Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought this one last week and have been wearing it for a few hours a day. I’d recommend it! It’s not a miracle cure but definitely helps with the pain.

BABYGO® 4 in 1 Pregnancy Support Belt Maternity & Postpartum Band - Relieve Back, Pelvic, Hip Pain, SPD & PGP >> inc 40 Page Pregnancy Book for Birth Preparation, Labour & Recovery Amazon product
Thanks for this! Ordered it last night and it's just come good old amazon prime!!! 😁

Reactions: 2
I’m 39 weeks pregnant and everyone is trying visit me and I don’t want visitors. Help me 😫😫 am I being ridiculous or is this behaviour not normal???? Why do they think I want visitors????

Can’t you just tell them that no one out of your bubble can visit otherwise you’re breaking the rules. I’ve loved having lockdown as an excuse to have less visitors

Reactions: 5
Just had my first covid vaccine! Feel relief I can stop overthinking it now 😬. They said the main symptom to expect is tiredness. My poor husband - the only thing we’ve watched in the evening together for the last few weeks is The Chase as I struggle to keep my eyes open much later! X
May I ask how many weeks along are you? I'm not able to get it yet but I'm nervous! And I'm 100% pro vaccine, this will be the first time I've had a vaccine other than whooping cough while preg

Where does everyone go for their community midwife appointments? I dunno if I’m just so used to everything being on my doorstep, but with my son she came to our local doctors once a week, and where I used to live friends had theirs at their local doctors too. But for my midwife appointments I have to travel 8 miles to a community centre in the middle of a random housing estate out of town. I don’t drive either (mega driving anxiety after being involved in a crash years ago) which is fine I can get a bus.. but the bus only takes you so far and it’s a 35 minute walk from the bus stop and my bladder I can’t do that 😩 my partners took the morning off so he can take me to my next one but it’s just not practical for him To take a day off every 2-3 weeks for it. I’m so stumped. I struggle with taxis too so I just don’t know what to do.

May I ask how many weeks along are you? I'm not able to get it yet but I'm nervous! And I'm 100% pro vaccine, this will be the first time I've had a vaccine other than whooping cough while preg
I’m 14 weeks on Friday. They’ve just updated the recommendations to include pregnant women but that doesn’t seem to have trickled through to the people on the booking lines and my GP surgery said they’d check and call me back a week ago! My consultant and I discussed it and she referred me to the covid booking team in the hospital, they called me yesterday and I had it today. I’ve done a lot of reading and it was the decision I felt comfortable with but it’s such a personal decision and funnily enough some relatives who are very very pro vaccine have all of a sudden been all “ooh you’re having it when pregnant”. I feel better now that it’s done and just hoping I’m spared any rough side effects.

Grateful to whoever it was on here that recommended fruit pastille ice lollies the other day - SO satisfying! X

Reactions: 4
I’m 14 weeks on Friday. They’ve just updated the recommendations to include pregnant women but that doesn’t seem to have trickled through to the people on the booking lines and my GP surgery said they’d check and call me back a week ago! My consultant and I discussed it and she referred me to the covid booking team in the hospital, they called me yesterday and I had it today. I’ve done a lot of reading and it was the decision I felt comfortable with but it’s such a personal decision and funnily enough some relatives who are very very pro vaccine have all of a sudden been all “ooh you’re having it when pregnant”. I feel better now that it’s done and just hoping I’m spared any rough side effects.

Grateful to whoever it was on here that recommended fruit pastille ice lollies the other day - SO satisfying! X
I told you the ice lollies are a game changer they have to be those specific ones I’ve bought more last night too glad you’re enjoying them x

• Heart
I’m 39 weeks pregnant and everyone is trying visit me and I don’t want visitors. Help me 😫😫 am I being ridiculous or is this behaviour not normal???? Why do they think I want visitors????
Omg what is that about! I've had people ask me to meet them for lunch.. I'm overdue and all I want to do is sleep. I've also been invited to multiple events at the end of May / start of June and people are wondering why I'm getting frustrated?! 🤣

Reactions: 6
Can’t you just tell them that no one out of your bubble can visit otherwise you’re breaking the rules. I’ve loved having lockdown as an excuse to have less visitors
But that rule has been lifted now? People are allowed around in garden. Which is another thing, it’s rained for 7 days straight. Are you okay? Haven’t even mowed the lawn 🙈🤣

I have enjoyed the peace and quiet but now I’m feeling overwhelmed!

