Pregnancy Off Topic #2 Changing lives one Rapid Cool at a time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry there’s a few of us going through it atm and feeling crappy 😟 it’s nice to know we’ve all got each other to talk and rant to

I think I’m struggling more then I’m letting on. My fellas Nan is seriously ill and they are super close. Like ridiculously close and i don’t know how he will cope when something inevitably happens. He’s been working a lot and going to visit her in hospital which I completely understand and have no problems with but I’m home alone with the 2 kids and it’s hard. I think the baby has colic, the last few evenings she’s been screaming her little tiny head off and I can’t figure out what’s wrong. Then my four year is just sat with his hands over his ears not liking the noise. Then I feel guilty. His bedtime is 7pm and he’s obsessed with the time and he knows when it’s bedtime and he keeps saying to me ‘Mummy it’s past my bedtime’ but I’m trying to calm the screaming baby down but he doesn’t quite understand that we don’t follow strict routines now baby is here and when Daddy is in work we will run behind schedule. I just took them up to get oldest ready for bed and he wanted. a story and the baby pooed 😩 I said I’ll be right back and he said I’ll wait here, I said don’t go to sleep I’ll read a story; was only gone 5 mins came upstairs he was asleep ☹ don’t want him feeling left out. It’s all just so draining being so tired, the baby being hard work and my 4 year old too. Plus with the worries of my partners nan and how he is going to cope. I don’t feel like i can say to my partner I feel like i’m struggling because he always says things like ‘i’d love to be at home all day everyday with the kids you’re so lucky’ Like he just doesn’t understand ☹ I feel like i’m moaning about a whole load of nothing and people are dealing with a lot worse but I’m still so down and tired ☹
I'm so sorry to hear that. Colic absolutely blows. Wee man had it and the only thing that helped was Dentinox. We've managed to wean him of that now we've found a formula that works with all his other issues 😂 Definitely feel you're pain with bedtime too, it's so hard to juggle and you end up feeling like you've done a disservice to both kiddos. No suggestions on how to make life easier, just solidarity because it totally sucks. Is there a possibility you could ask your OH to take some annual leave? At least he could help out some and still visit his nan.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm so sorry to hear that. Colic absolutely blows. Wee man had it and the only thing that helped was Dentinox. We've managed to wean him of that now we've found a formula that works with all his other issues 😂
Did dentinox make him sick? Whenever we’ve given it to Baby R he just produces the most gloopy sick it’s grim 🤢 but it’s a shame because dentinox did help him so we just save it for when it really really needs it now

• Heart
Did dentinox make him sick? Whenever we’ve given it to Baby R he just produces the most gloopy sick it’s grim 🤢 but it’s a shame because dentinox did help him so we just save it for when it really really needs it now
Nope, one of the few things that didn't 😂 We stuck it in his formula, made it smell like murray mints! Now he's on Neocate he doesn't need that or the omeprazole any more fortunately

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Nope, one of the few things that didn't 😂 We stuck it in his formula, made it smell like murray mints! Now he's on Neocate he doesn't need that or the omeprazole any more fortunately
We were putting it in his milk too, then giving him half a dose in his milk but every time he’d get gloopy sick that looks like phlegm and he’d struggle to bring it up 😩
---
I think it’s safe to assume Baby R has had a growth spurt this week. These pics are 7 days apart 😳 wtf 🙃

IMG_7195.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
@raspberryjuice does baby R have colic? A few people have recommended me infacol I’m gonna go get some tomorrow. I might actually try the comfort milk too. She’s ok all day and through the night but from about 7pm til 9ish she just cries and is really unsettled. Arches her back and goes bright red, fists clenched. Makes me sad, and my 4 year old is just stood there confused 😭 He never had colic so it’s all new to me

Also Baby W has that bouncer! She looks tiny in it 😂 can never get over the difference in them even though he is two days younger

• Heart
We were putting it in his milk too, then giving him half a dose in his milk but every time he’d get gloopy sick that looks like phlegm and he’d struggle to bring it up 😩
---
I think it’s safe to assume Baby R has had a growth spurt this week. These pics are 7 days apart 😳 wtf 🙃

View attachment 3024914
How grim 🤢 Poor wee thing! Although not so wee judging by the pics, he's grown so much!

