Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I'm in NI too, I didn't get it first baby as I was under 35 but the midwife says as I am over 35 this time it will be offered to me and its entirely my choice to take it. BUT now that you say that, I think there's another test later on in pregnancy that's not done in NI, think it's only this one (scan and blood test) if you are over 35.

Yes that's the one. I dont know anyone that's had it so was curious!
My sister is over 35 and wasn’t offered the NT in either of her pregnancies, so I’m surprised to hear your midwife has said that. It’s absolutely non invasive as far as I know, just part of the scan, so just your own feelings about whether you want it done or not. A friend of mine did have Edward’s syndrome picked up at her routine 20 week scan, so even if you decline now it may still be picked up later on if there was anything to see.

I’m glad I’ve never had to make the decision, tbh. Sometimes I think having a choice in these things is worse than it either just being “no we don’t do that for you” or “yes that’s part of the scan”. I’m sure you will make the right decision, whatever you decide.

It's totally random but I *think* it's because in NI abortion wasn't legal until 2019 so they didn't test for it as there was no option available if you didn't want to proceed with the pregnancy. Crazy isn't it.
I believe that’s right, that’s what I’ve always heard anyway.

Reactions: 3
I feel awful complaining.

I loved my first pregnancy - aside from sickness I was glowing I had energy & I felt amazing. I feel disgusting in this one, all I've done is complain, everywhere quite literally hurts, and I've had enough. I feel even worse complaining because I'm lucky enough to carry twins so that's really not helping my guilt.

I sat in the loo earlier at work and had a little cry to myself as I felt like I honestly couldn't go on, 12 hour shifts really aren't helping. Don't think I'm gonna stay sane for the next 20 weeks & I feel awful even thinking it.
Mama its okay.
Its okay to feel tit.
Its okay to complain.
Its okay to cry.
Its okay to leave the house messy and sit on the sofa with ice cream.
It wont be forever.
'the days are long but the years are short'.
You CAN and you WILL get through this.
We are all so much stronger than we know (for these babies). ❤

Sending you a big hug

• Heart
Reactions: 14

I loved my first pregnancy - aside from sickness I was glowing I had energy & I felt amazing. I feel disgusting in this one, all I've done is complain, everywhere quite literally hurts, and I've had enough. I feel even worse complaining because I'm lucky enough to carry twins so that's really not helping my guilt.

I sat in the loo earlier at work and had a little cry to myself as I felt like I honestly couldn't go on, 12 hour shifts really aren't helping. Don't think I'm gonna stay sane for the next 20 weeks & I feel awful even thinking it.
Friend, you are doing DOUBLE the work of a normal pregnancy. You are growing two humans, it is no wonder you feel so down, it must absolutely exhausting and draining for you.

As someone said the other day, pregnancy is the journey and how you feel about it doesn’t reflect the destination. You love your babies, you don’t need to feel guilty about finding their pregnancy hard x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My sister is over 35 and wasn’t offered the NT in either of her pregnancies, so I’m surprised to hear your midwife has said that. It’s absolutely non invasive as far as I know, just part of the scan, so just your own feelings about whether you want it done or not. A friend of mine did have Edward’s syndrome picked up at her routine 20 week scan, so even if you decline now it may still be picked up later on if there was anything to see.

I’m glad I’ve never had to make the decision, tbh. Sometimes I think having a choice in these things is worse than it either just being “no we don’t do that for you” or “yes that’s part of the scan”. I’m sure you will make the right decision, whatever you decide.

I believe that’s right, that’s what I’ve always heard anyway.
To be honest part of me wishes I wasn't offered it....but to be fair whatever the result it wouldn't change a single thing anyway. ❤

• Heart
It definitely hasn’t been sit out weather where I live for weeks so haven’t had anyone round. The rules change again next Monday but as I’m unvaccinated and pregnant, it will only be close family that I’d be allowing in anyway-each to their own though
Some people need visitors for the good of their mental health
Yh I think I’m going to say this to them.
I don’t wanna risk anything, or my partner not being at the birth.

Reactions: 1
Yh I think I’m going to say this to them.
I don’t wanna risk anything, or my partner not being at the birth.
I'm only 21 weeks and I'll be using covid for as long as possible to excuse myself from any gatherings! 😂 It's been the perfect excuse. So has my ongoing sickness. "Sorry, having a rough day" 🤥🤥

• Haha
Reactions: 10
They have the Prada nylon at bicester village for 650 I went to look last week but they aren’t that big. I was also told that they have Gucci baby bags in often at the bicester Gucci shop for around 500 usually around 850 in selfridges xx
Whaaaat!! I need to get to Bicester, thank you!!

The prada nylon doesn’t look big so it doesn’t surprise me even though my heart wants it.

I feel like if the next few years are dedicated to kiddo stuff (I’m only just outta the whole kitchen sink stage with a 3.5yo!) then I want something I’ll use and adore and I don’t mind spending. I’ve got so many bags that I don’t use as they’re not practical for paw patrol toys or endless snacks or spare pants 😂

Ahh you have twice the job! Go easy on yourself, you are incredible and don’t forget it!! X

Reactions: 2

Sending you a massive hug! ❤

Wanted to ask....did anyone get the Nuchal translucency test or will you?
I’m having it done privately on Friday... I’m not high risk I’m just super super paranoid! I had my first visit to the maternity today and I mentioned that I was having the NT on Friday and they totally dismissed me saying it was a waste of time and money 🙄

