Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So is mine lol. Gonna start buying the big stuff once we've seen for sure she's OK and not to sound clinical/cold but viable.
So is mine! We bought the Tommy Tippee UV Sterilise and Dry fridge yesterday. £99 down from £150 at Mamas and Papas. That’s our first big ticket item

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So is mine! We bought the Tommy Tippee UV Sterilise and Dry fridge yesterday. £99 down from £150 at Mamas and Papas. That’s our first big ticket item
Our main big buy is the pram as my 4 Yr old has a physical disability (mild in the grand scheme of things) so still needs to be in pram. Was gonna get the icandy double pram but that will only take his weight as a single. So bugaboo donkey duo it is. Also wanna get the same baby chair I got my last one. Rocks em vibrates and all sorts. £140+ but worth it lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How do people work and go through pregnancy? I wouldn't even say my symptoms are terrible but I feel so tired and have such bad brain fog. My job requires a lot of attention to detail and analytical thinking. I don't know how I'm going to get through the upcoming months without messing something up really badly!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
How do people work and go through pregnancy? I wouldn't even say my symptoms are terrible but I feel so tired and have such bad brain fog. My job requires a lot of attention to detail and analytical thinking. I don't know how I'm going to get through the upcoming months without messing something up really badly!
My job is a bit similar to yours in that is uses a lot of brain power, requires me to be "on the ball" etc if I get something wrong it can mess things up badly. It's not physically demanding but it is really mentally demanding. In the first trimester I found it really difficult because I was just so exhausted and felt like I couldn't function properly but I was just honest with my employer and fortunately they were understanding. A few times now I've handed files to my boss and asked for them to be checked before anything goes out to clients, and just explained I want to make sure I've not missed anything etc. They've been fine. I think as the pregnancy has gone on I've just learned to adapt. When I start feeling like the brain fog is all too much I'll walk away from my desk even if just for 2 or 3 mins to look out the window/make a drink. Working full time in a stressful job whilst being pregnant is absolutely no joke though. It's rough.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I feel this so much, my job requires similar stuff and I'm 28 weeks now and it's deffo a struggle!
Luckily I've just been really open with my manager about everything and I get more time to do my daily tasks and less pressure on the stuff I am doing, someone is always available to check before my stuff goes out to the whole company. So I think it's deffo just a case if having open and honest convos with managers to see what support there is

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m laughing at the shitting during labour,

I got it 3 years ago, there was a lot of things like the maternity pads and breast pads I didn’t use because I had already bought loads myself. I’ll definitely get it this time and just not buy as much stuff. How were the clothes in it? Last time they weren’t great but a few plain white bodysuits I did use.
I found the clothes a little girly this time😂 (I had a boy). They obvs say it’s all unisex. The vests/bodysuits were white so really handy then there was a grey Sleepsuit which will be fine but a couple bits of clothes were purple so more girly but will be fine for at home and I think there was teal coloured dungarees so will be nice for a boy! There were nice little toys too, books, a tummy time thing, teethers, a comforter and the play mat is good

Decided to venture out and do some shopping today and my god the sickness is killing me

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Afternoon guys! Had my scan at the clinic this morning, both babies doing well, strong heartbeats, one still slightly smaller but nobody is worried. Next steps for us now are booking appointment next week and then 12 week scan - it’s all starting to feel a bit real!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Decided to venture out and do some shopping today and my god the sickness is killing me
Are you on any medication for it?

Afternoon guys! Had my scan at the clinic this morning, both babies doing well, strong heartbeats, one still slightly smaller but nobody is worried. Next steps for us now are booking appointment next week and then 12 week scan - it’s all starting to feel a bit real!
Love, love, love this!! ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Anyone else super (over) organised?
I’m 26 weeks and have got most things sorted.

Also, when are people taking mat leave? I’m due 21st July (will find out exact date of section on 2nd May)

It will be the summer holidays up here so I’m planning on doing some activities with my 6yo. I work from home full time so no need to commute. I took 4 weeks before the birth last time and was bored out my chebs!!

Last question, for Scottish mums - are any of you getting the baby box? I got one the last time and the stuff was amazing but heard it’s changed a lot so not sure if it’s going to go to waste.
I got the box for my second baby. The clothes' colours are different but similar styles. There were a couple of books that I don't remember getting with my first but other than that everything was the same. Other than the breast pads, I don't think there was anything we won't use.

Reactions: 1
I keep feeling so big I can’t believe I’ve got another 10 weeks or so to go. Growth scan has just confirmed it, baby is a unit (for my size)
29 weeks and 3.6lb estimated, 97th percentile, fundal height is 2-3 weeks ahead.
I’ve another scan in 3-4 weeks, if they’re still tracking large they’ll do the GD test but I’ve got some urine strips and never shown glucose issues yet.
NGL I’m a bit upset at getting stretch marks this time and scared how immobile and uncomfortable I’ll get considering how I’m already feeling. I was quite small last time so close to my size at 39 weeks already despite gaining less weight. Happy obviously they look healthy and strong already, excited to book a 4D scan and glad to have more info to make the Vbac/c-sec decision easier.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I keep feeling so big I can’t believe I’ve got another 10 weeks or so to go. Growth scan has just confirmed it, baby is a unit (for my size)
29 weeks and 3.6lb estimated, 97th percentile, fundal height is 2-3 weeks ahead.
I’ve another scan in 3-4 weeks, if they’re still tracking large they’ll do the GD test but I’ve got some urine strips and never shown glucose issues yet.
NGL I’m a bit upset at getting stretch marks this time and scared how immobile and uncomfortable I’ll get considering how I’m already feeling. I was quite small last time so close to my size at 39 weeks already despite gaining less weight. Happy obviously they look healthy and strong already, excited to book a 4D scan and glad to have more info to make the Vbac/c-sec decision easier.
I feel you! I’m already bigger than I was full term with my first. I just noticed my first ever stretch marks a few days ago (right next to my belly button, where I’ve been feeling bruised the past few weeks!) …so not even in a “nice” or inconspicuous place 😂 I always thought I wouldn’t be that bothered if I got them, but it has annoyed me more than I’d like to admit because I never had any the first time round!

I’m also really scared how my body is going to get through the next couple of months, I feel like it’s already shutting down 😫

just remember that knowledge is power and that’s the great thing about extra scans x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anyone had a bath in their first trimester? I really want to have a bath, I miss them 😂

I have complained a lot to my husband about the error of my ways being career driven and taking on extra responsibility when now I’d be happy as a stay at home wife not the breadwinner (sadly not even close to a possibility in the south of England) 😂 working through pregnancy is hard! I’ve found at work some people get it and are so helpful and others just do not. I’ve taken time when I’ve needed it and not felt guilty at all, after all we’re growing small humans while trying to function in every day life and work!
---
Anyone had a bath in their first trimester? I really want to have a bath, I miss them 😂
I haven’t stopped having them! I’ve made sure they’re not too hot but to be honest they’ve still been fairly warm. Go for it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Noo but I had some food and some fresh air and that helped quite a bit xx
If it’s affecting you too much please ask for some meds! They can really help so you don’t have to suffer, and they don’t affect baby 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My anxiety just moves from one thing to another I swear. I’ve suddenly become really worried about premature birth as my mum had adenomyosis and all of her children were premature. Her waters broke with my older brother when she was 19 weeks and I’m coming up to that point now. As far as I’m aware, I don’t have adenomyosis, but she didn’t know she did at that point either and I’m so scared I’m destined to the same fate as her, especially after my scare last week ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.