• Heart
He does yeah but he’s so much better on comfort milk. He still needs the odd dose of dentinox or infacol though. Dentinox makes him sicky, infacol makes him fart instantly and then a big 💩 😂

If it’s only 7-9 for Baby Melon is it definitely colic or is it ‘the witching hour’? I saw it on TikTok a few times and looked in to it for Baby R but his was definitely colic instead https://www.sdbfc.com/blog/2014/5/22/witching-hour-vs-colic

He loves that bouncer! Especially now we have it more upright so when he kicks his legs he proper bounces in it 😂 he goes crazy! It is mad the difference in them but I guess Baby Melon was premature and much smaller too 💜 and Baby R is going through 6-7x 6oz bottles a day 🤣 I’ve had to start picking bits from his 3-6m clothes because the 0-3 are getting snug.

How grim 🤢 Poor wee thing! Although not so wee judging by the pics, he's grown so much!
Definitely not wee 😂 i get arm ache carrying him now 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
@raspberryjuice does baby R have colic? A few people have recommended me infacol I’m gonna go get some tomorrow. I might actually try the comfort milk too. She’s ok all day and through the night but from about 7pm til 9ish she just cries and is really unsettled. Arches her back and goes bright red, fists clenched. Makes me sad, and my 4 year old is just stood there confused 😭 He never had colic so it’s all new to me

Also Baby W has that bouncer! She looks tiny in it 😂 can never get over the difference in them even though he is two days younger
That sounds exactly like colic to me. Wee man was exactly the same, never had it with our first. He had silent reflux too so was like it all day, especially after every feed ☹ A friend of mine used Infacol and said it helped with their wee one. The comfort milks typically have hydrolysed proteins in so make them easier to digest, which helps with colic. Apparently a thicker formula can help too. The thickest of the 2789594938373638 we tried was Kendamil Organic.
---
Took wee man to the drs yesterday for his cradle cap again. She prescribed Capasol and an antifungal cream for the suspected impetigo on his arms. Put the cream on, he screamed bloody murder. Used the shampoo and the cradle cap has flared up again. It was so bad we took him to see the pharmacist today. He said it's infected again so he'll need antibiotics again but we got an emollient cream to use on the patches on his face so hopefully that'll help him in the mean time. Have had to have him in scratch mitts all day to stop him from tearing at it ☹

In happier news I've booked myself in to get my hair done. No more butt length hair for me and a couple of child free hours 😁 The in laws are descending soon so hoping they'll offer to babysit so me and OH can go out 🤞

Last edited:
  • Heart
Poor Baby Jelly! Hes really going through it isn’t he 😔 must be tough on you too seeing him like it 😔 hopefully some more antibiotics and the cream get him sorted.

Enjoy your hairdressers trip! 😁

• Heart
I’m sorry she’s been so tit! That reply was odd. When I was pregnant I had this moment of realisation where I realised I needed to put myself first, pregnancy is hard enough without the people who you thought you could rely on making it harder. You have to cut crappy people off, don’t allow crappy people to make you feel upset in a time that’s meant to be the most exciting, happiest time of your life. Pregnancy really is a time where you realise who is really there for you and who isn’t, and that hurts. I can’t imagine in your position how it must feel, as you’ve said she’s been your motherly figure so she should be the one person you can rely on, however it sounds like you’ve got a good support network from your bfs side, and im sure you have plenty of good friends too. Try to focus on those who are good to you, don’t allow yourself to waste too much energy on those who aren’t and especially don’t allow them to ruin or put a dampener on any part of your pregnancy!
That kind of response is the kind of thing I get from my sibling. Not the most helpful thing you want to hear. When I told my mum I was pregnant she turned round and said as long as it was planned she was happy for us. People say the shittiest things without thinking. As for you aunt, do whatever you think is best to protect yourself. If that means she misses out then that's on her. Just because she's not happy in her life doesn't mean she has to go make tit up about you behind your back.
I’ve found pregnancy a really weird time! I think major life events such as pregnancy and getting engaged/marriage makes a lot of people show true colours. Jealousy, bitterness and just generally the people you’d of expected to show up suddenly being different. On the same token, some people who you’d never have thought end up surprising you and being really lovely which is nice

One of my OH’s cousins was honestly so cute to me tonight, she’s only about ten and she ran up to me and asked me a million questions because she was so excited to get a new cousin. Similarly, MIL kept telling me to show everyone our 4D scan and everyone was
obsessing (like a normal family member would!!!)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Poor Baby Jelly! Hes really going through it isn’t he 😔 must be tough on you too seeing him like it 😔 hopefully some more antibiotics and the cream get him sorted.

