Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't feel as nauseous today and that's making me freak out 😱😱😱
Don’t worry it comes and goes how many weeks are you now? I was sick for the first time yesterday in weeks probably since 15 weeks and I am 23+ 6. The sickness is horrible but I know what you mean it kind of disappears and you think aaaaah

H&M have some good, basic floaty ones! (I’m the biggest H&M fan hahah). Just wish the weather would actually be warm enough to wear them now 😒

Those of you who already have babies, what are your thoughts on changing bags? Are they worth it? A relative has offered to buy us something and thought that could be a potential good ‘non essential’ item which is not too boring!
We had a tiba and marl bag, like a hold-all almost. It was great to attach to the park with carrabinas (those big clips) and we use it as an overnight bag now. I kind of wish we got the backpack version as sometimes it’s easier to throw it on your back than have it across the body so maybe I’ll treat myself this time as tbh I have an endless list of toddler stuff to carry too!

I think the ones who are able to be reused somehow again is helpful as it’s not a wasted item if you know what I mean?

My dream splurge is a designer back pack like the prada nylon but I think it’s reaching 😂

Reactions: 4
We had a tiba and marl bag, like a hold-all almost. It was great to attach to the park with carrabinas (those big clips) and we use it as an overnight bag now. I kind of wish we got the backpack version as sometimes it’s easier to throw it on your back than have it across the body so maybe I’ll treat myself this time as tbh I have an endless list of toddler stuff to carry too!

I think the ones who are able to be reused somehow again is helpful as it’s not a wasted item if you know what I mean?

My dream splurge is a designer back pack like the prada nylon but I think it’s reaching 😂
They have the Prada nylon at bicester village for 650 I went to look last week but they aren’t that big. I was also told that they have Gucci baby bags in often at the bicester Gucci shop for around 500 usually around 850 in selfridges xx

• Wow
Don’t worry it comes and goes how many weeks are you now? I was sick for the first time yesterday in weeks probably since 15 weeks and I am 23+ 6. The sickness is horrible but I know what you mean it kind of disappears and you think aaaaah
I'm 10+5....I think im worrying over nothing as I've come into the work kitchen for lunch and and smell of everyone's lunch nearly made me retch. 🤮
I always seem to be worse at the weekend maybe cos I am still hiding it in work I'm subconsciously holding back on giving into it? 😂

Reactions: 1

I’ve got my eye on the prada too! Burberry do a nice changing backpack. Trying to convince my husband as we never had a honeymoon thanks to covid so I deserve a treat 😂

They have the Prada nylon at bicester village for 650 I went to look last week but they aren’t that big. I was also told that they have Gucci baby bags in often at the bicester Gucci shop for around 500 usually around 850 in selfridges xx
Omg I’m going to Bicester soon!! Thanks for this 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think it depends how much you go out, will you use the buggy or a sling, do you have a car with you where you can leave a big bag and just carry a small kit etc.

I use one of these sorts of things if I’m without the buggy, fits in my regular acessorize rucksack or carried on its own. Fits wipes, few nappies, change of clothes and an incontinence sheet that we use as disposables change mat.
Folding nappy changer

If I’m with the buggy I have one of these Buggy organisers with nappies, a mat, a baby gro and wipes in.

If I were bottle feeding I’d like a bag with insulated/waterproof pockets that stay upright and contain leaks. As she gets older & we need more things, we might want different pockets for toys, snacks, waterproof pockets etc and something unisex & comfortable to carry. I’ll get one of those from Amazon for £20-30. Depends how organised you want to be.

That folding nappy changer looks great! I think anything vaguely nice or expensive will get ruined on my watch 🤣

Ah I was looking at the tiba and marl ones - they are lovely! You’re def right about the backpack, lots of them seem to attach to the pushchair as well. The babymel ones look quite good without being too square or massive (some of them remind me of the hideous work issued rucksack I had to use when I was a new grad carrying two laptops around London for work 🤪)

Reactions: 2
Hey I was in the same situation at my 16 week appointment the midwife told me to book another appointment at 25 weeks maybe give the midwife or doctors surgery a call as I believe from all of my friends who are pregnant too that you have one at 25 weeks so she might have forgot to say as mine spoke so fast to me. Have you had your whooping cough vaccine also as I think this needs to be done after 20 weeks. I am only a few days behind you at 23 + 6 I also have no idea what to do other than advice from the wonderful ladies on here or my friend who is 8 weeks in front of me xx
Hi, congratulations! 🥰
That’s really good to know, thank you. I’ve left her a message today so will see what happens...
I did have my whooping cough vaccine but it was with a nurse rather than my midwife so didn’t get a chance to catch up then. I wish I’d found this thread sooner tbh, it’s nice to know people are in similar situations as me. Xx

• Heart
Exciting. What travel set are you going for?
Im looking for an icandy lime phantom second hand currently. Itll be perfect for us 😁
We’ve gone for the joie versatrax bundle. Saw it in the shops and really liked it, felt nice to push and not too heavy etc. I ordered it when it was on as pre order thinking it wouldn’t come for at least a month but it turned up the following week 😂

Just googled yours, looks really nice! Similar colour to mine, can’t go wrong with grey

Hi, congratulations! 🥰
That’s really good to know, thank you. I’ve left her a message today so will see what happens...
I did have my whooping cough vaccine but it was with a nurse rather than my midwife so didn’t get a chance to catch up then. I wish I’d found this thread sooner tbh, it’s nice to know people are in similar situations as me. Xx
If you scroll back you might find my ranting about my midwife etc because it’s been tit. If I hadn’t continuously rang up abs questioned them I could have just never gone to any appointments etc because they have all be awful. Keep pressing them don’t give up yours and your baby’s health is important so don’t feel like you’re nagging them that is their job to assist you. Did you find out the sex of the baby? Seems like there are alot of girls in this thread! X

