have been reprimanded accordingly. It’s not about work ethic, it’s about legality. Betsy can still work hard whilst staying within the law like everyone else has to.
I doubt very much
‘But it’s not our remit to get involved with Betsy’s employers regardless of her parent over sharing info.

I doubt very much

‘But it’s not our remit to get involved with Betsy’s employers regardless of her parent over sharing info.
Where does this remit start and end with regards to people breaking the law? Or allowing children to do something deemed unsafe/not good for them?

Reactions: 5
I’m just laughing at Joyce saying ‘Issac wins because he found a woman that would pay for everything for him and he didn’t need to do anything’ 👀👀👀👀
OK MATE, we know your game. Issac’s a bit young yet for pro tips on how to snag a dopey female.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
If I was Joyce. I'd deffo be distancing myself from D&C Police right now
I saw this in The Guardian. What the hell is going on with that force and racism? This is the third investigation I’ve seen in a week. Absolute cretins. Honestly, most forces are fairing well but they are bottom of the ladder for racism and sex scandals.
If he wasn’t such a fanny with limited comments on I’d ask him for his thoughts

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.