Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
those of you that have been anaemic in the third trimester, did the tablets make you incredibly sick? I’m only on day two of taking them and it’s instantly caused my nausea to start again and I’ve just been sick 🥲 I categorically cannot cope with being sick everyday again after how hellish the first 20 weeks of pregnancy were for me 😭

They want me to take these for the next couple of weeks then repeat bloods to see whether an infusion would be necessary. I had one after giving birth to my first and can’t help but feel like I’d prefer getting it over and done with that way. Do you think the midwife would agree to that?
I got told my iron was low after my 8 week appointment but refused to take the tablets because they make me sick and I was already sick enough. I’ve been taking spatone iron water every day with orange juice and it’s much better, at least I hope it’s improved my levels but I do find it much better than taking tablets. Although, it is expensive!
---
My 20 week scan is on Tuesday and husband has now just decided he wants to find out the gender so I’m probably going to give in!!

We’ve just been to ikea, we needed some new drawers for baby things so thought I’d have a look. The girl came over and said the set we were looking at were being reduced to £50 so we’ve ended up just taking them. Bargain of the day, but they’ll probably have to sit in the living room for the next few months until we sort the room.

Reactions: 3
those of you that have been anaemic in the third trimester, did the tablets make you incredibly sick? I’m only on day two of taking them and it’s instantly caused my nausea to start again and I’ve just been sick 🥲 I categorically cannot cope with being sick everyday again after how hellish the first 20 weeks of pregnancy were for me 😭

They want me to take these for the next couple of weeks then repeat bloods to see whether an infusion would be necessary. I had one after giving birth to my first and can’t help but feel like I’d prefer getting it over and done with that way. Do you think the midwife would agree to that?
Yeah they should do, I’ve been getting iron infusions since I was 20 weeks (am 34 this week) because my iron is really low and the tablets weren’t even touching the sides. When I was taking them (ferrous sulphate) I couldn’t tolerate them at all, they’d made me so sick! When they first mentioned maybe giving iron infusions, they said ‘if you can’t tolerate it or would prefer the infusions anyway you can have an infusion’ So they should let you if you mention it. Someone on here said that the ferrous sulphate isn’t as bad to take if you take it with orange juice, which I thought helped a little bit, didn’t feel as sick when I had it with OJ! But I ended up just needing the infusions anyway

Reactions: 1
I’m on a fb group for people due in May and the babies are coming thick and fast now 👀 it’s making me very nervous 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m on a fb group for people due in May and the babies are coming thick and fast now 👀 it’s making me very nervous 😂
This always happens! I’m glad I’m due the start of September and hope I’m one of the early ones in the group that may come in August 😂 I get jealous just seeing the babies arriving in here! I’m glad there’s a few of us all due around the same time.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah it’s making me a bit jealous too because I just want him out now to see his little face, have cuddled and not be a space hopper anymore 😂 but not before Monday when my house will be finished ready for him🤣 I’m hoping that the theory that when you’re ready and relax baby comes is true 🤞🏼

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Yeah it’s making me a bit jealous too because I just want him out now to see his little face, have cuddled and not be a space hopper anymore 😂 but not before Monday when my house will be finished ready for him🤣 I’m hoping that the theory that when you’re ready and relax baby comes is true 🤞🏼
My first came the day after I was telling everyone there was no sign of him coming and I was expecting to go over due. I had a midwife appointment at 10am the next day and we had a whole day off planned, booked the dog in at the groomers etc but baby had other plans.

• Heart
Oooh I’ll have to join! I’ve not joined a baby fb due date group this time around.

I joined one for my Feb 2020 baby and their all bloody American, I must’ve been the only Mum who didn’t do a cake smash. One did a ‘chick a fil a smash’ where their 1 year old did a photoshoot eating fried chicken on their 1st birthday. It was bizarre. And every year their always like ‘can y’all believe we have a so and so year old’ 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oooh I’ll have to join! I’ve not joined a baby fb due date group this time around.

I joined one for my Feb 2020 baby and their all bloody American, I must’ve been the only Mum who didn’t do a cake smash. One did a ‘chick a fil a smash’ where their 1 year old did a photoshoot eating fried chicken on their 1st birthday. It was bizarre. And every year their always like ‘can y’all believe we have a so and so year old’ 🤣
No I'm in am american one and my head falls off with some of the questions they ask, it's worlds apart. I just thank god I don't have the bills they pay hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Does anyone else get irrationally angry when their partner looks comfy? I'm sat here like a whale uncomfortable and he's lying next to me on the couch asleep!!! Even worse my 2 year old has been napping for 3 and a half hours. How DARE they be nice and comfy and I'm just not at all! 😂😂

• Haha
Does anyone else get irrationally angry when their partner looks comfy? I'm sat here like a whale uncomfortable and he's lying next to me on the couch asleep!!! Even worse my 2 year old has been napping for 3 and a half hours. How DARE they be nice and comfy and I'm just not at all! 😂😂
I’d be more worried about the 3 and a half hour nap your 2 year old is having 😂 I’d be worried I wouldn’t be able to get an early night 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’d be more worried about the 3 and a half hour nap your 2 year old is having 😂 I’d be worried I wouldn’t be able to get an early night 🤣
Hahahaha oh do you know what I'm lucky with that one, he'll wake up before 6 and be back in bed for half 8 til 7.30 tomorrow. He loves to sleep more than I do! Hopefully the next one will be the same 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Hahahaha oh do you know what I'm lucky with that one, he'll wake up before 6 and be back in bed for half 8 til 7.30 tomorrow. He loves to sleep more than I do! Hopefully the next one will be the same 😂
Oh I’m jealous if my 4 yo even closes his eyes for 5 mins he’s up til about 10pm 🤣 but if he doesn’t sleep during the day he’s good at bedtime and sleeps the entire night. A lot of people have took pleasure in telling me the second child is never the same, their a demon and if your first sleeps good your second doesn’t 😂