• Heart
That folding nappy changer looks great! I think anything vaguely nice or expensive will get ruined on my watch 🤣

Ah I was looking at the tiba and marl ones - they are lovely! You’re def right about the backpack, lots of them seem to attach to the pushchair as well. The babymel ones look quite good without being too square or massive (some of them remind me of the hideous work issued rucksack I had to use when I was a new grad carrying two laptops around London for work 🤪)
We have had 2 babymel ones - the navy rucksack and the striped hold-all but our tiba and marl backpack is waaaaay better. Such a splurge but I know it will last through all my kids and then as a backpack for me whenever I need one. Very roomy, decent amount of pockets and you can fit more than you think you can in it. It’s also really robust - we left it on top of the car the other day and drove off and it went flying down the road and it’s not got a scratch or mark in sight 🤣🤣 Really rate it. The babymel ones were similar sized but we are really heavy on our changing bags so they looked a bit manky after time and I found they weren’t comfy at all to carry for long periods 🥴

Hiya, bit of a random one....over the last few weeks I’ve noticed loads of baby hairs on my head, to the extent it looks like I’ve got a lion mane when I tie my hair up 😂 I’ve never had this before...is it pregnancy related? Seen loads of stuff about postpartum hair loss etc but nothing about this! Has anyone had anything similar, worried I’m going mad 😂😂😂

We have had 2 babymel ones - the navy rucksack and the striped hold-all but our tiba and marl backpack is waaaaay better. Such a splurge but I know it will last through all my kids and then as a backpack for me whenever I need one. Very roomy, decent amount of pockets and you can fit more than you think you can in it. It’s also really robust - we left it on top of the car the other day and drove off and it went flying down the road and it’s not got a scratch or mark in sight 🤣🤣 Really rate it. The babymel ones were similar sized but we are really heavy on our changing bags so they looked a bit manky after time and I found they weren’t comfy at all to carry for long periods 🥴
Just looked at this one, it’s really nice! Worth the money if it lasts too, I’ve looked at loads of different ones but some look huge and bulky. I know I’ll need lots of bits for the baby but I don’t want to lug around a bigger bag than necessary. Think I’ll add this one to my wish list 😍

Ahh I honestly don’t know how people have so many pregnancy’s ( no offence at all intended) this is only my first, I’m only 12 weeks and I’ve not stopped feeling awful or worrying. How that Radford lady has had 20 odd pregnancy’s, I don’t know. I honestly take my hat (that I don’t have!) off to her and any of you that have had multiple pregnancy’s! You are the real hero’s 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ahh I honestly don’t know how people have so many pregnancy’s ( no offence at all intended) this is only my first, I’m only 12 weeks and I’ve not stopped feeling awful or worrying. How that Radford lady has had 20 odd pregnancy’s, I don’t know. I honestly take my hat (that I don’t have!) off to her and any of you that have had multiple pregnancy’s! You are the real hero’s 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
The worry never gets less in any pregnancy, but the reward is worth it. For me, my sickness got worse and worse with each pregnancy. So now we’ve had 4 I couldn’t do another knowing how horrendous I felt for the last 9 months. And I know plenty of people who stopped at 1 for that same reason. Hopefully you feel better, in all respects, soon.

Reactions: 7
We’ve gone for the joie versatrax bundle. Saw it in the shops and really liked it, felt nice to push and not too heavy etc. I ordered it when it was on as pre order thinking it wouldn’t come for at least a month but it turned up the following week 😂

Just googled yours, looks really nice! Similar colour to mine, can’t go wrong with grey
Ooooh I'm going for this too. Did you get it from online4baby? Which colour?! I like the grey and the sage colour

Reactions: 1

My friend with a young boy recommended the joie prams 😊 love a beautiful grey. Im so excited by all of its features. It has a crib that baby can sleep in overnight if you end up staying somewhere, so dont have to also take a moses basket. Love that. Im not sure if they all do that. I just think its pretty cool.

First day back at work after a few weeks off related to stress. Systems have changed, colleagues have left and new ones started. Its all change with hardly any support. Manager still a raging dragon. Had a frustrated cry at lunch and read the maternity policy again. Keep telling myself not long left!

20 pregnancies is insane. She has an addiction to it right?

Hiya, bit of a random one....over the last few weeks I’ve noticed loads of baby hairs on my head, to the extent it looks like I’ve got a lion mane when I tie my hair up 😂 I’ve never had this before...is it pregnancy related? Seen loads of stuff about postpartum hair loss etc but nothing about this! Has anyone had anything similar, worried I’m going mad 😂😂😂
I think this is normal. I remember lily pebbles complaining of this when she was preggo. Ive also got baby hairs growing on my head 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am INSATIABLY hungry today and also so, so sleepy. Baby extra active today as well, makes me wonder are these things related, like is she taking all my energy 😂

Also genuinely think I'm developing a biscuit addiction 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m 39 weeks pregnant and everyone is trying visit me and I don’t want visitors. Help me 😫😫 am I being ridiculous or is this behaviour not normal???? Why do they think I want visitors????

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Just had my first covid vaccine! Feel relief I can stop overthinking it now 😬. They said the main symptom to expect is tiredness. My poor husband - the only thing we’ve watched in the evening together for the last few weeks is The Chase as I struggle to keep my eyes open much later! X

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.