Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our little one was born last night at 40+4, I had a sweep at 10.30am and baby girl arrived practically 12 hours later surrounded by 4 paramedics and the midwife who had arrived for our home birth after I delivered the head 🤪
It only started at about 8.30/8.45 as I thought it was just cramping and braxton hicks from sweep. Until it wasn’t 🤪 A truly wild/surreal experience but so glad she’s here safe and sound.
Her big sister was super surprised this morning and them meeting was magical ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Our little one was born last night at 40+4, I had a sweep at 10.30am and baby girl arrived practically 12 hours later surrounded by 4 paramedics and the midwife who had arrived for our home birth after I delivered the head 🤪
It only started at about 8.30/8.45 as I thought it was just cramping and braxton hicks from sweep. Until it wasn’t 🤪 A truly wild/surreal experience but so glad she’s here safe and sound.
Congratulations! ❤

A belly band! Helps a little bit. I spoke to my midwife and she managed to get me one free from the hospital somehow rather than paying for one. Sit with your legs closed rather than apart because I find sitting with them apart brings on the pain more when I try and get up. There’s some exercises on youtube that help too. I found the Dr and midwife a bit rubbish when I went to them with mine, they were just ‘oh it’s one of those pregnancy things. wait for the physio’ Sometimes when mine is that bad I can’t move, my fella lent the spare zimmer frame from his Nan and when it’s really bad I use that to get round the house 😭 I’m only 28 😂
Ye they gave me a belly band but I've not tried it yet so will definitely try that now.

Last time at physio they mentioned crutches so feel it might head that way for me. I feel pathetic waddling around in so much pain. I was fine up until about 3 days ago. I'm 32 weeks now.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
The PGP has started bad for me!!!

I am already with physio because I have EDS/hypermobility. But my next appointment isn't for a few weeks.

I am struggling to walk it's been that bad. Is there any point you should be concerned? Is it best to talk to Dr or midwife?

Any tips for managing it?
I’m waiting for my first physio appointment which is in a couple of weeks and I’m seeing the midwife this week so I’m hoping she’ll be able to get me a belly bad, she said she should be able to. If not I’ll find one on Amazon. I’ve found sitting down when I get dressed/undressed really helps. Also I lostened to what watermelon said about sitting with legs closed and that’s helped me a lot!

It’s awful though this is defo the worst pregnancy symptom I’ve had, I’d rather the morning sickness again than the constant pain 😅
---
Congratulations ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ye they gave me a belly band but I've not tried it yet so will definitely try that now.

Last time at physio they mentioned crutches so feel it might head that way for me. I feel pathetic waddling around in so much pain. I was fine up until about 3 days ago. I'm 32 weeks now.
I’m 33 weeks and have been bad since 20 weeks, it’s the getting up from sitting down that’s the worst for me that’s why I use the zimmer at home. If i’m out i have to really big myself up to get up and make sure i’m next to something I can hold on to to support me getting up

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi, did any of you conceive whilst you were drunk? Does it affect the baby in any way? 😞
I highly doubt it has any impact… my mother always says how guilty she felt as she was going out and drinking when pregnant with me and she didn’t know! I turned out to be a perfectly normal functional member of society 😆

Congratulations 💕

The PGP has started bad for me!!!

I am already with physio because I have EDS/hypermobility. But my next appointment isn't for a few weeks.

I am struggling to walk it's been that bad. Is there any point you should be concerned? Is it best to talk to Dr or midwife?

Any tips for managing it?
I have EDS/hypermobility too. No advice unfortunately, I was completely unable to walk from 36 weeks as my PGP and hips were so bad. I also couldn’t get any help or physio as we were in lockdown. If you’re under women’s health physio on the NHS contact them and tell them you’re really suffering and need a sooner appointment.

Sitting on a pregnancy ball can really help relieve pressure, also be very aware of your posture when you’re sitting on the sofa etc. Sometimes a belly band can help but I find mine gives me braxton hicks 🙃

I’m not sure how you are planning on delivering, but if you have a vaginal birth PLEASE tell them no if at any point they want you to put your legs in stirrups.

my first is a demon, always been a horrendous sleeper 🤣 that’s what convinced me to go for number 2, I’ve managed over 3 and a half years without having a longer stretch of 4 hours consecutive sleep… I told my husband that because I accepted she was a tit sleeper a long time again and I can manage that, number 2 can’t be any worse..

