Pregnancy #9 we love carbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone found that you looked like you had a "bump" rather early on... Then a few weeks later the bloating goes away and so does the "bump"??

Around 11-13 weeks, I was looking proper round. But now at almost 16 weeks, my belly is looking almost flat again :(

I know it's probably normal but it's bringing back some creeping anxiety and I want to shoo it away before it ruins my week 🙄😅
You've explained it with the first part with it probably being bloat 😊
It's very common to be bloated to start with and then it go down.

If it reassures you, it going down or whatever won't mean anything has happened, it wouldn't go down because baby would still be there 😊

Reactions: 3
I know there were a few other people struggling with pregnancy acne. I had a GP appointment this morning and he said it’s all caused by hormones and although they can’t prescribe most of the medications they normally would, using a cream with benzoyl peroxide in should help to calm it down. He didn’t give me a prescription as you can get it over the counter, and he suggested speaking to a pharmacist as they might be able to suggest a specific one. Google shows there are lots of them to choose from though.

My skins really been bothering me over the past couple of months though so I’m hoping this helps!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I woke up T half 4 didn’t go back to sleep then went for the whooping cough vaccine feel exhausted also not sleeping well turning round all night ☹ I think it’s time for me to make my strawberry smoothie which is just everything! Ps my little girl is the size of a furby this week if anyone remembers them 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I woke up T half 4 didn’t go back to sleep then went for the whooping cough vaccine feel exhausted also not sleeping well turning round all night ☹ I think it’s time for me to make my strawberry smoothie which is just everything! Ps my little girl is the size of a furby this week if anyone remembers them 🥰
That’s funny I was awake at half 4 for ages last night aswell. Really struggling with sleep at the moment. I also had a strawberry smoothie this morning too lol. Got my whooping cough jab on Thursday, how was it?

Also I used to lock my furby in the cupboard I was so scared of it. It never shut up I could just hear it in there going yummmm yummmm creepy fucker lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That’s funny I was awake at half 4 for ages last night aswell. Really struggling with sleep at the moment. I also had a strawberry smoothie this morning too lol. Got my whooping cough jab on Thursday, how was it?

Also I used to lock my furby in the cupboard I was so scared of it. It never shut up I could just hear it in there going yummmm yummmm creepy fucker lol
Hahahah furby comment made me chuckle😂😂 those things were creepy weren't they!!

Hahahah furby comment made me chuckle😂😂 those things were creepy weren't they!!
I never actually had one because I was terrified of them they were ridiculously creepy like their eyes watched you 🤣🤣 @Kitt the injection was ok I am not bothered in them however my arm aches and my tiredness has accelerated 🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m sorry you have been up as long as me my eyes bags are already looking dark the strange rash I had has finally gone so swings and roundabouts. Does your little boy move about a lot now? Random but if anyone is looking for an excellent wireless bra the Victoria secret wireless bra is amazing goes up to F cup I know k no or useful for everyone but it’s revolutionary so I bought three x

Reactions: 4
What should of been a 15 minute appointment with the obstetric haematologist turned into a 4 hour appointment a iron infusion and a telling off for not taking it easier 😣 I coulda fell asleep in the waiting room

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
What do we all think about the hugging etc from may 17th? How do I get out of hugging my in laws 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Haha me too. I've enjoyed having them at more than arms length

I never actually had one because I was terrified of them they were ridiculously creepy like their eyes watched you 🤣🤣 @Kitt the injection was ok I am not bothered in them however my arm aches and my tiredness has accelerated 🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m sorry you have been up as long as me my eyes bags are already looking dark the strange rash I had has finally gone so swings and roundabouts. Does your little boy move about a lot now? Random but if anyone is looking for an excellent wireless bra the Victoria secret wireless bra is amazing goes up to F cup I know k no or useful for everyone but it’s revolutionary so I bought three x
Oh I must have a look. Do they give good support?
Anyone who has had a water birth before what did u wear? My last birth I was in the birthing pool til they realised he was stuck then they midwife made me get out and took my bra off cos it was wet and she didn't want me freezing...by the time the Dr came in I was starkers and I didn't care anymore about the lady area but having EVERYTHING exposed made me cringe 😂😂😂thankfully another midwife covered my top half

Reactions: 2
Haha me too. I've enjoyed having them at more than arms length

Oh I must have a look. Do they give good support?
Anyone who has had a water birth before what did u wear? My last birth I was in the birthing pool til they realised he was stuck then they midwife made me get out and took my bra off cos it was wet and she didn't want me freezing...by the time the Dr came in I was starkers and I didn't care anymore about the lady area but having EVERYTHING exposed made me cringe 😂😂😂thankfully another midwife covered my top half
I find it so comfortable and gives me a fantastic cleavage I also bought some strap extenders for if I get bigger honestly so good I went back and bought two more I was wearing such unsupportive bra before but I can cope with it all day. I am interested in water birth when do you discuss this xx

