Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My anxiety just moves from one thing to another I swear. I’ve suddenly become really worried about premature birth as my mum had adenomyosis and all of her children were premature. Her waters broke with my older brother when she was 19 weeks and I’m coming up to that point now. As far as I’m aware, I don’t have adenomyosis, but she didn’t know she did at that point either and I’m so scared I’m destined to the same fate as her, especially after my scare last week ☹
Have you told your midwife? They may be able to do additional monitoring to ease your anxiety ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Have you told your midwife? They may be able to do additional monitoring to ease your anxiety ❤
At my 16 week appointment I asked her if it made me higher risk but she very quickly brushed it off with a “no” but I didn’t explain in full detail. I think I might have to speak to her again and just tell her how anxious it’s making me x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My anxiety just moves from one thing to another I swear. I’ve suddenly become really worried about premature birth as my mum had adenomyosis and all of her children were premature. Her waters broke with my older brother when she was 19 weeks and I’m coming up to that point now. As far as I’m aware, I don’t have adenomyosis, but she didn’t know she did at that point either and I’m so scared I’m destined to the same fate as her, especially after my scare last week ☹
The anxiety just never ends does it!
Forgive my ignorance but I've never heard of adenomyosis before, is it something you can ask to be tested for given your Mum had it, especially if you explain how much worry and stress it's causing you.

• Heart
The anxiety just never ends does it!
Forgive my ignorance but I've enver heard of adenomyosis before, is it something you can ask to be tested for given your Mum had it, especially if you explain how much worry and stress it's causing you.
It really doesn’t, just moves onto the next thing instead 🥲 I think it’s similar to endometriosis but it’s quite hard to diagnose, my mum didn’t get diagnosed until years after we’d all been born, but I have read it’s thought to be inheritable which is partly why it’s scaring me so much x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It really doesn’t, just moves onto the next thing instead 🥲 I think it’s similar to endometriosis but it’s quite hard to diagnose, my mum didn’t get diagnosed until years after we’d all been born, but I have read it’s thought to be inheritable which is partly why it’s scaring me so much x
my mum had severe endometriosis and adenomyosis throughout her 20’s and 30’s (she also didn’t know for a long while and ended up having a hysterectomy in her early 40’s) and she had 4 successful pregnancies/labours between the ages of 18-30, none of which were preterm. Not trying to downplay your anxieties, just wanted to let you know that her conditions never had any affect on pregnancy or birth ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
my mum had severe endometriosis and adenomyosis throughout her 20’s and 30’s (she also didn’t know for a long while and ended up having a hysterectomy in her early 40’s) and she had 4 successful pregnancies/labours between the ages of 18-30, none of which were preterm. Not trying to downplay your anxieties, just wanted to let you know that her conditions never had any affect on pregnancy or birth ❤
Thank you SO much, that’s so reassuring to hear ❤ and bless your poor mum, I hope her life massively improved after her hysterectomy x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I feel you! I’m already bigger than I was full term with my first. I just noticed my first ever stretch marks a few days ago (right next to my belly button, where I’ve been feeling bruised the past few weeks!) …so not even in a “nice” or inconspicuous place 😂 I always thought I wouldn’t be that bothered if I got them, but it has annoyed me more than I’d like to admit because I never had any the first time round!

I’m also really scared how my body is going to get through the next couple of months, I feel like it’s already shutting down 😫

just remember that knowledge is power and that’s the great thing about extra scans x
Exactly the same with the marks, I didn’t think I’d be that worried but after getting away with it once it’s somehow more annoying.
You’re an absolute superhero going through it with twins! I always romanticised twins before pregnancy but now in in absolute awe of anyone who does it 🩷

@Lucyxxxx re travel systems that go up to a bigger weight than most, I’ve just come across the Cybex Gazelle. 2 x 22kg same as the Donkey but a stacked design.
The Cossato whoosh is a “cheap” side by side stroller option for 22kg per seat and suitable from birth but no bassinet or car seat option as far as I can tell.

• Heart
Exactly the same with the marks, I didn’t think I’d be that worried but after getting away with it once it’s somehow more annoying.
You’re an absolute superhero going through it with twins! I always romanticised twins before pregnancy but now in in absolute awe of anyone who does it 🩷

@Lucyxxxx re travel systems that go up to a bigger weight than most, I’ve just come across the Cybex Gazelle. 2 x 22kg same as the Donkey but a stacked design.
The Cossato whoosh is a “cheap” side by side stroller option for 22kg per seat and suitable from birth but no bassinet or car seat option as far as I can tell.
Am heading off immediately to check these out. Thank you ❤

• Heart
Those who’ve done colostrum harvesting - how on earth do you get it in the syringe?? I can get it out but I can’t get a single drop in a syringe 😂

I’ve made such a mess 😂 I’ve managed to get 0.3ml in a syringe finally (which I guess is ok for my first attempt?) but I’ve probably got another 1ml over my hands, clothes and boob that I just can’t suck up 🙈

• Heart
I’ve made such a mess 😂 I’ve managed to get 0.3ml in a syringe finally (which I guess is ok for my first attempt?) but I’ve probably got another 1ml over my hands, clothes and boob that I just can’t suck up 🙈
There's definitely a knack.. you'll get more each time you do it 😊 if you don't end up needing it, you can use it on baby's skin or in the bath. Works great on cradle cap!

• Heart
That’s brill imo, how far along are you? Really want to do it this time around but need to look into it properly, is it 37+ you can do it?

I expressed the first two months for my son before I could get him latching, the first few days I was getting barely anything. Was full on going to NICU with like .75 of a ml to give him all proud as punch and god love her, his named nurse was an angel who’d always big me up. Looking back now I feel daft 😂

• Heart
You can do it from 36 weeks. Im 35+5 but my midwife has given me the go ahead to start and tbh its been leaking for weeks so even if she hadn’t said yes id probably have started trying to collect it today anyway as im impatient 🙈 it can trigger contractions or braxton hicks which is why you’re not supposed to do it before 36 weeks. Baby is going nuts since I did it so it must have caused some kind of hormone surge or braxton hicks that I can’t feel 😂

That will probably be me at first, proud as anything getting <1ml of milk 😂 every drop is good for baby though if you can manage it so even that 0.75ml would have made a big difference!
---
New thread: https://tattle.life/threads/pregnancy-57.44888/

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.