Enjoy your hairdressers trip! 😁
It's upsetting because he's clearly bothered by it and gets upset but at the same time he's such a smiley happy little guy. Such a little weirdo. Definitely a learning curve, he's completely different to the threenager.

Hoping I'm entering my hot mama era rather than sweaty flustered tearful mama era 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@watermelon sugar sounds like you’re juggling a lot at the moment, I hope it all eases up soon. sending you lots of love 💖
---
It's upsetting because he's clearly bothered by it and gets upset but at the same time he's such a smiley happy little guy. Such a little weirdo. Definitely a learning curve, he's completely different to the threenager.

Hoping I'm entering my hot mama era rather than sweaty flustered tearful mama era 😂
Ahhhh I’ve read and watched so many videos on cradle cap it sounds like a right nightmare. I hope you get it under control soon xx I’ve seen Mustela do a cradle cap shampoo I’ve read good reviews on I don’t know if that would do anything or it needs to be medical products now?

• Heart
She prescribed Capasol
bleeping hell! On a baby?!
Have they tried a Ketoconazole antifungal like Nizoral or selenium sulphide shampoo? I use the latter for sebhorric dermatitis aka on kids, cradle cap, and they always try to fob you off with Capasal which is utter shite and flares it.

@watermelon Apparently colic only in the evenings Is so common they call it PURPLE crying, the E standing for evening https://www.emmasdiary.co.uk/baby/new-born-care/purple-crying

• Heart
I’m sorry there’s a few of us going through it atm and feeling crappy 😟 it’s nice to know we’ve all got each other to talk and rant to

I think I’m struggling more then I’m letting on. My fellas Nan is seriously ill and they are super close. Like ridiculously close and i don’t know how he will cope when something inevitably happens. He’s been working a lot and going to visit her in hospital which I completely understand and have no problems with but I’m home alone with the 2 kids and it’s hard. I think the baby has colic, the last few evenings she’s been screaming her little tiny head off and I can’t figure out what’s wrong. Then my four year is just sat with his hands over his ears not liking the noise. Then I feel guilty. His bedtime is 7pm and he’s obsessed with the time and he knows when it’s bedtime and he keeps saying to me ‘Mummy it’s past my bedtime’ but I’m trying to calm the screaming baby down but he doesn’t quite understand that we don’t follow strict routines now baby is here and when Daddy is in work we will run behind schedule. I just took them up to get oldest ready for bed and he wanted. a story and the baby pooed 😩 I said I’ll be right back and he said I’ll wait here, I said don’t go to sleep I’ll read a story; was only gone 5 mins came upstairs he was asleep ☹ don’t want him feeling left out. It’s all just so draining being so tired, the baby being hard work and my 4 year old too. Plus with the worries of my partners nan and how he is going to cope. I don’t feel like i can say to my partner I feel like i’m struggling because he always says things like ‘i’d love to be at home all day everyday with the kids you’re so lucky’ Like he just doesn’t understand ☹ I feel like i’m moaning about a whole load of nothing and people are dealing with a lot worse but I’m still so down and tired ☹
no matter what anyone else is going through, don’t ever feel bad for venting about your own struggles too. Your feelings are valid and it’s okay to admit when you’re finding things difficult. I’m sorry to hear about your partners nan. You’re an amazing mum and although it’s tough now, things will get easier. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
no matter what anyone else is going through, don’t ever feel bad for venting about your own struggles too. Your feelings are valid and it’s okay to admit when you’re finding things difficult. I’m sorry to hear about your partners nan. You’re an amazing mum and although it’s tough now, things will get easier. Xx
Thank you ❤ last night I felt so rubbish, I’ve had a cold all week and haven’t been sleeping much cos of night feeds and a cough, then I had the kids by myself for 12 hours by the end of the day I was shattered and that’s when baby W decides to start being hard work so my Mum battery had started to run out 😆 Luckily my partner came in and took her and let me have a lie down then I went to bed. I feel much better now I had a good nights sleep. Was only up at 3:30 and we weren’t up for long just fed, burped and bed. Sometimes it’s hard to not let things get on top of you isn’t it 🥲