...then came the news that number 2 was actually number 2 AND 3. Some sort of sleep god is laughing at me somewhere 😂
If it helps, BIL’s twins are good sleepers and by 8 weeks were in a good routine where they both slept at the same time etc 😊 they sort of settle each other in their cot at the moment (4.5 months old) and as long as they can touch each other in some way they go back to sleep. So it might not be awful! 😂

Congratulations @dax !!

Thanks for the paint advice 😁 I’ve got the windows open and fans on so should be absolutely fine 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have EDS/hypermobility too. No advice unfortunately, I was completely unable to walk from 36 weeks as my PGP and hips were so bad. I also couldn’t get any help or physio as we were in lockdown. If you’re under women’s health physio on the NHS contact them and tell them you’re really suffering and need a sooner appointment.

Sitting on a pregnancy ball can really help relieve pressure, also be very aware of your posture when you’re sitting on the sofa etc. Sometimes a belly band can help but I find mine gives me braxton hicks 🙃

I’m not sure how you are planning on delivering, but if you have a vaginal birth PLEASE tell them no if at any point they want you to put your legs in stirrups.
Thankyou!
I will definitely give them a call on Monday and see if we can bring it forward.

If I tried my legs in stirrups my hip would pop out 🤣

I just really want to avoid finishing work too early. I WFH so hopefully won't be an issue. But my plan is to work till 38 weeks. But if this is now my everyday I'm not sure I'll cope.

• Heart
Thankyou!
I will definitely give them a call on Monday and see if we can bring it forward.

If I tried my legs in stirrups my hip would pop out 🤣

I just really want to avoid finishing work too early. I WFH so hopefully won't be an issue. But my plan is to work till 38 weeks. But if this is now my everyday I'm not sure I'll cope.
yeah, that’s basically what happened to me 🤣 it was worse than any contraction pain! They suggested it because I’d been pushing for 2 hours and wanted to try it as a last resort. It was horrendous 🤪

it’s so difficult, but it’s good you WFH and aren’t on your feet all day. I find it helps if I don’t sit or stay in the same position for too long! At my last physio appointment they noticed one of my hips was higher than the other and with a bit of massage and re-adjustment I found it really helped alleviate some of my pain.

Congratulations! ❤❤

@raspberryjuice I’ve joined 2 May due date groups on FB, just having a scroll through and a lot of the posts are people saying they think labour is close and it’s only a few weeks blah blah, now I’m scared 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
@raspberryjuice I’ve joined 2 May due date groups on FB, just having a scroll through and a lot of the posts are people saying they think labour is close and it’s only a few weeks blah blah, now I’m scared 🤣
It’s scary isn’t it! There’s people on mine being induced next week and I think about 8 babies already born! It’s making me panic a bit about getting everything ready 😅 even though we’re almost there anyway now I’m like I can’t rest until I’m completely sorted 🤣

• Haha
It’s scary isn’t it! There’s people on mine being induced next week and I think about 8 babies already born! It’s making me panic a bit about getting everything ready 😅 even though we’re almost there anyway now I’m like I can’t rest until I’m completely sorted 🤣
When is your actual due date? Mine is the 30th May so I’m right at the end. Everyone on that group is like ‘i’m pooing so much is this my body getting ready’ and I’m like 😱 I’m pooing so much too 😳 (sorry tmi but we’re all pregnant here aren’t we 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When is your actual due date? Mine is the 30th May so I’m right at the end. Everyone on that group is like ‘i’m pooing so much is this my body getting ready’ and I’m like 😱 I’m pooing so much too 😳 (sorry tmi but we’re all pregnant here aren’t we 🤣)
15th is my due date and same! 😂 but my midwife said it’s pressure from the baby and not necessarily a sign he’s on his way. She said I’d know if it was pre-labour poo cuz it wouldn’t stop so there’s that to look forward to 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Pre labour poo? I honestly do not want to give birth more by the day. I’m ok if he just wants to live inside me forever

• Haha
Reactions: 9
All the pain and poo talk deffo makes me happy I didn't go into labour with my first, I don't think I could cope 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.