I find it so comfortable and gives me a fantastic cleavage I also bought some strap extenders for if I get bigger honestly so good I went back and bought two more I was wearing such unsupportive bra before but I can cope with it all day. I am interested in water birth when do you discuss this xx
I honestly can't remember when the water birth got discussed. We are incredibly lucky that the hospital I go to has no wards at all, only en suite individual rooms for each mother. There are 2 of them that have pools (we stay in our own room throughout labour and delivery which is fantastic), so you can request this before hand but if both rooms with pools are in use when you arrive then you don't have access. So after i had my baby I did move to a new room only to allow another mum access to the pool once cleaned.

I honestly can't remember when the water birth got discussed. We are incredibly lucky that the hospital I go to has no wards at all, only en suite individual rooms for each mother. There are 2 of them that have pools (we stay in our own room throughout labour and delivery which is fantastic), so you can request this before hand but if both rooms with pools are in use when you arrive then you don't have access. So after i had my baby I did move to a new room only to allow another mum access to the pool once cleaned.
This sounds great you are super lucky I would have found it odd just being naked in a pool too so it’s good she covered you back up apparently I have to pay for this privilege to have the same room however the care I’ve received so far I can imagine turning up in labour and being put in a cleaning cupboard.

• Sad
This sounds great you are super lucky I would have found it odd just being naked in a pool too so it’s good she covered you back up apparently I have to pay for this privilege to have the same room however the care I’ve received so far I can imagine turning up in labour and being put in a cleaning cupboard.
Are you in UK? We are so so lucky, but the only downside is that I am around half hour drive from the hospital...this is taken into account by the midwives when you call when in labour. My first child, my waters broke first so I was already admitted before the contractions started but I'm nervous if I have to do the journey whilst having contractions this time!!

Are you in UK? We are so so lucky, but the only downside is that I am around half hour drive from the hospital...this is taken into account by the midwives when you call when in labour. My first child, my waters broke first so I was already admitted before the contractions started but I'm nervous if I have to do the journey whilst having contractions this time!!
Yes I’m in the Uk a lot of people have had great care but even the lady doing my injection today said it hasn’t been the best interaction for a lot of women and it’s probably not just down to covid. I am also about 40 minutes from
The hospital I am just praying there is not a third wave in September when I am due because my partner will be climbing up drain pipes and through windows I can see it now ‘ man arrested trying to be with partner for birth’ x

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My aches are getting worse. What does round ligament pain feel like? At work I’ve developed a ache / stitch like feeling in my right hand side in the middle 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Yes I’m in the Uk a lot of people have had great care but even the lady doing my injection today said it hasn’t been the best interaction for a lot of women and it’s probably not just down to covid. I am also about 40 minutes from
The hospital I am just praying there is not a third wave in September when I am due because my partner will be climbing up drain pipes and through windows I can see it now ‘ man arrested trying to be with partner for birth’ x
I really am hoping the same, I don't want to have the added stress of a covid outbreak...hats off to any ladies who give birth last year!

Had a private early reassurance scan on Saturday and got to see my little bean and hear it's heartbeat! Definitely cried a bit when they played it. Then Sunday we told immediate family so lots of (happy) tears there too.

Then this morning the midwife called me (at 8.02am :oops:) to offer me my first appointments! Got a telephone appointment on Wednesday when I'll be 8 weeks, and an in-person one next week. I'm assuming they've just split the normal booking appointment into two slots for some reason.

Nervous but excited, it all seems very real now!
We are pretty much at the exact same point! I have my booking appointment on Thursday at 8 weeks! 😊😊 but mine is in person

Couldn’t resist another private scan yesterday at 10 weeks 5 days and so glad I did as my husband can’t make it to the nhs scans due to working away. Baby didn’t even have arms and legs in the first scan and now they’re VERY active - kicking and punching the air and sliding around everywhere. Was so incredible to see! We only really booked it to check that the bleed they saw on the first scan had reabsorbed, didn’t expect an acrobatic show at all! Feeling much more confident about telling people now. Our babies are amazing aren’t they! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@calmyourritas I'm 8 weeks on Thursday are we the same?!

@DaisyDaisy87 how lovely! I went alone to my private scan last night and they offered money off if we book before 16w so I’m tempted to book on for 9/10 weeks so my husband can come and see. Sounds like 10weeks would be ideal or near!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.