Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The personalised gowns on My1styears are honestly so sweet. And they currently have a 30% sale on. If you already know your names that is 🤣 I think we do, but I could go loopy and change so I’m going to put Baby (Last name)
I love their stuff! We were given a teddy with his name on, and I’ve bought a milestone blanket and a toy basket and they’re such good quality! And their packaging made me feel really fancy when they arrived because they’re in nice boxes with tissue paper 😂 might have to go for another little browse if they have a sale on 😁
---
I've just gone to get more asprin from Boots and the pharmacy counter lady refused to sell it to me when she realised I was pregnant. I told her I can show her my maternity care notes where the midwives and doctor have told me I have to take 150mg daily for my placenta but she still refused me. Fuming!
Go back and pregnancy rage punch her in the face. Why did she refuse? Can you get it on prescription so you don’t have to have the hassle again when you need more?

I love their stuff! We were given a teddy with his name on, and I’ve bought a milestone blanket and a toy basket and they’re such good quality! And their packaging made me feel really fancy when they arrived because they’re in nice boxes with tissue paper 😂 might have to go for another little browse if they have a sale on 😁
---

Go back and pregnancy rage punch her in the face. Why did she refuse? Can you get it on prescription so you don’t have to have the hassle again when you need more?
She told me to come back with a proper prescription and then I can have 1 box. I'm away for the weekend now visiting family, I'll try my luck somewhere else. Last time I got some I picked up 2 boxes from the shelf no problem. Really odd.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I've just gone to get more asprin from Boots and the pharmacy counter lady refused to sell it to me when she realised I was pregnant. I told her I can show her my maternity care notes where the midwives and doctor have told me I have to take 150mg daily for my placenta but she still refused me. Fuming!
Mine is on prescription so maybe you need a prescription?

She told me to come back with a proper prescription and then I can have 1 box. I'm away for the weekend now visiting family, I'll try my luck somewhere else. Last time I got some I picked up 2 boxes from the shelf no problem. Really odd.
Can you just go to another pharmacy and lie if they ask if you're pregnant? Absolutely ridiculous to refuse you even when you have maternity notes to prove you've been told to take it

Reactions: 1
I had it! The Gestational Diabetes UK Facebook group (and website) will be your best friend. The community on the Facebook group is so helpful, there were so many people I saw posting there struggling with the diet and food aversions.

I don’t know what advice you’ve been given by the diabetes midwives but some trusts can give quite out of date advice. Basically any carbs need to be paired with fats/protein, so you can have a small amount of chocolate if you eat some cheese and nuts first.

I found I could tolerate the Warburton thin seeded bagels (in green packaging) with Lurpak/Philadelphia and peanut butter or Marmite quite well. Yoghurt will be your new best friend if you can have it - the full fat Greek yoghurt (not Greek style) or Skyr is best. Also protein yoghurts like Lindahl’s Kvarg etc are good.

Any pasta, have lots of meat with it. Be careful with potatoes, sausages. Have lots of eggs. It takes a while to get to grips with everything but you’ll get there ❤
Thank you this is so helpful !

I’ve not been told much yet as my appointments are next week, but want to try and do as much as I can before so will definitely check out the fb group !

Can you just go to another pharmacy and lie if they ask if you're pregnant? Absolutely ridiculous to refuse you even when you have maternity notes to prove you've been told to take it
That's what I'm going to try. Really odd that it was behind the counter in the first place. Luckily I've got enough for a couple more days but my memory is rubbish so wanted to get more before I ran out.

• Heart
That's what I'm going to try. Really odd that it was behind the counter in the first place. Luckily I've got enough for a couple more days but my memory is rubbish so wanted to get more before I ran out.
Yeah go to another. My boyfriend went to our local pharmacy straight after we had our hospital appt where we were told to start taking it. We did have a prescription, which he showed, but it was for the hospital only which was stupidly far from the maternity ward - hence we went to the pharmacy. He said “Hi can I buy aspirin, it’s for my girlfriend who’s been prescribed it for her pregnancy” and again they said that now he’s said it’s for a pregnant person, they won’t sell it to him as she’ll get in trouble. He replied “Okay, well you do realise I’m going to go to another now and buy it anyway, so you might as well sell it to me and save us both the time” … long story short, she did 😂.

B&M sell it for 75p on the shelf :)

• Wow
Thank you this is so helpful !

