Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had my 16 week midwife appointment today. A bit miffed really. She didn't realise I was pregnant with twins until the end, almost let me hear the heartbeats with the doppler till I questioned her if she should with it being multiples and then she announced I won't need my 24 week midwife check because I have two back to back consultant appointments 🤯. So I need to do some digging on that one. Then when she asked about movements & explained RFM to me I asked about the protocol for twins as I expect its somewhat different to a single baby and she had to Google the answer. Filled me with reassurance that did😂.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Had my 16 week midwife appointment today. A bit miffed really. She didn't realise I was pregnant with twins until the end, almost let me hear the heartbeats with the doppler till I questioned her if she should with it being multiples and then she announced I won't need my 24 week midwife check because I have two back to back consultant appointments 🤯. So I need to do some digging on that one. Then when she asked about movements & explained RFM to me I asked about the protocol for twins as I expect its somewhat different to a single baby and she had to Google the answer. Filled me with reassurance that did😂.
Oh Christ that sounds like an experience 🙈 I think you still need your midwife appointments regardless of the consultant? And I would think even more so if you are a FTM with twins? Xx

Reactions: 3
What a palaver, had a midwife appointment today, she asked me to double check and ring the hospital to make sure I've been referred to the Birth Centre at the hospital. I rang, midwife from a couple weeks ago didn’t refer me... Woman on the phone was like 'don't worry, I'm sure you can still give birth here'. Well I'm not gonna give birth anywhere else am I? I’m due in 2 days. 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh Christ that sounds like an experience 🙈 I think you still need your midwife appointments regardless of the consultant? And I would think even more so if you are a FTM with twins? Xx
That's exactly what I thought. She didn't seem to want to stick around tbh she left the room before I did. No I've got a 9 year old so thankfully it's not my first pregnancy, but it's my first multiple birth and the only other people I can go to for advice are my elderly relatives who've had twins so their advice is naturally different to today's guidelines. Thankfully I have a consultant appointment on Monday so I'm gonna get him to make sure that I don't miss midwife appointments just because I'm seeing three different consultants! X

Reactions: 4
Ah it’s so annoying isn’t it! And yess I’ve had some insoles before but they were the same and completely destroyed all my shoes! Bought some super cushioned running trainers but they haven’t really helped. Not sure if this is just one of those ‘put up with it’ things or whether there’s actually anything which can be done :(
Amazon product
This is the kind of thing I got which did help a bit. I felt it worst in my arch althou I know it can be bad in the heel too

Reactions: 1
That's exactly what I thought. She didn't seem to want to stick around tbh she left the room before I did. No I've got a 9 year old so thankfully it's not my first pregnancy, but it's my first multiple birth and the only other people I can go to for advice are my elderly relatives who've had twins so their advice is naturally different to today's guidelines. Thankfully I have a consultant appointment on Monday so I'm gonna get him to make sure that I don't miss midwife appointments just because I'm seeing three different consultants! X
Ahh sorry didn't realise you already had a child my bad! But yeh even with twins you should.probably be seen the same amount of times as a first time mum as I'm guessing there are more checks with twins? Seems like she's a crap midwife will you see the same one all the way through or do they swap and change? Xx

Ahh sorry didn't realise you already had a child my bad! But yeh even with twins you should.probably be seen the same amount of times as a first time mum as I'm guessing there are more checks with twins? Seems like she's a crap midwife will you see the same one all the way through or do they swap and change? Xx
Thankfully the consultant has already got all my growth scans booked in so I'm covered there just need to make sure my midwife care is up to the same scratch. No they change every appointment unfortunately as I elected to give birth at a different trust so all my midwife apps are at the hospital fingers crossed the next one is of more use! X

Reactions: 2
That’s really bad! I was assigned a twins and multiples midwife at my booking appointment! Hopefully you will get someone a bit more knowledgeable next time

Although she wasn’t mean about it, my Dr kinda gave the impression it was a done deal I’d have gestational diabetes and organised a really early test for it ,because I’m ‘old’ and fall into the overweight category, I know it’s important to check but I felt a bit insulted. I’m slightly smug I don’t have it now, although won’t be surprised if I have to test again in a few weeks 😫

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I don't think you have a 24 week appointment if it's not your first

Seemingly they only offer the 20 week anomaly scan for people with family history or high risk at my maternity hospital 🙄 just as well I have a private scan booked

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I don't think you have a 24 week appointment if it's not your first
You don’t in our trust and if it is your first it’s still a telephone appt. First face to face with midwife after booking bloods is 28weeks.
ECF8869A-1F63-4127-828F-308D30803BB9.jpeg

Seemingly they only offer the 20 week anomaly scan for people with family history or high risk at my maternity hospital 🙄 just as well I have a private scan booked
This shouldn’t be the case if you’re under the NHS where you are.

Well I’ve just done a test and it was negative... thanks for the advice though 🥰, I’m glad I know either way. Now I’ve got a lovely period to look forward to ... at some point!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think you need to push back on this because everyone is entitled to the scan, regardless of risk factor and that’s not good enough service from them!

Reactions: 7
I think you need to push back on this because everyone is entitled to the scan, regardless of risk factor and that’s not good enough service from them!
They are an actual shambles here 🙄 where I live in Ireland there is only one maternity hospital that caters for the Midwest region and that is their policy in regards to the anomaly scan🥴 I have booked additional scans privately elsewhere so my husband can attend. They refer to husbands/partners as “visitors” and it doesn’t sit well with me!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
They are an actual shambles here 🙄 where I live in Ireland there is only one maternity hospital that caters for the Midwest region and that is their policy in regards to the anomaly scan🥴 I have booked additional scans privately elsewhere so my husband can attend. They refer to husbands/partners as “visitors” and it doesn’t sit well with me!
That’s awful, I’m genuinely shocked by that 😔 completely agree, partners/husbands are not visitors! Makes me so sad for them being treated like they’re not part of the process!

Reactions: 3
Are any of you guys a bit swollen down below?! Not sore or anything just not the prettiest 😂 29 weeks if that makes a difference

Are any of you guys a bit swollen down below?! Not sore or anything just not the prettiest 😂 29 weeks if that makes a difference
I'm not swollen but everything looks a LOT darker (I'm dark skinned), same with my underarms 😳

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.