Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ladies, in what weeks did you start showing? I’m 14 weeks and I’ve not a hint of a bump 😭🤣

Reactions: 4
Ladies, in what weeks did you start showing? I’m 14 weeks and I’ve not a hint of a bump 😭🤣
I would say I didn’t get a small noticeable one until 18/19 I am now looking more plump but I’m carrying all at the front. My stomach just looked a little bloated until this point I have a flat stomach usually x

Reactions: 3
I am 17 weeks 4 days and if I wear jeans you can’t see any bump, only if I wear leggings and a bra can you notice it.

Reactions: 1
I’m 30 weeks today and my bump is still so small that some people who I see everyday in the office don’t even know I’m pregnant 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think I started properly showing around 25 weeks onwards. I'm now 30 weeks and bump has grown very quickly in the last few weeks. It's like my brain can't even keep up, like if I catch sight of myself in the full length mirror during the day I'm always momentarily shocked at how pregnant I look, even if I only looked in the mirror that morning 😂

Reactions: 8
Anyone any tips for morning sickness seems to hit at the same time in the afternoon everyday for a hour or 2 🤢😅 I’m 14 weeks so hoping it eases soon

• Sad
Anyone any tips for morning sickness seems to hit at the same time in the afternoon everyday for a hour or 2 🤢😅 I’m 14 weeks so hoping it eases soon
I've been suffering bad. The only thing that takes an edge off is sipping really cold water and sucking on boiled sweets (I found some butter gingers that are similar to Murray mints but ginger flavour)

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I always found nibbling a raw carrot helped a little - there were a lot of days where all I’d eat was a carrot like a little vomiting reindeer 😂

• Haha
I found eating small and often really helped me. I could only manage plain food like crackers though. Also it’s probably not midwife recommended but a bottle of lucozade original saved me most days

I’m 18 weeks now and I’ve got a little bump. It could pass for being bloated/just eating a lot at times though! I don’t really look pregnant in most stuff I wear, it’s only really noticeable in a tight t shirt or when I’m in my underwear!

I lived off of ready salted crisps when I was suffering at the start. I also found ice lollies helped (just those cheapie rocket ones) as it was better than just drinking water and actually had a bit of flavour!

If you can get a hold of irn bru in a can thats freezing that was my only saviour 😂 or as someone else suggested lucozade original ice cold aswell. Found that once I had that I could nibble on food

I found eating small and often really helped me. I could only manage plain food like crackers though. Also it’s probably not midwife recommended but a bottle of lucozade original saved me most days
I was the exact same, ice cold lucosade in a glass with ice 😂 and crackers, love the snack packs of Tuc! Thankfully over the past week my nausea seems to be gone, for now at least!

Reactions: 1
I’m not nauseous but I don’t feel great. The other morning my son got out of my bed late after watching TV before we went to work (typical lazy ass toddler on a non preschool day) so I didn’t have time to make the bed, and when I got home and remembered that it wasn’t made and I had to get into an unmade bed (like the corner was pulled back) I was like 🤢
I had to strip it and wash it at 5pm and dry it before I’d get into bed

never had that before😂😂

• Haha
I've been suffering bad. The only thing that takes an edge off is sipping really cold water and sucking on boiled sweets (I found some butter gingers that are similar to Murray mints but ginger flavour)
Waitrose or m &s ginger shots got me through it so much and the odd yoghurt or apple. I was only physically sick once but I felt constantly sick ginger shots really really helped me. I’m sorry it is so bad for you I couldn’t go food shopping or look at food some days I couldn’t sit up take it easy and don’t over exert yourself because the sickness part is just not nice xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Try and have something to eat. Just something dry that’ll line your stomach, whatever you can manage.

Talking about friends overstepping boundaries

I have a friend that keeps calling the baby "our baby" as in, she's part of the parenting or something
Shell say things like "were having a boy"
Like... that's not normal right?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

I have a friend that keeps calling the baby "our baby" as in, she's part of the parenting or something
No it’s bleeping weird 🧐🧐 I would let it slide a few times then probably correct her

People are weird and annoying.

MIL kept asking "how's my little foetus?" I stopped responding to her, I think she got the point and just speaks to my partner now. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.