I’ve not been told much yet as my appointments are next week, but want to try and do as much as I can before so will definitely check out the fb group !
I don’t know much about GD but as I was just eating one, I wanted to recommend Prep Kitchen meals. We’ve been having deliveries because I literally ran out of ideas/energy of what to grab for lunch. They’re high protein low carb meals but they’re actually tasty and take 4 mins to microwave. Not everyone’s cup of tea but they sound like they fit the bill about what you can/can’t eat! I can share a referral code if anyone wants it (I don’t work for them I promise 😅)

• Heart
My midwives specifically told me to not go to a pharmacy for aspirin because they won't give it to you if you're pregnant (without a prescription).

You can just buy it in B&M or a supermarket and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 3
For more neutral baby boy clothes
Next
H and m
Zara
Sainsbury's
Asda
Matalan
I have got some lovely neutral colours, softer blues and sage green. I am obsessed with anything sage green.

Doesn't have to be all trucks and dinosaurs!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Those on Asprin, when I was prescribed it at 12 weeks the midwife sent a prescription request to my GP and also immediately issued me a maternity exemption certificate (thank god too as the never ending list of meds I had been prescribed for my sickness was costing me a fortune!)

I can’t believe they’d expect you to buy it yourself?! Definitely ask for a script and mat exemption certificate, that way you can get it in bulk and don’t have to worry about running out either ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
How many changing mats have people bought? 😅 despite Mr R’s dreamland idea that we’ll only ever change Baby R in his nursery on the changing table, I’m obviously going to end up changing him in bed and the living room etc. Do people just move 1 mat around? Have one for upstairs and one for downstairs? Use a travel type mat for downstairs/bed? I’m probably massively over thinking this 😂

How many changing mats have people bought? 😅 despite Mr R’s dreamland idea that we’ll only ever change Baby R in his nursery on the changing table, I’m obviously going to end up changing him in bed and the living room etc. Do people just move 1 mat around? Have one for upstairs and one for downstairs? Use a travel type mat for downstairs/bed? I’m probably massively over thinking this 😂
I had one upstairs and one downstairs with my first, but I feel like I changed him just on the bed through the night mostly so the upstairs one was a bit neglected hahaha

We had one in our room and one in the lounge, basically never changed either kid in their own room 😂 also did your changing bag come with a travel mat? They are also good for having around because they fold down small, I used to have one with a zip picked which would fit a pack of wipes, a few nappies and a little sudocrem (and some nappy bags)
---
Those having to take aspirin, why do you need to take it? I’ve never heard of it before (but was younger and very low risk with both boys)

Thanks, I’ll order another 😁 I knew I’d find a reason to order more stuff 🤣

My changing bag hasn’t come yet (thanks silver cross and your crappy customer service 😬) so not sure if it has a travel mat in it. I have bought a travel one just incase though. Might get a couple of travel ones to go in the nappy caddy’s I’ve set up in our room etc so I’ve always got one close by to change him on

• Haha
  • Heart
I never had a change table but had 1 nappy caddy and mat in the living area and 1 in the nursery for getting dressed - I took the nappy caddy in the bedroom at night and used something like this on the bed (also sofa, floor etc when need be) as the mat was too big and scrunchy to mess about with at 3am!
https://amzn.eu/d/bE3Ubkd
I used these in the early days of explosive nappies, preferable to travel mats imo, sometimes for home but always out and about because you don’t want to have to reuse or put away a dirty travel one. Not very environmentally friends but I’d reuse until it got soiled/wet.
https://amzn.eu/d/iT73ssO
As long as you’ve got something waterproof protecting a surface, and soft protecting them, you can change them anywhere.

I had a little bin like this in the bedroom for night nappies and a nappy bin in the nursery. I’d take day nappies straight to the proper bin.
https://amzn.eu/d/d1N2GE9

• Heart
Those having to take aspirin, why do you need to take it? I’ve never heard of it before (but was younger and very low risk with both boys)
My risk factors are high blood pressure during labour (briefly pre eclamptic) and this pregnancy being multiples. I think my low BMI might be a reason too?

Apparently aspirin also helps babies put on weight.

My risk factors are high blood pressure during labour (briefly pre eclamptic) and this pregnancy being multiples. I think my low BMI might be a reason too?

Apparently aspirin also helps babies put on weight.
Thank you :) another question to add to my list of booking appointment questions

• Heart
We had a caddy and mat downstairs, another caddy and mat in our bedroom and then her changing table in her room. I still use the one downstairs, I change her way more down here than in her room!

• Heart
We had one in our room and one in the lounge, basically never changed either kid in their own room 😂 also did your changing bag come with a travel mat? They are also good for having around because they fold down small, I used to have one with a zip picked which would fit a pack of wipes, a few nappies and a little sudocrem (and some nappy bags)
---
Re aspirin mine is because of my high BMI (again). So I'm at increased risk of pre-eclampsia and high blood pressure. Aspirin reduces the risk apparently.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.