Pregnancy Off Topic #2 Changing lives one Rapid Cool at a time

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Uh oh, my bf has finally come at me with the question I’ve been dreading…. “When do you think you’ll be feeling ready to have sex again”. I pretended I didn’t hear the first time then he repeated it 😂 poor bloke, hes been so patient as I pretty much was a born again virgin as soon as I found out I was pregnant 😂
That’s absolutely disgusting 🤢
---
I thought raspberry’s response was to this at first 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Nope. Initially we were told to just oil it and wash it normally but it kept getting worse and worse to the point it had spread everywhere and his crown was infected and weeping. Was told to just rinse with warm water while he was on the oral antibiotics. That worked for a little bit but then it came back again before we'd even reintroduced any shampoo or other products. Went back to the Dr and she said he may have impetigo on his head and arm so prescribed the antifungal cream for his arm and the Capasol for his head. Used the latter once and his entire head is now all inflammed and crusty again. Took him to the pharmacist for advice because it's weeping again. He said the infection has come back so have to go to the Dr on Monday for more antibiotics and he gave us some emollient cream to put on the patches around his hairline. Both him and the Dr were confused because they said it looks like a combination of cradle cap, eczema and impetigo! Poor little guy is so obviously uncomfortable because he scratches it so much and if we cover his hands, he grinds his head into whatever is there whether it's our clothes, his bed, his playmat, car seat whatever.
Oh that sounds horrendous poor little man 😢
We’ve had some success with clinisept on inflamed eczema - it just like water, totally non irritant but antimicrobial stops any bacteria or fungus forming in the skin. It doesn’t fix it but it stops it getting infected.

Re stained clothes. Fairy liquid usually gets out milky poo or vom. It breaks down the fats.
I rinse under a running tap then squirt on fairy and rub it together then don’t let dry until it’s washed. Also a bio washing powder.
I tried to explain to OH in the week how Bio was for biological stains like grass, sweat etc and non bio for non bio stuff like ink, make up etc He was completely baffled. Like I was trying to explain the meaning of life 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Another thing good for stains is direct sunlight. If you can’t get a stain out after a wash stick it on the washing line right in the sun and it’ll come out. That top that my fella ruined by letting my 4yo loose with an open bottle of ketchup got saved by being our in the sun ☀

And you guys - my fella doesn’t even know how to turn the washing machine on 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Mr R can turn it on but he only washes his own stuff. He could have half a load and I could have 1 pair of pants to wash but will he think to put them in with his stuff?! Nope 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I tried to explain to OH in the week how Bio was for biological stains like grass, sweat etc and non bio for non bio stuff like ink, make up etc He was completely baffled. Like I was trying to explain the meaning of life 😂😂
I feel like you’ve just explained the meaning of life to me too I didn’t know this 😂😂 i dunno what I thought the difference was but it wasn’t that 😂

• Haha
Mr R can turn it on but he only washes his own stuff. He could have half a load and I could have 1 pair of pants to wash but will he think to put them in with his stuff?! Nope 😂
Omg this is Mr B. Except he'll chuck in one token item of mine like a pair of socks, and then tell me all proud that he's washed my socks. You wouldn't think this is a fella on the wrong side of his mid thirties would you 🙃
---
I feel like you’ve just explained the meaning of life to me too I didn’t know this 😂😂 i dunno what I thought the difference was but it wasn’t that 😂
Same 😆😆😆

• Haha
This non bio info is absolutely revolutionary. I thought I was fascinated by the rapid cool but this is a whole other level

• Haha
Reactions: 8
You guys literally make me laugh out loud, thank you 😁

Wee man has heat rash, at least I think it's heat rash. FML, what is it with this kid?!

• Heart
You guys literally make me laugh out loud, thank you 😁

Wee man has heat rash, at least I think it's heat rash. FML, what is it with this kid?!
Oh Jelly, I feel so sorry for you and baby. I wish I had some practical advice to offer but instead I just really truly hope you both catch a proper break soon x

• Heart
Thanks Brew 🥰 He's such a happy little bear despite all his ailments, just want to get everything sorted for him. Feels like one step forward, 20 backward at this point ☹

• Heart
Also in the no idea club about bio and non bio 😂 @littlepup you're educating us all! Also after contemplating it for ages I have a bissel spot cleaner coming this week so consider me well and truly influenced!

• Heart
  • Haha
Ahhhhh after my meltdown and down episode yesterday…. babies last 2 bottles have had infacol in, the last bottle I fed her with white noise on and she drank it nice and calmly, then I gave her a nice quiet warm bath, let her have some nappy free time, then soon as I put a nappy on she pooed 🤣 Now she’s fell asleep. No bad crying episode like the last two evenings 🙏 🙏 don’t know if she was just in a bad mood those last 2 evenings or if anything I’ve done has helped but I’m just glad she’s been happy 😄 I know not every night will be like this but I’ll take it as a win after how upset I was last night

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Glad Baby Melon has had a better evening 💜

Hope Baby Jelly is better soon. Baby R has heat rash on his belly so we’ve been having cool baths which seem to have helped. Still like 35 degrees but cool enough that it’s soothing him.

Following on from everyone loving their big knickers PP, is anyone else reluctant to give up their maternity bras? I had to wear a normal one for a couple of hours this evening and hated every second. Think I’m going to have to do a shop for some non-wired bras 🤣 god I’m getting old!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Glad Baby Melon has had a better evening 💜

Hope Baby Jelly is better soon. Baby R has heat rash on his belly so we’ve been having cool baths which seem to have helped. Still like 35 degrees but cool enough that it’s soothing him.

Following on from everyone loving their big knickers PP, is anyone else reluctant to give up their maternity bras? I had to wear a normal one for a couple of hours this evening and hated every second. Think I’m going to have to do a shop for some non-wired bras 🤣 god I’m getting old!
I never wore a maternity bra 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 1