Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So next week we're doing a 3 night staycation down by the coast. It's about 2.5 hours drive from us and I'll be 32 weeks plus a few days. Really looking forward to it, cute little hotel etc.

But at this stage would you be taking your hospital bag with you just in case? Trying to figure out logistics as the little cabin suitcase I'm planning to use for the staycation is the same one that will be used for my hospital bag lol.

Reactions: 2
Parking myself here at 4+2. This is our third rodeo, I have 2 lovely boys under 4 (ha ha ha ...yes I am mental and yes this was very planned as we want a smaller age gap 🥴😅). Nausea started pretty much the second I peed on a stick, I have suffered badly with HG in my past two pregnancies so I’m really nervous about that reoccurring buuuut we are so so excited to complete our little family. Have loved reading through these threads, feeling very comforted knowing I can vent somewhere after feeling like I suffered very much alone with my last 2 pregnancies as only a couple of my friends have kids and my poor partner took the brunt of it all 😅🤣 xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So next week we're doing a 3 night staycation down by the coast. It's about 2.5 hours drive from us and I'll be 32 weeks plus a few days. Really looking forward to it, cute little hotel etc.

But at this stage would you be taking your hospital bag with you just in case? Trying to figure out logistics as the little cabin suitcase I'm planning to use for the staycation is the same one that will be used for my hospital bag lol.
Personally I wouldn’t at that stage, my hospital bag wouldn’t be packed. But if it makes you feel more comfortable to take it, then do 😊

Reactions: 3
Parking myself here at 4+2. This is our third rodeo, I have 2 lovely boys under 4 (ha ha ha ...yes I am mental and yes this was very planned as we want a smaller age gap 🥴😅). Nausea started pretty much the second I peed on a stick, I have suffered badly with HG in my past two pregnancies so I’m really nervous about that reoccurring buuuut we are so so excited to complete our little family. Have loved reading through these threads, feeling very comforted knowing I can vent somewhere after feeling like I suffered very much alone with my last 2 pregnancies as only a couple of my friends have kids and my poor partner took the brunt of it all 😅🤣 xxx
Welcome! So good to see fellow TTC’ers on here ☺❤. Hope the sickness doesn’t start getting too bad x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Personally I wouldn’t at that stage, my hospital bag wouldn’t be packed. But if it makes you feel more comfortable to take it, then do 😊
Yeah same tbh, it's just I've read a few threads on bloody Mumsnet where people have had their hosp bags packed from around 28 to 30 weeks and have washed all their baby clothes already etc, I'm like 🤯 am I just really disorganised? I wasn't planning on packing hospital bag till around 34/35 weeks.

If it makes you more at ease having it in the boot just in case do it. But I’m 36 weeks and it’s not completely ready yet. Hope you have a good time

Yeah same tbh, it's just I've read a few threads on bloody Mumsnet where people have had their hosp bags packed from around 28 to 30 weeks and have washed all their baby clothes already etc, I'm like 🤯 am I just really disorganised? I wasn't planning on packing hospital bag till around 34/35 weeks.
Same! In the FB group I was in, some woman said she had rewashed AND reironed all of the baby clothes for the ‘last time’. I was just thinking, how many times and why??? How can you be bothered?!

I only finished my hospital bag last week at 39 weeks out of laziness so I wouldn’t worry about the bag neither. Maybe just take your hospital notes if that puts your mind at ease?

