Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
anyone want to give experience/thought process on getting an early private scan at 7 weeks vs waiting? would love to hear opinions on why you did/didnt?
Hey I didn’t have an early private scan but I had a very early nhs one and I could see the heart beat and my little shrimp on the screen I was around 6 weeks and I didn’t have a transvaginal scan it was a ultrasound so I was surprised to see so much. I also had a private scan at 17 weeks and it was my best experience like amazing 🤩 x

Reactions: 2
I’d only go for an early scan if you’re very very sure of dates! I went at 5w4d (I would have said I was at least a week further on) and they couldn’t see anything at all. Cue a very anxious emotional two days, being told to expect the worst and then eventually going for management at the EPU and then finding a heartbeat at exactly 6w! My husband did remark if we weren’t under private care and been seen so early we would have saved ourselves a LOT of upset and anxiety.

I’m not sure if there’s some kind of placebo effect knowing I’m in the second trimester as of today but I feel completely normal today and I’ve got a bit more energy. Praying it lasts! One of my apps says baby is now the size of a duckling which is just so cute I cannot deal! 🐣

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
anyone want to give experience/thought process on getting an early private scan at 7 weeks vs waiting? would love to hear opinions on why you did/didnt?
I had one at 9+1, because I had been bleeding a little and I knew the 12 week scan I had to go in alone, I couldn’t face being told bad news being in the room all alone, I’m sorry if that sounds awful to some of you. Il attach a picture of the scan so you can see how clear it is.. everything was ok! And I had the NHS 12 week scan Monday, everything is still ok. Obviously the baby is a lot bigger than the first scan, but it was the reassurance I needed.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I had an early scan at 8 weeks, I found it great for the reassurance. My husband said it made the pregnancy seem a bit more “real” to him. As obviously he had only seen the positive test. Not sure where you are based but in London window to the womb early scans are £49 which I didn’t think was that bad compared to other places I had looked up.
Edited to add we got to see the heart beats on screen although they did look like blobs it was so amazing to see the teeny tiny heart flickering away. We found it really emotional (in a good way)

Reactions: 6
Just on the way up the country for my private NT scan 🥴 what’s the odds of them being able to tell the gender? I’m 14 weeks 🤣

I had an early scan at 7 weeks but was dated 6 weeks 5 days. To be honest we couldn’t see too much. Ive added a photo of the scan photo. It was an abdominal scan though so I know if it’s internal it’d be a lot clearer. It was more of a reassurance thing for us as I’ve had quite a few losses and with this pregnancy a lot of one sided pain which I thought was ectopic so wanted to make sure it was all in the right place. It was lovely to see the tiny heartbeat flickering away though and to hear it.

Attachments

I’d only go for an early scan if you’re very very sure of dates! I went at 5w4d (I would have said I was at least a week further on) and they couldn’t see anything at all. Cue a very anxious emotional two days, being told to expect the worst and then eventually going for management at the EPU and then finding a heartbeat at exactly 6w! My husband did remark if we weren’t under private care and been seen so early we would have saved ourselves a LOT of upset and anxiety.

I’m not sure if there’s some kind of placebo effect knowing I’m in the second trimester as of today but I feel completely normal today and I’ve got a bit more energy. Praying it lasts! One of my apps says baby is now the size of a duckling which is just so cute I cannot deal! 🐣
I have this app too! It’s so good, I love the weekly updates and that you can click on the ruler and it shows the baby at the actual size! This week (11) baby is a hummingbird 😍

Reactions: 3
Haha @wakametango ruddy blocked nostrils.
We all hope to be chilled hey.
My friend who had a baby a few months back says she still cries randomly
Just to clarify I definitely called the people mean to you twats! Not tests
It’s the weekend so hopefully you can slow down a bit and get the things you need sorted x

I had one at 7 weeks and really glad I did. It made it feel more “real” and my boyfriend said the same too. Baby itself was just a blob but we saw the heartbeat flickering away. Felt like such a long wait until 12 weeks but I understand why people do!

When is your NHS scan booked in for? Mine’s on Thursday!

I was feeling similar to you but we had a private scan last Sunday and baby was so wriggly it really put our minds at ease and we’ve started telling more close friends and family. Hopefully you’ll be able to breathe a bit after your scan and start getting excited ❤
My scan is a week on Monday so not too much longer! I’m sure everything is fine but after a few m/c it’s made me soo cautious but I have a toddler already so I know my body can do this! @imaginedragon83

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think it’s a very tough choice but I had one at 8+2 with my son and 7w this pregnancy - I had pains and just wanted to be reassured baby was in the correct place and I was dated forward a bit.

I think for early scans, 8ish is ideal then if your dates are out like others have mentioned then you’ve got a little bit of leeway.

We’ll have another scan in about a week and a half as my husband didn’t come to the one last week and I think he’d like to come and make it ‘real’

I feel those who’ve had a tit week! I’ve had a shocker with close family in hospital and feel so drained and down about it. Some weeks are just not the one ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Good luck! We’ve been so lax with booking ours 😫 can’t wait to see her mashed potato to face either 😂
Haha when are you going to book yours for? I'm not sure I would of booked one if the scan place wasn't looking for training volunteers. my son's was absolutely rubbish, I think I booked his to late could hardly see anything! X

Has anyone seen the hd scans rather than the 4d they give an even better picture than 4d I believe not much lasagne. X

Haha when are you going to book yours for? I'm not sure I would of booked one if the scan place wasn't looking for training volunteers. my son's was absolutely rubbish, I think I booked his to late could hardly see anything! X
Erm I’m 24 weeks today and the guy at the last private place said 26-28 weeks (I think) was the best time so I need to pull my finger out tbh 😫 oh no that must have been why he gave me those specific weeks! Eeeek x

Reactions: 1
Erm I’m 24 weeks today and the guy at the last private place said 26-28 weeks (I think) was the best time so I need to pull my finger out tbh 😫 oh no that must have been why he gave me those specific weeks! Eeeek x
I don’t get how we don’t have the same due date 🤷🏽‍♀️ I am also 24 weeks today I think x

Reactions: 1
I think it’s a very tough choice but I had one at 8+2 with my son and 7w this pregnancy - I had pains and just wanted to be reassured baby was in the correct place and I was dated forward a bit.

I think for early scans, 8ish is ideal then if your dates are out like others have mentioned then you’ve got a little bit of leeway.

We’ll have another scan in about a week and a half as my husband didn’t come to the one last week and I think he’d like to come and make it ‘real’

I feel those who’ve had a tit week! I’ve had a shocker with close family in hospital and feel so drained and down about it. Some weeks are just not the one ❤
Sending love to you ❤ Hope everything is as ok as it can be xxx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.