Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@raspberryjuice we had one downstairs and one upstairs last time but most of the time I’d just bring him upstairs to change him so I was thinking of just getting one this time but I’ll probably still get a cheap one. We are planning on moving so I don’t really want to set up a nursery that won’t be used, thinking of having baby things in our room for now so will probably use downstairs more this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We had a mat fo upstairs and downstairs and bought the same this time around. Plus the travel changing mat for changing bag. I am pretty sure I also have another spare travel one which we used for the car as well as wipes/nappies etc that were always kept in the boot.

Sometimes you think you have plenty in the changing bag but if you’re out for a long day, it’s surprising how quick you go through your supplies and you will almost always have explosion at that point 😂

• Heart
What changing bags are we using? I had a cheap Aldi one before and it was more than fine, but I’d like a nicer one this time.

What changing bags are we using? I had a cheap Aldi one before and it was more than fine, but I’d like a nicer one this time.
I’ve got one that came with our travel system (when it eventually turns up) but I’d like to buy a nicer one too I just don’t know what makes a good one. The one we’ve got coming clips on to the pram but I don’t know if they all do?! And I don’t know if I want a bag or backpack type. So confusing 😁

I’ve got one that came with our travel system (when it eventually turns up) but I’d like to buy a nicer one too I just don’t know what makes a good one. The one we’ve got coming clips on to the pram but I don’t know if they all do?! And I don’t know if I want a bag or backpack type. So confusing 😁

I’d use your free one for a bit and then you’ll figure out what you want from a changing bag. Pram clips are good, lots of space to put crap in it, I had a pacapod one but not sure I’d recommend it, for my second I got a backpack style one

• Heart
How many changing mats have people bought? 😅 despite Mr R’s dreamland idea that we’ll only ever change Baby R in his nursery on the changing table, I’m obviously going to end up changing him in bed and the living room etc. Do people just move 1 mat around? Have one for upstairs and one for downstairs? Use a travel type mat for downstairs/bed? I’m probably massively over thinking this 😂
We just have the one mat upstairs. Apart from being good to get the steps going up and down the stairs, this baby has an awesome habit of making a right royal mess. Don't especially want 💩 on the carpet 🤣 If I do change him downstairs, I just grab the mat from our change bag. Speaking of we now have two 🤦‍♀️ We have a backpack from Aldi which holds our toddlers stuff (snacks, change of clothes, crayons, paper etc) and the bag that came with our travel system which holds all the stuff for the bag. Nothing fancy, does the job.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Mr R is convinced we’ll be getting up and taking him to his room to change all night so won’t need any extra change mats etc. He’s also going to apparently take every nappy across our parking area to the outside bins straight away rather than a collection at the end of the day 🤣 at 3am when it’s the 4th nappy change of the night and it’s cold and drizzly?! Course you are babe 😘🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Mr R is convinced we’ll be getting up and taking him to his room to change all night so won’t need any extra change mats etc. He’s also going to apparently take every nappy across our parking area to the outside bins straight away rather than a collection at the end of the day 🤣 at 3am when it’s the 4th nappy change of the night and it’s cold and drizzly?! Course you are babe 😘🤣
We started out with a mat in our bedroom but quickly moved it to the guest room chest of drawers as it was killing out backs either leaning over the end of the bed or on the floor. As for the dirty nappies, we just put them in a nappy sack and keep adding to the same sack until it's full. Once full it gets stuck in the bin outside. Never had an issue with smells.

Reactions: 3
This sounds like when my husband told me he would use blue medical gloves for every nappy change so brought 3 boxes home. I’m sure you can guess how many times he actually used the gloves. (Hint: ZERO!)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I might set up a little change station in the bedroom on a chest of drawers for the first couple of months least. Mr R works nights so I’ll be doing most of the night changes on my own so want to make it as easy as possible.
---
This sounds like when my husband told me he would use blue medical gloves for every nappy change so brought 3 boxes home. I’m sure you can guess how many times he actually used the gloves. (Hint: ZERO!)
😂 that’s funny! Mr R would probably do the same if he had access to gloves and any other PPE. He’s terrified about the nappies

I might set up a little change station in the bedroom on a chest of drawers for the first couple of months least. Mr R works nights so I’ll be doing most of the night changes on my own so want to make it as easy as possible.
I had a cute little changing station on top of the chest of drawers for my first and my life changed for the better when i just stopped using it and chucked the mat on the floor and used it there 🤣 not bothering with 2nd baby will probably have a mat for upstairs and one for downstairs

• Haha
Reactions: 2
---

😂 that’s funny! Mr R would probably do the same if he had access to gloves and any other PPE. He’s terrified about the nappies
We still laugh about it now 😂

we have a changing mat upstairs and one downstairs. I just keep the one upstairs tucked up next to my bed. My husband works nights too so its easier to not have to get out of bed everytime!