• Wow
Where does everyone go for their community midwife appointments? I dunno if I’m just so used to everything being on my doorstep, but with my son she came to our local doctors once a week, and where I used to live friends had theirs at their local doctors too. But for my midwife appointments I have to travel 8 miles to a community centre in the middle of a random housing estate out of town. I don’t drive either (mega driving anxiety after being involved in a crash years ago) which is fine I can get a bus.. but the bus only takes you so far and it’s a 35 minute walk from the bus stop and my bladder I can’t do that 😩 my partners took the morning off so he can take me to my next one but it’s just not practical for him To take a day off every 2-3 weeks for it. I’m so stumped. I struggle with taxis too so I just don’t know what to do.
Mine 3 years ago were in the doctors surgery. But because of Covid (I presume) they were at a community centre

Wanted to ask....did anyone get the Nuchal translucency test or will you?
It's automatically done if you're in the UK I believe.
Ireland and NI appear to be the ones that dont

At the 12 weeks scan? Yep we had it, then had a NIPT as we had a high risk of downs x
Prob a very silly question but I’m new to all this! Did you get the results of the NT there and then? It’s not part of the 12 week scan here so I had to book it up the country privately 🙄

Mine 3 years ago were in the doctors surgery. But because of Covid (I presume) they were at a community centre

It's automatically done if you're in the UK I believe.
Ireland and NI appear to be the ones that dont
Yes Ireland gets the raw deal 🤣 I asked what my baby’s heart rate was today and the sonographer said they don’t check it 🤣 I can’t wait to get to that private clinic on Friday 🤣 the UK girlies really don’t know how lucky you are! It’s like the 1950s here

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
If you scroll back you might find my ranting about my midwife etc because it’s been tit. If I hadn’t continuously rang up abs questioned them I could have just never gone to any appointments etc because they have all be awful. Keep pressing them don’t give up yours and your baby’s health is important so don’t feel like you’re nagging them that is their job to assist you. Did you find out the sex of the baby? Seems like there are alot of girls in this thread! X
Ah sorry to hear you had a rubbish time with with them...
I’ve had a good read of the posts now.
Tbh I’ve been off work for 3 months (just on a phased return now) with MH problems for most of my pregnancy. I was soooo low. My GP was amazing with me. I told my midwife at my 16 week appointment about it and she just brushed it off and said hormones 😅

I had a miscarriage a few years ago & then a few weeks after my would-have-been due date, a midwife rang me and congratulated me on my baby 🥴so tbh I don’t think my area has good communication at all!

I am having a boy!!! I’m so bloody excited 💙💙 ooooh I see there are lots of girls on the thread, are you having a girl?When’s your due date? Mine is 31st August! X

I am INSATIABLY hungry today and also so, so sleepy. Baby extra active today as well, makes me wonder are these things related, like is she taking all my energy 😂

Also genuinely think I'm developing a biscuit addiction 🙈
I’ve got a buttered cream cracker / biscuit addiction too haha 😆

• Haha
Ah sorry to hear you had a rubbish time with with them...
I’ve had a good read of the posts now.
Tbh I’ve been off work for 3 months (just on a phased return now) with MH problems for most of my pregnancy. I was soooo low. My GP was amazing with me. I told my midwife at my 16 week appointment about it and she just brushed it off and said hormones 😅

I had a miscarriage a few years ago & then a few weeks after my would-have-been due date, a midwife rang me and congratulated me on my baby 🥴so tbh I don’t think my area has good communication at all!

I am having a boy!!! I’m so bloody excited 💙💙 ooooh I see there are lots of girls on the thread, are you having a girl?When’s your due date? Mine is 31st August! X

I’ve got a buttered cream cracker / biscuit addiction too haha 😆

I’m also having a boy and due 30th August! X

• Heart
Has anybody used the BabyBrezza formula machine? Everyone I know has sworn by the TommeeTippee perfect prep but I have seen this advertised and on a few Instagram pages. I like that you can keep the formula in it and everything comes apart for washing, it’s more expensive but you don’t need to buy filters so I figure overall it’ll probably end up the same over the course of the first year. I’ll be trying breastfeeding but pretty sure I’d like to do combined feeding from early on if I can. I go from not being able to believe I’m even pregnant to full on research & organisation mode 🥴

Prob a very silly question but I’m new to all this! Did you get the results of the NT there and then? It’s not part of the 12 week scan here so I had to book it up the country privately 🙄
Not a silly question at all! So we got our results in two parts... they measured the NT and said there was a risk because it was quite high and then I had my bloods done straight after and then they called me the next day with the actual risk which I was 1/100 if that makes sense?
so Idid the NIPT the following week and they came back with the results as 1/10000 with a 99% accuracy whereas NT I believe is only in the 70s of accuracy. That’s what I was told anyway!

Not a silly question at all! So we got our results in two parts... they measured the NT and said there was a risk because it was quite high and then I had my bloods done straight after and then they called me the next day with the actual risk which I was 1/100 if that makes sense?
so Idid the NIPT the following week and they came back with the results as 1/10000 with a 99% accuracy whereas NT I believe is only in the 70s of accuracy. That’s what I was told anyway!
Thanks so much for the info 😊 I’m so new to all this and I was really worried because of my age (34) after my hospital scan today they said I am very low risk so I’m just being extra cautious by getting the NT done privately and also because my husband can attend 🙏🏾

Thanks so much for the info 😊 I’m so new to all this and I was really worried because of my age (34) after my hospital scan today they said I am very low risk so I’m just being extra cautious by getting the NT done privately and also because my husband can attend 🙏🏾
Aw bless you, I think if there’s anything you can do to help you feel less anxious in pregnancy then definitely do it!
when you say you’re getting your NT done privately... is that just being done by another scan?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.