Reactions: 5
Ladies please don’t judge me if I’m all sorted and ready to go at like 30 weeks lol. I like to be prepared and organised cause of my anxiety. I promise I’ll only wash the clothes once lol

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hi everyone, I’m 24 weeks. I have only had contact from my midwife twice (8 weeks and at my 16 week check up), and I don’t have any appointments booked in with her. Is this normal? It’s my first baby so just want to double check! When do I start learning how to give birth haha
Hey I was in the same situation at my 16 week appointment the midwife told me to book another appointment at 25 weeks maybe give the midwife or doctors surgery a call as I believe from all of my friends who are pregnant too that you have one at 25 weeks so she might have forgot to say as mine spoke so fast to me. Have you had your whooping cough vaccine also as I think this needs to be done after 20 weeks. I am only a few days behind you at 23 + 6 I also have no idea what to do other than advice from the wonderful ladies on here or my friend who is 8 weeks in front of me xx

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Ladies please don’t judge me if I’m all sorted and ready to go at like 30 weeks lol. I like to be prepared and organised cause of my anxiety. I promise I’ll only wash the clothes once lol
I was the same don't worry! I like to take my time and wanted to feel organised, no one will judge 💗 x

Reactions: 5
I think it’s nice you are organised and prepared I am the kind of person who books a holiday two days before we go and I buy things on impulse so I won’t judge I just wish I was like that x

Rant -

Why are maternity dresses all right fitting ones right now!
Its hot. Its coming up to summer. I don't want skin tight dresses i want cute floaty ones.
Especially when baby boy has brought with him a heck load of back fat so bodycon is an absolute no
H&M have some good, basic floaty ones! (I’m the biggest H&M fan hahah). Just wish the weather would actually be warm enough to wear them now 😒

Those of you who already have babies, what are your thoughts on changing bags? Are they worth it? A relative has offered to buy us something and thought that could be a potential good ‘non essential’ item which is not too boring!

H&M have some good, basic floaty ones! (I’m the biggest H&M fan hahah). Just wish the weather would actually be warm enough to wear them now 😒
I second h&m and also some really lovely ones on Zara with shirred smocking at the top in blue and pink I might wear one of these for my baby shower if I get to have one! I have also worn the stretchy tight ones that are like vest. I have attached some pictures x
BB6C11D5-ED0D-4B03-B665-DFDD1A0640DA.jpeg

Attachments

I wouldn't as normally don't tend to pack my hospital bag until around 36 weeks. Even then I only start to think about it haha

Those of you who already have babies, what are your thoughts on changing bags? Are they worth it? A relative has offered to buy us something and thought that could be a potential good ‘non essential’ item which is not too boring!
I always use one but the one I've got this time is just a bag and it has no pockets and I hate it 😂
I don't spend a fortune on them though. As nice as the £50odd ones look, the ones less than £20 do just as well.

Reactions: 1

We have one of the backpack ones which has been great, and was only about £30 on Amazon. I don’t use a handbag though, so the change bag is the only bag I have.

Oh haha sorry not judging anyone who is super organised at all, in fact I admire them. For me I’m just not very productive when I’ve got so much time left (hopefully) and if I was to pack now, I’d probably end up repacking about a million times anyway! I also can’t be bothered to have to buy another bag/small suitcase, as currently my holiday bag is also the same bag to be used as my hospital bag.

I think it depends how much you go out, will you use the buggy or a sling, do you have a car with you where you can leave a big bag and just carry a small kit etc.

I use one of these sorts of things if I’m without the buggy, fits in my regular acessorize rucksack or carried on its own. Fits wipes, few nappies, change of clothes and an incontinence sheet that we use as disposables change mat.
Folding nappy changer

If I’m with the buggy I have one of these Buggy organisers with nappies, a mat, a baby gro and wipes in.

If I were bottle feeding I’d like a bag with insulated/waterproof pockets that stay upright and contain leaks. As she gets older & we need more things, we might want different pockets for toys, snacks, waterproof pockets etc and something unisex & comfortable to carry. I’ll get one of those from Amazon for £20-30. Depends how organised you want to be.

I have been looking for a designer baby bag but I have come to the conclusion that once she doesn’t need it anymore I will have to try and sell it so I think I am going to just buy the stokke baby bag which attaches to the stokke explory pram so it matches and it can be worn across body or as a rucksack or attached to the pram. None of my handbags will fit a bottle in apart from a shopper. X

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.