Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you do about family members who mean well buying your baby the most awful things? My stepdad is so excited but he has the worst taste on earth and is addicted to buying absolute tat off of Amazon and Temu. My mum said he’s bought a lot but she doesn’t know what he’s bought and I am just dreading next going round, I don’t think I can even pretend to put on a smile and be happy about whatever he’s bought 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
What do you do about family members who mean well buying your baby the most awful things? My stepdad is so excited but he has the worst taste on earth and is addicted to buying absolute tat off of Amazon and Temu. My mum said he’s bought a lot but she doesn’t know what he’s bought and I am just dreading next going round, I don’t think I can even pretend to put on a smile and be happy about whatever he’s bought 😅
We’ve kept clothes that aren’t our style/look cheap that have been gifted in a separate bag. We’ll just do 1 day of popping them on, taking a pic then binning them 🙈 we’ve binned a couple of bits already they didn’t even make the bag they were that awful - slogan vests etc from temu that are supposed to be funny but just aren’t. For anything else that doesn’t look good quality or we don’t like I’ve kept in the packaging in a box and will conveniently forget to get them out til he’s too big for them.

Would it help to tell your step dad you’ve got loads of stuff ready now and maybe do an Amazon baby list he could buy bits from instead of just buying you stuff you don’t need/already have? Then he can still help out without filling your house with tat at the same time 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We’ve kept clothes that aren’t our style/look cheap that have been gifted in a separate bag. We’ll just do 1 day of popping them on, taking a pic then binning them 🙈 we’ve binned a couple of bits already they didn’t even make the bag they were that awful - slogan vests etc from temu that are supposed to be funny but just aren’t. For anything else that doesn’t look good quality or we don’t like I’ve kept in the packaging in a box and will conveniently forget to get them out til he’s too big for them.

Would it help to tell your step dad you’ve got loads of stuff ready now and maybe do an Amazon baby list he could buy bits from instead of just buying you stuff you don’t need/already have? Then he can still help out without filling your house with tat at the same time 😁
VINTED - what’s not your style will almost certainly be someone’s x

Reactions: 2

This is exactly what I did!

Reactions: 1
Fortunately for me I don't have to face family ordinarily when they send gifts for my little ones. If there's anything I don't like I just send it to either a charity shop or the local shelter.

I wouldn’t mind feeling sick if there was actually any sick to go with it 😷 just rolls and rolls of nausea without actually being sick. Can only eat about three bites of things before feeling like I’m about to hurl or just generally feeling horrible before even cooking so I don’t even bother 😭😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Why is it that a baby will kick and kick all afternoon, feels like they’re tap dancing and the second you get your partner to place his hand on your stomach the baby decides it’s nap time 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why is it that a baby will kick and kick all afternoon, feels like they’re tap dancing and the second you get your partner to place his hand on your stomach the baby decides it’s nap time 😂😂
Every time! 😂 apparently they can tell it’s a different hand to mums so they stop 😂

I wouldn’t mind feeling sick if there was actually any sick to go with it 😷 just rolls and rolls of nausea without actually being sick. Can only eat about three bites of things before feeling like I’m about to hurl or just generally feeling horrible before even cooking so I don’t even bother 😭😭
Preggie pop drops were good for the nausea for me! Also starting a daily omeprazole, even though I didn’t have heartburn. I’d just helped with the nausea.

• Heart
Feel like the worst mum ever today, I'm so uncomfortable and irritable and my 2 year old is just being full of energy and I feel dead snappy 😭 feel like he's gonna hate me but I just have no energy at all today

• Heart
Finally spoken with a midwife and gonna have my scan letter soon 🙌🏼! Apparently my midwife has been off ill and now they wanna get me in asap coz I should of had the booking appointment a week or two ago 😂

• Heart
Anyone else got or had really bad leg cramps? I never had these in my first pregnancy! Any ideas how to relieve them?

Anyone else got or had really bad leg cramps? I never had these in my first pregnancy! Any ideas how to relieve them?
Magnesium spray has been great for mine. I just put it on before bed (or make Mr R do it) and haven’t had leg cramps since. I was getting them really badly.

Second magnesium but I take it as a tablet before bed. Obviously check for yourself but everything I've read says it's safe for baby and can actually be beneficial to their development.

Anyone else super (over) organised?
I’m 26 weeks and have got most things sorted.

Also, when are people taking mat leave? I’m due 21st July (will find out exact date of section on 2nd May)

It will be the summer holidays up here so I’m planning on doing some activities with my 6yo. I work from home full time so no need to commute. I took 4 weeks before the birth last time and was bored out my chebs!!

Last question, for Scottish mums - are any of you getting the baby box? I got one the last time and the stuff was amazing but heard it’s changed a lot so not sure if it’s going to go to waste.
I got the baby box for both mine (2.5 years ago and 2 week old) and have used quite a lot of the stuff both times. Obviously some of the stuff I didn’t need this time but was handy getting fresh changing Mat, clothes, towel etc and the maternity pads and breast pads. The stuff was all different will be different from when you got one 6 years ago. Same idea but different designs etc. would defo get one if I was you

I got the baby box for both mine (2.5 years ago and 2 week old) and have used quite a lot of the stuff both times. Obviously some of the stuff I didn’t need this time but was handy getting fresh changing Mat, clothes, towel etc and the maternity pads and breast pads. The stuff was all different will be different from when you got one 6 years ago. Same idea but different designs etc. would defo get one if I was you
I’ve never heard of the baby box (being English) but what a fabulous initiative! https://www.parentclub.scot/baby-box

I had to laugh that they include condoms in it

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I think I’m going to start drinking raspberry leaf tea. Is it nice? Should I have it hot or cold?
I’ve got the mama tea one (something like that, pink and navy box from Holland and barratt) and it tastes ok…a bit minty/herby? 😂 I make up a full jug and let it go cold then mix it with ice and either pineapple juice or cranberry & raspberry juice in my Stanley cup and just sip it through the day. It’s quite nice then because it stays so cold.

I made Mr R try it with pineapple juice and he threw up. Wimp!
---
I’ve never heard of the baby box (being English) but what a fabulous initiative! https://www.parentclub.scot/baby-box

I had to laugh that they include condoms in it
That looks so good!

• Heart
I’m laughing at the shitting during labour,
I got it 3 years ago, there was a lot of things like the maternity pads and breast pads I didn’t use because I had already bought loads myself. I’ll definitely get it this time and just not buy as much stuff. How were the clothes in it? Last time they weren’t great but a few plain white bodysuits I did use.

• Heart
I got told my iron was low after my 8 week appointment but refused to take the tablets because they make me sick and I was already sick enough. I’ve been taking spatone iron water every day with orange juice and it’s much better, at least I hope it’s improved my levels but I do find it much better than taking tablets. Although, it is expensive!
---
My 20 week scan is on Tuesday and husband has now just decided he wants to find out the gender so I’m probably going to give in!!

We’ve just been to ikea, we needed some new drawers for baby things so thought I’d have a look. The girl came over and said the set we were looking at were being reduced to £50 so we’ve ended up just taking them. Bargain of the day, but they’ll probably have to sit in the living room for the next few months until we sort the room.
So is mine lol. Gonna start buying the big stuff once we've seen for sure she's OK and not to sound clinical/cold but viable.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.