Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, I’m 24 weeks. I have only had contact from my midwife twice (8 weeks and at my 16 week check up), and I don’t have any appointments booked in with her. Is this normal? It’s my first baby so just want to double check! When do I start learning how to give birth haha
Hi I think you should have one for around 25 weeks as well. I recently switched areas and before had the least communicative midwife, didn’t even meet her in person at all everything was on the phone. Moved at 18 weeks and met a midwife at 21 weeks just to check in with moving and get all new info. But seeing her again on Thursday (I’ll be 24+3). You should also see her again from 28 weeks for measurements and checks. Maybe give her a ring to check in!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi I think you should have one for around 25 weeks as well. I recently switched areas and before had the least communicative midwife, didn’t even meet her in person at all everything was on the phone. Moved at 18 weeks and met a midwife at 21 weeks just to check in with moving and get all new info. But seeing her again on Thursday (I’ll be 24+3). You should also see her again from 28 weeks for measurements and checks. Maybe give her a ring to check in!
Ah thank you for that- I will give her a call

I know they’re all super busy atm so I don’t want to pester her unnecessarily but that puts my mind at rest

Reactions: 2
Hi everyone, I’m 24 weeks. I have only had contact from my midwife twice (8 weeks and at my 16 week check up), and I don’t have any appointments booked in with her. Is this normal? It’s my first baby so just want to double check! When do I start learning how to give birth haha
You should have a 25 week appointment and then one every 2/3 weeks until you give birth! I would definitely ring them and get booked in. This might help :)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Don’t quite have a baby yet to actually road test it 🤣 but I bought some H&M stuff from eBay and it looks SO small (compared to the John Lewis stuff it’s a good few cm smaller!)

In contrast I ordered a car seat from JL too (got the joie I-spin 360) and the box is MASSIVE and about 15kg, sort of regretting buying it 3 months before we’ll need it as I have nowhere to put it!
Our travel system came on Saturday in FIVE separate boxes! We’re currently decorating too so the whole downstairs looks like a warehouse at the moment 😂

Reactions: 6
You should have a 25 week appointment and then one every 2/3 weeks until you give birth! I would definitely ring them and get booked in. This might help :)
Oooooh okay, thank you. Will definitely give them a call tomorrow :)

So nice to read everyone else’s thoughts about pregnancy too. Our baby is so wanted and I’m so excited for them to be here but I’m not particularly enjoying being pregnant. My skin is absolutely awful which is making me feel tit, I’m exhausted a lot of the time, my back hurts and I’m very conscious of the changes to my body. There’s also the constant worry that never seems to go away (current one is should I have felt the baby move by now). Women should be able to discuss this openly without feeling guilty/ungrateful - which is why I love this thread!

Reactions: 15
I have only seen mine twice and neither were very long appointments and I am not due to see her again until mid July. I asked about birth at my 16 week appointment and was told later on.

Have my first official scan at the maternity today (at 14 weeks🙄) Jesus I had the worst bout of constipation last light and spent 2 hours on the toilet (thank god for tiktok) and got up for a pee about 10 times 🥴🤣 please say it gets better 🙏🏾

We’ve got so many boxes and stuff lying round the house. I got too excited when the pram arrived and built it and now we just have a full pram in the living room cause his room is currently being decorated. Only 3 and a half months to go. Not too keen or anything..
What pram set have you gone for?
What are your nursery plans? :)

Guys for fun does anyone want to guess the sex from my 12 week scan pic? I am 22 weeks now but never found out and having so much fun with old wives tales etc. I read up on the nub theory and skull theory etc....its entertaining if nothing else 🤪

This is such a lovely post and so so true.
Im guessing boy. Is this your first baby? 😊

Have my first official scan at the maternity today (at 14 weeks🙄) Jesus I had the worst bout of constipation last light and spent 2 hours on the toilet (thank god for tiktok) and got up for a pee about 10 times 🥴🤣 please say it gets better 🙏🏾
It gets better. Maybe speak to your doctor if you feel you need meds ot extra help 😊

So nice to read everyone else’s thoughts about pregnancy too. Our baby is so wanted and I’m so excited for them to be here but I’m not particularly enjoying being pregnant. My skin is absolutely awful which is making me feel tit, I’m exhausted a lot of the time, my back hurts and I’m very conscious of the changes to my body. There’s also the constant worry that never seems to go away (current one is should I have felt the baby move by now). Women should be able to discuss this openly without feeling guilty/ungrateful - which is why I love this thread!
Same @Lulu Goss - all these preggo influencers make out that theyve been feeling baby move since conception 😂 im still trying to work out what a 'movement is' 😊