• Heart
I admire the aspirations from Mr R, I won't say he's in for a rude awakening bit I think his dreams might crumble on night 1 of the baby being home 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I used this which was super useful with all the different compartments, but quite bulky. I also had a little pram organiser attached to the handle if I was just popping out for an hour or so I could put the essentials in. Our travel system came with a bag but it was just like a shoulder bag with one massive pocket and no zip so I ended up not bothering with it as couldn’t ever find anything

Attachments

Struggling to dress at the moment. Just done £250 on Klarna for a big PLT order 😂 to try some stuff. Some maternity some just normal but a size up. Not hopeful on the maternity stuff because I bought a size 6 maternity dress from them the other day and it was huge around the legs… I’m literally still a skinny twig just with a bump! Stuck trying to look somewhat nice

• Heart
MIL keeps going on about Boden baby clothing for boys. Am I missing something?? Was it nice in the 90s? Because all I'm seeing is the usual dinosaurs and trucks on their website ahaha, the way she's talking you'd think it was the cutest tit ever
I've gone to look and not only is their boy stuff not for me, but it only seems to start at 12 months!? So not exactly any use for a baby that's not even born yet.
---
Loads of us seem to be on asprin! Hadn't heard of needing it before this pregnancy where I've been prescribed it for low papp a, but then quite a few people have come out and said they needed it when preg, so seems way more common than I ever knew. Did actually really reassure me as I was quite worried at first.
I've gone back to being a bit worried as I've been told baby is measuring big and my amniotic fluid is measuring low. Before doing anything else they want to rule out GD, so I've got another GTT in a few days after passing the one I did a few weeks ago, dreading it.

:censored:
For changing mats/tables, we got the Ikea Hemnes chest of drawers to put in the baby bedroom when we were setting up for our first, and put a changing mat and caddy on top. We still use it more than once a day and the 2yo is out of nappies, so well worth it - although I'm obviously pregnant and Mr SI had a serious back injury a few years ago, so we're probably less into bending down than other people might be fine with. Used it for all night changes too as our house is small, when I counted even going across the corridor it was only something like 9 steps from my side of the bed in our room to the foot of the 'changing table' in the baby room, so no point having anything in our room.
I'd take day nappies straight out, but for night we just had a roll of small carrier bag style bin bags (like the ones that go in the kitchen compost bin thing) and hung them off his bedroom door by the changing table - newborn nappies don't smell and when they're older it's rare they need a change overnight, let alone it being a poo.
We did try and get away with just having a mat tucked away + caddy down the side of the settee for the downstairs changes, hoped we'd mostly go upstairs. Within 24 hours of being home we'd pulled out the wipe clean tablecloth we had for our niblings visiting and set ourselves up a mini station on there :censored: underestimated how much changing we'd be doing and my mobility. It was a bit low though height wise and I didn't want it taking over the table, so we got one of the cheapest Ikea wooden tables and just had that in the corner of the dining room for the first like...4? months. Looked a state but it was worth it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
If you sign up for Mamas and Papas newsletter you get £25 off £250… every little helps if anyone was thinking of a bigger purchase! Hopefully it applies to any sale items too

Has anyone made use of free dental whilst pregnant? I rang about 10 dentists a month or two ago that said they were taking NHS on - only one had any NHS space and they said email your details to an inbox and you’ll get on the list, but the waiting list in 6 months+. Not heard anything back at all lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
If you sign up for Mamas and Papas newsletter you get £25 off £250… every little helps if anyone was thinking of a bigger purchase! Hopefully it applies to any sale items too

Has anyone made use of free dental whilst pregnant? I rang about 10 dentists a month or two ago that said they were taking NHS on - only one had any NHS space and they said email your details to an inbox and you’ll get on the list, but the waiting list in 6 months+. Not heard anything back at all lol
I go to a private dentist but when I said I’m pregnant he said tell reception I said to put you on the NHS list. They aren’t accepting new NHS patients but obviously could get me on 🤣 but tbh it’s only saved me the cost of a check up, still have to pay for hygienist but assume if i did need any work doing that would be covered.

I registered with a new dentist back in November/December had a consultation and was told I needed root canal and a few filings. I hadn’t been to the dentist for years and my first pregnancy had ruined my teeth so knew I would need a lot done. I was quoted £680 for everything and made an appointment for February, which was the first available! I was too sick to go so cancelled and had my appointment on Tuesday, got everything done for free! I thought I’d at least still have to pay for the filings!
---
Struggling to dress at the moment. Just done £250 on Klarna for a big PLT order 😂 to try some stuff. Some maternity some just normal but a size up. Not hopeful on the maternity stuff because I bought a size 6 maternity dress from them the other day and it was huge around the legs… I’m literally still a skinny twig just with a bump! Stuck trying to look somewhat nice

The only things I’ve bought so far are M&S linen trousers. I’m usually an 8 and ordered a 14 in the hope they do me all pregnancy. They’re a little big just now but have a drawstring waist so I can tie them in. I’m 5’8 so they’re also the only place I can find any trousers long enough! I keep looking for stretchy dresses but the weathers not nice enough yet and I prefer comfy trousers. I’m don’t want to buy loads of maternity so might buy some leggings then get some shirts for work. Last time I just wore my normal clothes but this time I feel huge already and nothing fits!

Last edited:
I wasn't planning on buying anything til I really really needed to, but then an advert for PLT maternity clothes came up on my facebook the other day and a really nice maxi dress caught my eye, I've ordered it thinking it can be my August baby shower outfit. Most organised I've ever been 😅
Also totally off topic but I remember us mentioning sephora a while back, they've finally announced their trafford centre opening date, May 16th!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.