Omg what is that about! I've had people ask me to meet them for lunch.. I'm overdue and all I want to do is sleep. I've also been invited to multiple events at the end of May / start of June and people are wondering why I'm getting frustrated?! 🤣
It’s really not ideal is it! I’m turning my phone off when the baby is here, you can’t be honest either. I just want to be alone to mentally prepare 🤷‍♀️🙈

I feel so weird even giving it a second thought as it's not like me!! I have a few weeks left til I can get it anyway, thanks for replying,keep us updated on how you feel x

Wanted to ask....did anyone get the Nuchal translucency test or will you?
Thats the edwards, patau and downs test right? I had it. The sonographer just took measurements of baby on the screen. Its not invasive. I think a further test can be done if the results come back with a higher chance of the above. I had a letter within a week with the results.

Reactions: 3
In many places in the UK it’s done as standard as part of the 12 week scan. I’m in NI where it isn’t done as standard so haven’t ever had it.
Yeah I'm in NI too, I didn't get it first baby as I was under 35 but the midwife says as I am over 35 this time it will be offered to me and its entirely my choice to take it. BUT now that you say that, I think there's another test later on in pregnancy that's not done in NI, think it's only this one (scan and blood test) if you are over 35.

Thats the edwards, patau and downs test right? I had it. The sonographer just took measurements of baby on the screen. Its not invasive. I think a further test can be done if the results come back with a higher chance of the above. I had a letter within a week with the results.
Yes that's the one. I dont know anyone that's had it so was curious!

Reactions: 1
Yes I think it will be done as part of my dating scan next week. I didn’t realise it was optional I thought everyone had it 😅
It's totally random but I *think* it's because in NI abortion wasn't legal until 2019 so they didn't test for it as there was no option available if you didn't want to proceed with the pregnancy. Crazy isn't it.

• Angry
  • Wow
It's totally random but I *think* it's because in NI abortion wasn't legal until 2019 so they didn't test for it as there was no option available if you didn't want to proceed with the pregnancy. Crazy isn't it.
Oh yeah I watched the three family programme on BBC the past two nights, it was crazy!

Reactions: 1
Wanted to ask....did anyone get the Nuchal translucency test or will you?
Yes I had it. I had a blood test 30 mins before scan and they gave me the results afterwards, they also check certain measurements during the scan and I think it’s the combination of the bloods and those that give the results. I didn’t know it was optional!

I feel awful complaining.

I loved my first pregnancy - aside from sickness I was glowing I had energy & I felt amazing. I feel disgusting in this one, all I've done is complain, everywhere quite literally hurts, and I've had enough. I feel even worse complaining because I'm lucky enough to carry twins so that's really not helping my guilt.

I sat in the loo earlier at work and had a little cry to myself as I felt like I honestly couldn't go on, 12 hour shifts really aren't helping. Don't think I'm gonna stay sane for the next 20 weeks & I feel awful even thinking it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
But that rule has been lifted now? People are allowed around in garden. Which is another thing, it’s rained for 7 days straight. Are you okay? Haven’t even mowed the lawn 🙈🤣

I have enjoyed the peace and quiet but now I’m feeling overwhelmed!

It’s really not ideal is it! I’m turning my phone off when the baby is here, you can’t be honest either. I just want to be alone to mentally prepare 🤷‍♀️🙈

It definitely hasn’t been sit out weather where I live for weeks so haven’t had anyone round. The rules change again next Monday but as I’m unvaccinated and pregnant, it will only be close family that I’d be allowing in anyway-each to their own though
Some people need visitors for the good of their mental health

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.