I have right hip, ankle and general leg diacomfort when i sleep, so my sleep has been a bit pants lately. Ice been generally feeling exhausted for weeks (lasts all day haha). I walk alot to keep my body moving, then get lower back pain. Sometimes you just have to take it easy. Ask for help, tell people (work, family etc) what you need and occasionally just have a messy house.You know what, were all in it together. To have this locely space to connect, moan, rant and share is wonderful. Our bodies are all doing the most incredible and intense thing they will ever do. Kudos to them! 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Guys for fun does anyone want to guess the sex from my 12 week scan pic? I am 22 weeks now but never found out and having so much fun with old wives tales etc. I read up on the nub theory and skull theory etc....its entertaining if nothing else 🤪

This is such a lovely post and so so true.
I think boy going by skull theory!

Reactions: 1
Our travel system came on Saturday in FIVE separate boxes! We’re currently decorating too so the whole downstairs looks like a warehouse at the moment 😂
Exciting. What travel set are you going for?
Im looking for an icandy lime phantom second hand currently. Itll be perfect for us 😁

What pram set have you gone for?
What are your nursery plans? :)
We’ve gone got the Nuna mixx pushchair and carrycot. Really easy to use.

Nursery plans we’re going quite simple but the theme is like woodland / explorer / Scandinavian style. I’ll put pictures on when we’re done :)

You had a look at any prams or anything yet?

Reactions: 4
I’m nearly 38 weeks and have had only had a couple of conversations about my birth plan with my midwife, with some slight guidance! I’d really recommend looking at some free online courses/maybe in person ones will be running soon. I did a free baby care course with The Baby Academy UK and they do some paid for antenatal ones. My hospital also have some free YouTube videos which were helpful too 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone else has dealt with severe immobilising back pain? I’m 12 weeks and this isn’t my first pregnancy, but never had back pain like this before. I have no bump and the first pregnancy I didn’t know about until my waters broke so never really had any symptoms previously.

• Wow
I’m nearly 38 weeks and have had only had a couple of conversations about my birth plan with my midwife, with some slight guidance! I’d really recommend looking at some free online courses/maybe in person ones will be running soon. I did a free baby care course with The Baby Academy UK and they do some paid for antenatal ones. My hospital also have some free YouTube videos which were helpful too 😊
Morning, thank you for letting me know. Ooh 38 weeks not long to go now 😊
I’ve booked in a 6 week (3 hours per session 😳) zoom course with NCT so hopefully they’ll be good, really looking forward to them.

We’ve gone got the Nuna mixx pushchair and carrycot. Really easy to use.

Nursery plans we’re going quite simple but the theme is like woodland / explorer / Scandinavian style. I’ll put pictures on when we’re done :)

You had a look at any prams or anything yet?
Yes im looking for the icandy lime phantom on the second hand market 😊 my partners folks have kindly offered to get our pram for us, so im trying to find a good deal.

I like the idea of a whimsical, travel themed nursery with some paddington bear and winnie the pooh 🐻😊

Id love to see pics of youra. We wont be able to start ours until my mat leave in aug

Rant -

Why are maternity dresses all right fitting ones right now!
Its hot. Its coming up to summer. I don't want skin tight dresses i want cute floaty ones.
Especially when baby boy has brought with him a heck load of back fat so bodycon is an absolute no

Reactions: 3
Rant -

Its hot. Its coming up to summer. I don't want skin tight dresses i want cute floaty ones.
Especially when baby boy has brought with him a heck load of back fat so bodycon is an absolute no
Try jojo mamam and bebe. They have an outlet section on their website with lovely floaty dresses 😊

Rant -

It's bloomin' minefield out there, I wouldn't wear that stuff even when I wasn't preggers!

I managed to find some that come in under the boob then float out on Tu and New Look, if thats the stuff you're looking for?

Not too expensive either and will do afterwards :)

Quite a lot of regular non maternity dresses seem floaty this year, I was looking at a couple on ASOS and Boohoo. Haven’t ordered yet but I’ve definitely got some in that style from previous years that should see me through until I get a big bump. I also got a couple of nice loose holiday style maxi dresses from Zara. I’m the same not in to body con, lovely if you’re a toned size 10 with a nice neat bump stuck on the front but not for me! I have enough other jiggly bits I want to disguise as it is.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.