Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, it’s better than a mid labour poo 🤣 that’s my biggest fear! Thank god I’m having a csection 😅

Get on the lactulose! 🤣
Omg the mid labour poo! I know they always say they'd never tell you etc but I just think there's no way you wouldn't know.
Another pro for the csection 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I mean, it’s better than a mid labour poo 🤣 that’s my biggest fear! Thank god I’m having a csection 😅
When I got in the delivery room with my first I cried to the midwife and was like ‘I don’t want to tit myself’ she was like ‘surely there’s more to be concerned about’ 🤣🤣 Well yeah there is but I still don’t want to tit myself!?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Can I just buy this or do I need to get it prescribed? Never had a problem before 😬
You can buy it from a pharmacy or get it prescribed (so free when you get your exemption certificate). It’s about £5/6 a bottle. It’s really sweet and thick to swallow but it works 😅

When I got in the delivery room with my first I cried to the midwife and was like ‘I don’t want to tit myself’ she was like ‘surely there’s more to be concerned about’ 🤣🤣 Well yeah there is but I still don’t want to tit myself!?
🤣🤣🤣 honestly I don’t think I could look Mr R in the eye ever again if he saw me tit myself in labour 😳
---
Omg the mid labour poo! I know they always say they'd never tell you etc but I just think there's no way you wouldn't know.
Another pro for the csection 😂
Yeah surely you can tell? 😂 unless it’s liquid I guess 🤣🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Just had an actual sobbing meltdown cos the baby flipped and felt like his head was bursting out the top of my stomach, my partner had to stand up and jiggle my belly cos I was crying so much I couldn't bounce 😂😂 I feel pathetic but it was SO sore. Don't think my partner will look at me for a while now hahahahha

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just had an actual sobbing meltdown cos the baby flipped and felt like his head was bursting out the top of my stomach, my partner had to stand up and jiggle my belly cos I was crying so much I couldn't bounce 😂😂 I feel pathetic but it was SO sore. Don't think my partner will look at me for a while now hahahahha
Oh poor you!! It’s so painful! When I was around 32 weeks baby had a day where he must have flipped 7/8+ times like he was trialling for the GB Gymnastics Team or something. It was agony. All I could do was rock on all 4s with my head basically on the floor and my bum as high in the air as I could manage. Mr R asked if I was getting ready for some fun til he saw my face and how pale I was from the pain. Breaking my ankle was less painful than that!!

Oh poor you!! It’s so painful! When I was around 32 weeks baby had a day where he must have flipped 7/8+ times like he was trialling for the GB Gymnastics Team or something. It was agony. All I could do was rock on all 4s with my head basically on the floor and my bum as high in the air as I could manage. Mr R asked if I was getting ready for some fun til he saw my face and how pale I was from the pain. Breaking my ankle was less painful than that!!
Haha men always stay hopeful, I love them for that 😂
Ahhh I don't know how you coped with that!! I just started crying like a maniac and my stomach was like a rock. I think this baby is a lot more active than my last one! Maybe it is a bad omen he'll be a terrible sleeper haha

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It was awful!

Hopefully it’s not an omen 🤣 mines usually most active around 2am so I’m hoping that stops when he’s born 😳

I’d take a pre labour poo right now, I’m soooooo constipated 😭
Same!!!
But I saw someone mention that those sugar free gummy sweets help so I’m off to the supermarket tomorrow to get some coz one time I ate too many and it cleared me right out

• Haha
Pre labour poo? I honestly do not want to give birth more by the day. I’m ok if he just wants to live inside me forever
I’m honestly terrified by the fact our hospital is 30 mins away. With my first I was induced and spent the day pinned to the loo/being sick (gals if you’re on anti sickness tablets make sure you take them in in the prescription packaging! I didn’t and had to wait 8 hours for a doc to be available to write me a prescription for a cyclizine injection) and so I’m terrified of similar and having to don30+ mins without access to a toilet 🫣😂
Honestly at one point I was having a bath on the ward in like a corridor bathroom, all they could offer me for pain relief due to staffing which was a joke. Had to leap out to sit on the toilet and was puking into my husband’s outstretched hands at the same time. While naked and wet 🫠

• Wow
  • Sad
I’m honestly terrified by the fact our hospital is 30 mins away. With my first I was induced and spent the day pinned to the loo/being sick (gals if you’re on anti sickness tablets make sure you take them in in the prescription packaging! I didn’t and had to wait 8 hours for a doc to be available to write me a prescription for a cyclizine injection) and so I’m terrified of similar and having to don30+ mins without access to a toilet 🫣😂
Honestly at one point I was having a bath on the ward in like a corridor bathroom, all they could offer me for pain relief due to staffing which was a joke. Had to leap out to sit on the toilet and was puking into my husband’s outstretched hands at the same time. While naked and wet 🫠
Blimey!! I can’t believe they left you in that state, that’s shocking. You poor thing.