How are you and super baby?? Always thinking of you but don’t want to tag too much cos you must be going through a lot 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you ❤ last night I felt so rubbish, I’ve had a cold all week and haven’t been sleeping much cos of night feeds and a cough, then I had the kids by myself for 12 hours by the end of the day I was shattered and that’s when baby W decides to start being hard work so my Mum battery had started to run out 😆 Luckily my partner came in and took her and let me have a lie down then I went to bed. I feel much better now I had a good nights sleep. Was only up at 3:30 and we weren’t up for long just fed, burped and bed. Sometimes it’s hard to not let things get on top of you isn’t it 🥲

How are you and super baby?? Always thinking of you but don’t want to tag too much cos you must be going through a lot 🤗
I’m glad you managed to get some sleep! Hopefully today is a new day and better than yesterday for you. Hope littlest melon is okay too! ❤

we’re okay thank you, it’s tough and I think we’ve probably still got another month or so before they’ll even consider discharging him as he’s still so, so tiny but he’s doing really well. He’s tube fed at the moment but he’s been showing signs of learning how to suck so we should be attempting bottle feeding this week (I know bottle feeding doesn’t sound much of an achievement as most babies just do it straight from the womb 😂 but to us it’s a leap forward). Small steps, but we will get there 🤞🏼 x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m glad you managed to get some sleep! Hopefully today is a new day and better than yesterday for you. Hope littlest melon is okay too! ❤

we’re okay thank you, it’s tough and I think we’ve probably still got another month or so before they’ll even consider discharging him as he’s still so, so tiny but he’s doing really well. He’s tube fed at the moment but he’s been showing signs of learning how to suck so we should be attempting bottle feeding this week (I know bottle feeding doesn’t sound much of an achievement as most babies just do it straight from the womb 😂 but to us it’s a leap forward). Small steps, but we will get there 🤞🏼 x
learning to suck and bottle feeding is a HUGE achievement. When I was in transitional care, every single baby in the room I was in needed to be tube fed at one time or another because they were struggling to figure out how to bottle feed (apart from Aggy2 who is an absolute unit 😅) and they were all born between 35-37 weeks!

Aggy1 really struggled to understand what to do and didn’t have the energy or stamina to bottle feed and they were born at 37+2 so it’s amazing that Superbaby is almost ready to try the bottle considering he will be tiny compared to the early term babies on the ward that also struggled! ❤ well done mama and well done little one. Sounds like everything is going in the right direction x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
bleeping hell! On a baby?!
Have they tried a Ketoconazole antifungal like Nizoral or selenium sulphide shampoo? I use the latter for sebhorric dermatitis aka on kids, cradle cap, and they always try to fob you off with Capasal which is utter shite and flares it.

@watermelon Apparently colic only in the evenings Is so common they call it PURPLE crying, the E standing for evening https://www.emmasdiary.co.uk/baby/new-born-care/purple-crying
Nope. Initially we were told to just oil it and wash it normally but it kept getting worse and worse to the point it had spread everywhere and his crown was infected and weeping. Was told to just rinse with warm water while he was on the oral antibiotics. That worked for a little bit but then it came back again before we'd even reintroduced any shampoo or other products. Went back to the Dr and she said he may have impetigo on his head and arm so prescribed the antifungal cream for his arm and the Capasol for his head. Used the latter once and his entire head is now all inflammed and crusty again. Took him to the pharmacist for advice because it's weeping again. He said the infection has come back so have to go to the Dr on Monday for more antibiotics and he gave us some emollient cream to put on the patches around his hairline. Both him and the Dr were confused because they said it looks like a combination of cradle cap, eczema and impetigo! Poor little guy is so obviously uncomfortable because he scratches it so much and if we cover his hands, he grinds his head into whatever is there whether it's our clothes, his bed, his playmat, car seat whatever.

• Heart
I bought some infacol! Hopefully that helps baby W

I hope all our tales about the babies already here doesn’t put any of you pregnant ones off 😂

• Haha