Oh I’m jealous if my 4 yo even closes his eyes for 5 mins he’s up til about 10pm 🤣 but if he doesn’t sleep during the day he’s good at bedtime and sleeps the entire night. A lot of people have took pleasure in telling me the second child is never the same, their a demon and if your first sleeps good your second doesn’t 😂
Hahahaa people love to say that don't they!! I'd rather they kept their negativity to themselves, I only want positive vibes and 2 good sleepers 😂

• Haha
Random possibly stupid question of the day - our bedroom has been painted today, can I sleep in there tonight? I was going to sleep in the spare room but I’ve just been to lie on the bed and I can’t get comfortable at all, it was really painful on my back and hips and it’s so low down I think I’ll struggle to get up and down for a wee every 30 mins through the night. And me and my pregnancy pillow won’t fit on the sofa anymore so that’s not an option 🙈 I haven’t done any of the painting so it’s not like i’ve been exposed to it all day and it’s just emulsion on the walls no gloss work or anything. I can leave the windows open until I go to bed at 1/2am to ventilate it as much as possible. But I don’t know if it’s ok or not?!
---
It’s a myth. Me and my sister were both awful sleepers 😂 my dad still rocks the trolley when he goes shopping now because he spent so many hours walking around rocking us in trolleys or our pushchairs to try and settle us

• Haha
Reactions: 2
my first is a demon, always been a horrendous sleeper 🤣 that’s what convinced me to go for number 2, I’ve managed over 3 and a half years without having a longer stretch of 4 hours consecutive sleep… I told my husband that because I accepted she was a tit sleeper a long time again and I can manage that, number 2 can’t be any worse..

...then came the news that number 2 was actually number 2 AND 3. Some sort of sleep god is laughing at me somewhere 😂
---
Random possibly stupid question of the day - our bedroom has been painted today, can I sleep in there tonight? I was going to sleep in the spare room but I’ve just been to lie on the bed and I can’t get comfortable at all, it was really painful on my back and hips and it’s so low down I think I’ll struggle to get up and down for a wee every 30 mins through the night. And me and my pregnancy pillow won’t fit on the sofa anymore so that’s not an option 🙈 I haven’t done any of the painting so it’s not like i’ve been exposed to it all day and it’s just emulsion on the walls no gloss work or anything. I can leave the windows open until I go to bed at 1/2am to ventilate it as much as possible. But I don’t know if it’s ok or not?!
I’m sure it’ll be fine! I painted our nursery walls (just water based emulsion) a couple of weeks ago with the window wide open and it didn’t really smell of anything! I also painted our first child’s room and every single internal door in our house during the first lockdown whilst heavily pregnant 🤣 just air the room for as long as possible ☺

Last edited:
  • Haha
Anyone else super (over) organised?
I’m 26 weeks and have got most things sorted.

Also, when are people taking mat leave? I’m due 21st July (will find out exact date of section on 2nd May)

It will be the summer holidays up here so I’m planning on doing some activities with my 6yo. I work from home full time so no need to commute. I took 4 weeks before the birth last time and was bored out my chebs!!

Last question, for Scottish mums - are any of you getting the baby box? I got one the last time and the stuff was amazing but heard it’s changed a lot so not sure if it’s going to go to waste.

The PGP has started bad for me!!!

I am already with physio because I have EDS/hypermobility. But my next appointment isn't for a few weeks.

I am struggling to walk it's been that bad. Is there any point you should be concerned? Is it best to talk to Dr or midwife?

Any tips for managing it?

• Heart
  • Sad
The PGP has started bad for me!!!

I am already with physio because I have EDS/hypermobility. But my next appointment isn't for a few weeks.

I am struggling to walk it's been that bad. Is there any point you should be concerned? Is it best to talk to Dr or midwife?

Any tips for managing it?
A belly band! Helps a little bit. I spoke to my midwife and she managed to get me one free from the hospital somehow rather than paying for one. Sit with your legs closed rather than apart because I find sitting with them apart brings on the pain more when I try and get up. There’s some exercises on youtube that help too. I found the Dr and midwife a bit rubbish when I went to them with mine, they were just ‘oh it’s one of those pregnancy things. wait for the physio’ Sometimes when mine is that bad I can’t move, my fella lent the spare zimmer frame from his Nan and when it’s really bad I use that to get round the house 😭 I’m only 28 😂

• Heart
---

It’s a myth. Me and my sister were both awful sleepers 😂 my dad still rocks the trolley when he goes shopping now because he spent so many hours walking around rocking us in trolleys or our pushchairs to try and settle us

I think you’ll be fine! I painted 2 rooms the other week in emulsion and was fine. My boyfriend painted my bedroom about a month ago and I slept in there the same night. We just made sure to open the windows when he did it and a bit afterwards to let the fumes out :)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.