Why did they need the packaging for the antisickness meds? To see the dose? I’ve just put a strip of each of mine in a little meds bag in my hospital bag but maybe I’ll dig them out and put in full packs with labels on 😳 I know everyone says HG clears up as soon as the placenta is out so I’m hoping I won’t need them but I’d hate to be in a position where I do need them and they won’t let me have them 😳

Blimey!! I can’t believe they left you in that state, that’s shocking. You poor thing.

Why did they need the packaging for the antisickness meds? To see the dose? I’ve just put a strip of each of mine in a little meds bag in my hospital bag but maybe I’ll dig them out and put in full packs with labels on 😳 I know everyone says HG clears up as soon as the placenta is out so I’m hoping I won’t need them but I’d hate to be in a position where I do need them and they won’t let me have them 😳
It was the omnicron covid spike and they were running on less than half staffing, the staff were actually non-stop and good when you were with them, just spread far far too thinly. So that element should at least be better.

I think maybe because I’d been induced? So they could accurately record what I was taking on top of the stuff they’d already given me. I hadn’t taken them in at all though, my waters had gone 24 hours before my induction so I’d tossed and turned all night - then we had to go in for 7am so I was up early for a shower and eve drive over and forgot to even think about grabbing them.

• Wow
That makes sense, but a shame it gave you (and probably other women also there) such a bad experience. I mean they could have at least given you some sick bowls 😂 At least you won’t get a repeat this time!

It’s a shame they couldn’t just pull your records and see what you were being prescribed!! Altho saying that every time I’ve been in they just ask what I’m taking and put that on my notes, they never check against what I’ve been prescribed or anything. I could tell them anything 😳

Has anyone else started feeling nauseous in their second trimester? Or gotten much worse? I didn't really suffer with nausea at all during my first tri but I've just hit 14 weeks and it's been gradually getting worse this week.

I thought second trimester was supposed to be the golden time and I'm feeling hard done by right now lol. But then again I have been super stressed so maybe that's the cause..

• Heart
Has anyone else started feeling nauseous in their second trimester? Or gotten much worse? I didn't really suffer with nausea at all during my first tri but I've just hit 14 weeks and it's been gradually getting worse this week.

I thought second trimester was supposed to be the golden time and I'm feeling hard done by right now lol. But then again I have been super stressed so maybe that's the cause..
I was still quite sick in my 2nd trimester, but it tended to be when I had done too much (I had a work event which knocked me out for a couple of days once it ended etc) so I think stress can defo be a factor. Hope it passes for you as I am sure by 20 weeks I was ok and able to enjoy it again x

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I think a few of us are still awaiting our second trimester glow (and I’m days away from the third trimester… 😂). It’s a bit of a myth, I know I still felt pretty rough until 15 weeks but things have got better/different, how you’re feeling is just a rollercoaster of pregnancy symptoms in my experience! I’ve also found if I do too much, get too tired or stressed I feel it for days.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I asked my OH if I tit myself with both babies. He said he was suffering with too much trauma when our first was born to even look 🙄 He said I didn't with our second. He has seen me tit myself before when my Crohn's was flaring really badly so I didn't care if he saw, more worried about what the midwives thought 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

The second trimester “golden time” is definitely a lie. My sickness got worse around 12/13 weeks and didn’t start improving until week 16 - 17 and a half weeks now and haven’t been sick in over a week. You will start feeling better, but it definitely isn’t at the beginning of the second trimester x

• Heart
That makes sense, but a shame it gave you (and probably other women also there) such a bad experience. I mean they could have at least given you some sick bowls 😂 At least you won’t get a repeat this time!

It’s a shame they couldn’t just pull your records and see what you were being prescribed!! Altho saying that every time I’ve been in they just ask what I’m taking and put that on my notes, they never check against what I’ve been prescribed or anything. I could tell them anything 😳
They did actually give me some sick bowls, but I’d filled them, and because they were short staffed they weren’t getting cleared away/ my husband couldn’t find anyone free to get some more, so they were just chilling in the cubicle with us.
(Sorry for how gross my last few posts have been!)

I think they did believe me (but saying I’d been prescribed anti emetics for pregnancy while surrounded by pots of my own puke is pretty plausible 😅) but the midwives annoyingly aren’t trusted to dish them out off their own backs, they have to wait for them to officially be prescribed before they can administer them, and all the docs were busy. But like you say, it was just based on my say so, not because they had access to my notes!
Although actually last time I had paper notes, I was in my third tri when my trust moved to Badger and they kept everyone 20 weeks+ on paper. But again, that was all on my say so - I told my midwife I’d been prescribed sickness tablets by the GP and she wrote it down. So not very official 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.