Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The PLT maternity stuff is cute! Def gonna put an order in once I get past 12 weeks 🤞

Reactions: 1
I’ve given up with buying bigger clothes for now but that’s probably cos I was a 16 to start anyway. I’ve got away with my jumpers as I like them baggy (now they fit) but trousers are a no go now.

I did buy some stretchy t shirt dresses from Tesco which look good for summer also found some of the clothes I stopped wearing because I felt self conscious with recent weight gain I can now wear with a bump.

I’ve done a boohoo order which hasn’t been too bad and got some bundles off of vinted- quite like new look stuff !

Reactions: 2
Eugh I'm having an awful bout of panic this weekend. I hate not knowing what's going on in there and just having to assume/trust that everything is okay between scans. I think I'll feel a million times better when I start feeling movements, but we're coming up to 18 weeks and I've not even felt a flutter, nothing at all. We're seeing lots of my friends today that I've not seen since just before Christmas so I know they'll be congratulating us in person which is so lovely, but it's just making me panic and have the worst thoughts like what if they're congratulating me and baby isn't even okay in there.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Eugh I'm having an awful bout of panic this weekend. I hate not knowing what's going on in there and just having to assume/trust that everything is okay between scans. I think I'll feel a million times better when I start feeling movements, but we're coming up to 18 weeks and I've not even felt a flutter, nothing at all. We're seeing lots of my friends today that I've not seen since just before Christmas so I know they'll be congratulating us in person which is so lovely, but it's just making me panic and have the worst thoughts like what if they're congratulating me and baby isn't even okay in there.
Honestly people go on about getting past 12 weeks and the anxiety is over but it’s really not! That time between the 12 week scan and your 20 week scan is so anxiety inducing because you feel so much better and you’re thinking ‘is there anything even in there?!’ The sad reality about pregnancy is, the anxiety never goes away really 🥲 you just find ways to ease it. If you can afford it maybe a private scan but I remember you saying your partner saying to wait? Try and talk him round 😇 I found that during the 2nd trimester it helped having a private scan to break the wait down. It is such a long wait between 12 weeks and 20 weeks

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Honestly people go on about getting past 12 weeks and the anxiety is over but it’s really not! That time between the 12 week scan and your 20 week scan is so anxiety inducing because you feel so much better and you’re thinking ‘is there anything even in there?!’ The sad reality about pregnancy is, the anxiety never goes away really 🥲 you just find ways to ease it. If you can afford it maybe a private scan but I remember you saying your partner saying to wait? Try and talk him round 😇 I found that during the 2nd trimester it helped having a private scan to break the wait down. It is such a long wait between 12 weeks and 20 weeks
He's fine with a scan when I've explained my panic, I've even promised it's not be being sneaky to try and find out the gender and that I'd tell the sonographer not to tell us the gender to respect his wishes to wait. Soonest I can get it Tuesday night though, which isn't ages away but I would love that reassurance before seeing people later today.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I second this! We did a private scan at 17 weeks which, as we took our mums with us, they paid for it on the day which was lovely of them. It was really worth it to calm the anxiety, and we even got a 4d image of him! At only 17 weeks you could see all his little facial features, even though he was clearly a little bony still 🤣 Would deffo recommend if you have the means

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s totally normal, it’s all a constant worry. I feel like I’m worrying more this time than I did with my first. I’ve been feeling movements for the past couple of weeks now, at first it wasn’t everyday so you then start panicking when you don’t feel anything! I’m coming upto 20 weeks now so it’s getting more and more everyday. You’ll be feeling them soon enough and then start worrying anytime they’re quiet. We never done a 4d scan last time but think we will do it this time so my toddler can get involved and it’ll break up the wait. I always need something to count down to!
---
I second this! We did a private scan at 17 weeks which, as we took our mums with us, they paid for it on the day which was lovely of them. It was really worth it to calm the anxiety, and we even got a 4d image of him! At only 17 weeks you could see all his little facial features, even though he was clearly a little bony still 🤣 Would deffo recommend if you have the means
Haha might offer my MIL to come so she pays 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
He's fine with a scan when I've explained my panic, I've even promised it's not be being sneaky to try and find out the gender and that I'd tell the sonographer not to tell us the gender to respect his wishes to wait. Soonest I can get it Tuesday night though, which isn't ages away but I would love that reassurance before seeing people later today.
It might be too late now but you could try calling to see if they’ve had any on the day cancellations 😊

Hi, did any of you conceive whilst you were drunk? Does it affect the baby in any way? 😞
my first was a whoops honeymoon baby which involved a lot of a champagne (very much planned and wanted for the near future, but we conceived literally 3 days after getting married which was not the plan!)

