Pregnancy Off Topic #2 Changing lives one Rapid Cool at a time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those who’ve got babies already here/done this before - what do you do with clothes that are victim to poonamis? Baby R’s this morning pretty much filled one leg of his sleepsuit so I just bagged it up with the nappy and threw it all away. It wasn’t a special sleepsuit and he’s growing out of that size anyway. My friend said she’d have washed it?! Should I be washing them? If it’s a little bit I’ve thrown them in the wash but this was literally all down inside the leg - I could probably have poured it out 🤣. My biggest concern was trying to keep his excited legs out of the way and clean, not saving the sleepsuit 😂

Those who’ve got babies already here/done this before - what do you do with clothes that are victim to poonamis? Baby R’s this morning pretty much filled one leg of his sleepsuit so I just bagged it up with the nappy and threw it all away. It wasn’t a special sleepsuit and he’s growing out of that size anyway. My friend said she’d have washed it?! Should I be washing them? If it’s a little bit I’ve thrown them in the wash but this was literally all down inside the leg - I could probably have poured it out 🤣. My biggest concern was trying to keep his excited legs out of the way and clean, not saving the sleepsuit 😂
I’d have washed them but only cos I’m a stingebag 🤣 I hate parting with clothes even if it’s something just average. If it’s a poonami I’ll rinse with hot water to get the majority of poo away, if it’s white clothes I’ll soak in napisan and if it’s colours I’ll use ace for colours on them! You can use napisan on colours but its known to fade clothes

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Maybe it’s just me then 🙈 She offered to get it out the bin and wash it for me cuz she was so outraged at me throwing it 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just catching up, I'm so sorry to hear so many of you are struggling at the moment.
Please remember though you are all doing incredible jobs, but that doesn't mean you aren't allowed to want/ask for a break and help. Sometimes you've got to be selfish and put your own needs first, and sometimes blokes really do need it saying out loud to them before they realise what we need of them. They're never deliberately rubbish.
I hope everyone is having a better Sunday, and if not just take it a day, even half a day, at a time. Be kind to yourself and don't put pressure on yourselves to get everything done and to be perfect. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Another England game to sit through zzzzzzz
We're off on a hospital tour that I booked ages ago, oops. Mr B is doing a great job of pretending he isn't bothered about it clashing with football but he has made us set off over half an hour before we needed to, don't think he realises that won't mean we're allowed in earlier than booked though 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
We're off on a hospital tour that I booked ages ago, oops. Mr B is doing a great job of pretending he isn't bothered about it clashing with football but he has made us set off over half an hour before we needed to, don't think he realises that won't mean we're allowed in earlier than booked though 😬
When I first read this I thought why is she going on a hospital tour bit morbid she must be really into her medical stuff then duh it hit me you’re pregnant 😄

• Haha
The baby brain really never does go away I’ve just driven all the way home then phoned the hospital to ask if I left my car keys there

• Haha
Reactions: 7
To be fair because I’ve made OH sleep on the sofa since we got rid of our double bed, there’s quite a nice set up on the sofa at the moment with it made into a small double and full on duvet. I can sit through this game 😂

• Haha
Tour done. The midwife said bring cooling spray. Took far too much effort to not crack up laughing 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hahahha mate we have had 2 blow outs this weekend. I just washed them as normal cos thought they weren’t too bad… nope. Still yellow 😅

• Haha
Has/did anyone made a real effort with trying to prevent stretch marks etc? I’m 30 weeks and been lucky so far. I’m a crazy moisturising person anyway from having dry skin/eczema prone skin so I’ve kept it up on my belly especially. Not used any stretch mark specific products though, just my aveeno. I know truly at the end of the day you either get them or you don’t.

I did however pick this up in Tk Maxx today and I smell like a milky latte and I’m obsessed. Told OH we have to go back tomorrow to clear the shelf 😂.

Attachments

• Haha
I rinse off with warm water and then wash as normal. Stick it in the sunshine if it's stained. If after all that it's still stained, I'll bin it. Vast majority works though.

I remember we bought a massive bundle of clothes off Facebook Marketplace when we had our first, literally 15 black sacks full of stuff from newborn to a year old. Started sorting them out on the living room floor into different size groups and piles for washing. There were quite a few items that had been left in nappy sacks that clearly had had poonamis in and had never been washed. They went straight in the bin 🤢 Grim.

• Sick
I rinse off with warm water and then wash as normal. Stick it in the sunshine if it's stained. If after all that it's still stained, I'll bin it. Vast majority works though.

I remember we bought a massive bundle of clothes off Facebook Marketplace when we had our first, literally 15 black sacks full of stuff from newborn to a year old. Started sorting them out on the living room floor into different size groups and piles for washing. There were quite a few items that had been left in nappy sacks that clearly had had poonamis in and had never been washed. They went straight in the bin 🤢 Grim.
Omg. My worst fear. How can you have the front to give that to another person that’s horrendous When I bought all my Vinted bundles I went through everything. They all did come smelling of laundry powder so felt assured they’d been washed, but there was a few bodysuits that did have staining so they’ve all been binned straight away. Of course I’ve re-washed everything myself too. Not convinced all the clothes were washed with non bio as they smell too strongly of detergent.

Has/did anyone made a real effort with trying to prevent stretch marks etc? I’m 30 weeks and been lucky so far. I’m a crazy moisturising person anyway from having dry skin/eczema prone skin so I’ve kept it up on my belly especially. Not used any stretch mark specific products though, just my aveeno. I know truly at the end of the day you either get them or you don’t.

I did however pick this up in Tk Maxx today and I smell like a milky latte and I’m obsessed. Told OH we have to go back tomorrow to clear the shelf 😂.
I moisturised throughout. No stretch marks alllll pregnancy. Baby got here and my hips have now got stretch marks 😬 I’m just adding them to the collection from my puberty ones.

Own dem stripes if you get them! (lol cringe soz)

• Haha
Omg. My worst fear. How can you have the front to give that to another person that’s horrendous When I bought all my Vinted bundles I went through everything. They all did come smelling of laundry powder so felt assured they’d been washed, but there was a few bodysuits that did have staining so they’ve all been binned straight away. Of course I’ve re-washed everything myself too. Not convinced all the clothes were washed with non bio as they smell too strongly of detergent.
In fairness to them they definitely unloaded a lot more stuff than they'd posted about. They were like would you want to take this too, we don't want anything for it. No wonder, it was actually trash 😂

Fuckin mingers 😂😂

• Haha
Uh oh, my bf has finally come at me with the question I’ve been dreading…. “When do you think you’ll be feeling ready to have sex again”. I pretended I didn’t hear the first time then he repeated it 😂 poor bloke, hes been so patient as I pretty much was a born again virgin as soon as I found out I was pregnant 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That’s absolutely disgusting 🤢
---
Uh oh, my bf has finally come at me with the question I’ve been dreading…. “When do you think you’ll be feeling ready to have sex again”. I pretended I didn’t hear the first time then he repeated it 😂 poor bloke, hes been so patient as I pretty much was a born again virgin as soon as I found out I was pregnant 😂
Oh god. Good luck 😂

• Haha