I don’t believe there’s any reason it would affect a baby, as long as you stop drinking alcohol once you know you are pregnant. ❤

Reactions: 3
Also totally off topic but I remember us mentioning sephora a while back, they've finally announced their trafford centre opening date, May 16th!
Honestly. I’ve been going every single week still as a reason to stretch my legs I’m so sick of the place 😂 and I saw that! I’m so excited, my boyfriend is dreading it.

And I totally feel your panic. I don’t remember who said on here 24 weeks is when you’re viable enough that the NHS would step in to try and save baby if something went wrong… but I’ve thought about that every day since (I do NOT want the person who told me to feel bad, as it’s not a negative to me) but since then I’ve basically been counting down to that day as a safe point

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Hi, did any of you conceive whilst you were drunk? Does it affect the baby in any way? 😞
I conceived the beginning of October and had nights away towards the end for my birthday where bottles of champagne and gin were drank haha, as long as you stop when you find out you'll be OK

Yep! I was very drunk, and got drunk again a few times after before I knew I was pregnant. Baby is absolutely fine. The bigger risks of alcohol come after the placenta takes over at 8-12 weeks as that’s when it could pass from you to the baby.

Reactions: 3
I'm convinced alcohol was the reason we conceived haha. We'd been trying for nearly two years and I'd basically stopped drinking during the two week wait every single month just in case. I decided in December not to worry and not to focus on trying that month so I could enjoy Christmas and New Year without stopping drinking. And that ended up being the month we conceived. Even the night before we found out in mid Jan I'd had a couple of rums. And as far as I'm aware it hasn't affected baby whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
those of you that have been anaemic in the third trimester, did the tablets make you incredibly sick? I’m only on day two of taking them and it’s instantly caused my nausea to start again and I’ve just been sick 🥲 I categorically cannot cope with being sick everyday again after how hellish the first 20 weeks of pregnancy were for me 😭

They want me to take these for the next couple of weeks then repeat bloods to see whether an infusion would be necessary. I had one after giving birth to my first and can’t help but feel like I’d prefer getting it over and done with that way. Do you think the midwife would agree to that?

those of you that have been anaemic in the third trimester, did the tablets make you incredibly sick? I’m only on day two of taking them and it’s instantly caused my nausea to start again and I’ve just been sick 🥲 I categorically cannot cope with being sick everyday again after how hellish the first 20 weeks of pregnancy were for me 😭

They want me to take these for the next couple of weeks then repeat bloods to see whether an infusion would be necessary. I had one after giving birth to my first and can’t help but feel like I’d prefer getting it over and done with that way. Do you think the midwife would agree to that?
Which ones have they given you? When I was in hospital and they started me on iron tablets (and then stopped them a day later 🤷🏻‍♀️) they told me ferrous sulphate was rough on your stomach but ferrous fumerate was gentle and shouldn’t cause any issues.

Think I've just had a sign baby brew is a she 😅 we're on weekend away back in my home town, just been on a lovely walk in a nearby park when I saw something poking out of a tree, I picked it up and it's a little pink knitted duck with a name tag on, and it's my name! It's a pretty uncommon name as well so I'm in shock haha. It says on the tag it's a random act of kindness and to please take it home, so we will, baby brew officially has their first handmade little toy 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Think I've just had a sign baby brew is a she 😅 we're on weekend away back in my home town, just been on a lovely walk in a nearby park when I saw something poking out of a tree, I picked it up and it's a little pink knitted duck with a name tag on, and it's my name! It's a pretty uncommon name as well so I'm in shock haha. It says on the tag it's a random act of kindness and to please take it home, so we will, baby brew officially has their first handmade little toy 🥰
This so lovely!

• Heart
Which ones have they given you? When I was in hospital and they started me on iron tablets (and then stopped them a day later 🤷🏻‍♀️) they told me ferrous sulphate was rough on your stomach but ferrous fumerate was gentle and shouldn’t cause any issues.
Oh.. of course, it’s ferrous sulfate 😂 I think I’ll speak to the midwife on Monday and see what she says!

I wasn't planning on buying anything til I really really needed to
I was the same before but just buy it. You’ll be more comfy and you only get a few months to wear it so might as well make the most of it.

Once again it bugs me how so much BF friendly stuff is also maternity. You’re not doing both at the same time! I’m ok with a body con showing my bump but after baby arrives and it’s just a bit wobbly I don’t want tight fitting dresses. Nor do I want to look like I’m attending a garden party every day. I guess I’ll just wear whatever and use a muslin if it’s too hot for a vest under a Tee.

Re drinking - both time I had a heavy night in the week after conceiving and drank socially. Before home tests became common place people would often mistake implantation for a period and not know they were pregnant for ages, and they used to tell pregnant women to drink Guinness for the iron! Stop drinking as soon as you know but it’s very unlikely to have affected baby.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.