Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope so too because it’s a horrible pain. It feels so tight/sharp around the top of my bump (but apparently not my bump?!) but like sunburn on my skin. I can’t even touch my skin where the pain is and even clothing touching it is hurting. I’m so swollen in my hands, legs and feet too but because my BP was ok they weren’t bothered.

They didn’t mention that @littlepup but I’ll ask about it when they call tomorrow. Other than the vomiting (and they asked about vomiting a lot but eventually decided it was my HG) I don’t have any of the classic symptoms of it tho. But pregnancy has taught me you can have things with none of the obvious symptoms 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I know I’m over the fact I’m not having a girl, but my god when all I ever wanted in life is a Hello Kitty dressed baby girl and that’s somehow currently lined up perfectly as the biggest trend in all the shops, it stings a little that I have to walk past it all and go look at more dinosaur t-shirts 😑 Primark have the SWEETEST Hello Kitty baby collection in.

I said to my boyfriend “What if they told us it’s actually a girl at our 20 week scan on Tuesday?!”. He told me to get real 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I hope so too because it’s a horrible pain. It feels so tight/sharp around the top of my bump (but apparently not my bump?!) but like sunburn on my skin. I can’t even touch my skin where the pain is and even clothing touching it is hurting. I’m so swollen in my hands, legs and feet too but because my BP was ok they weren’t bothered.

They didn’t mention that @littlepup but I’ll ask about it when they call tomorrow. Other than the vomiting (and they asked about vomiting a lot but eventually decided it was my HG) I don’t have any of the classic symptoms of it tho. But pregnancy has taught me you can have things with none of the obvious symptoms 😂
I remembered you had HG which made me think of it but couldn’t remember if you’d said about reflux or anything. Hope they find an explanation for you!

My skin feels exactly the same. Like sun burn or a graze. Was the same last time. Anything touching it is so painful.
I don’t know if the hernia is causing my pain, if they’re not suggesting it for you then probably not. But now I know I have one, I’m clutching that It’s a possible explanation so even if nothing can be done, it should go down after labour 🙏🏽

The bigger I get the less I want to eat though, it’s like a gastric band. Any other time I’d be chuffed with the chance to lose a few lbs but now I’m worrying I’m not gaining like I should 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m 10 weeks and my symptoms have really slowed down, the constant headache I had is gone, my nausea has seem to have gone and tmi but my constipation is getting better and I’m able to go easier. Has anyone else had this?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I remembered you had HG which made me think of it but couldn’t remember if you’d said about reflux or anything. Hope they find an explanation for you!

My skin feels exactly the same. Like sun burn or a graze. Was the same last time. Anything touching it is so painful.
I don’t know if the hernia is causing my pain, if they’re not suggesting it for you then probably not. But now I know I have one, I’m clutching that It’s a possible explanation so even if nothing can be done, it should go down after labour 🙏🏽

The bigger I get the less I want to eat though, it’s like a gastric band. Any other time I’d be chuffed with the chance to lose a few lbs but now I’m worrying I’m not gaining like I should 🙄
I’m definitely going to ask about it. It’s interesting your skin is feeling the same too. I feel like I want to just sit around with no clothes on rubbing cold cream in to my skin all day to soothe it.

It’s all such a worry isn’t it. We worry we’re eating too much, then not enough. I’m sure baby will be ok. I think I read we actually only need an extra 300cals or something a day for baby? 🙈 it is so hard when you can’t eat normally though. I remember worrying so much with my HG that baby wouldn’t grow enough because I kept barely anything down for 16 weeks. He’s on 95th centile though 😬 must be true that they take whatever they need from you first!
---
I’m 10 weeks and my symptoms have really slowed down, the constant headache I had is gone, my nausea has seem to have gone and tmi but my constipation is getting better and I’m able to go easier. Has anyone else had this?
Your placenta will be taking over around now so your symptoms do start to change and ease. I know it’s much easier said than done but try not to worry ❤

• Heart
I’m definitely going to ask about it. It’s interesting your skin is feeling the same too. I feel like I want to just sit around with no clothes on rubbing cold cream in to my skin all day to soothe it.

It’s all such a worry isn’t it. We worry we’re eating too much, then not enough. I’m sure baby will be ok. I think I read we actually only need an extra 300cals or something a day for baby? 🙈 it is so hard when you can’t eat normally though. I remember worrying so much with my HG that baby wouldn’t grow enough because I kept barely anything down for 16 weeks. He’s on 95th centile though 😬 must be true that they take whatever they need from you first!
---

Your placenta will be taking over around now so your symptoms do start to change and ease. I know it’s much easier said than done but try not to worry ❤
Thank you! I did wonder about the placenta, bloody hell I didn’t realise how my anxiety I would have!

I hope you and baby are doing okay ❤

• Heart
Thank you! I did wonder about the placenta, bloody hell I didn’t realise how my anxiety I would have!

I hope you and baby are doing okay ❤
It is so difficult. I didn’t expect my anxiety to be anything like it is either but every little thing worries me. Being sick I worried, not being sick I worried, bleeding I worried, bleeding stopped and I worried, I worry if he’s moving too much and worry if he’s not moving as much as normal, if I’m in pain I worry but then if the pain stops I worry about why it’s stopped. I think I’m going to be grey by the time he’s born!!

Literally this! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I am nearly 17 weeks and can't seem to keep my anxiety at bay. Not feeling any movement yet and was told my placenta is at the front so this will stop me feeling anything. I have no reason to think anything is wrong but convinced that it is. Every birth or pregnancy announcement I see (there are lots at the mo!) makes me more anxious despite being pregnant myself 😣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
These pregnancy dreams are getting out of hand. Last week it was a one night stand with Stephen Mulhern, then the Prince Andrew one... Well last night I dreamt I was pregnant with turtles. Turtles ffs. And they were all in my shoulder instead of the usual womb/belly.
I think I need my head checking 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just had our 12 week scan and everything looks normal 💖 can’t believe there’s an actual tiny baby inside me. It’s actually measuring 13 weeks today!
---
I am nearly 17 weeks and can't seem to keep my anxiety at bay. Not feeling any movement yet and was told my placenta is at the front so this will stop me feeling anything. I have no reason to think anything is wrong but convinced that it is. Every birth or pregnancy announcement I see (there are lots at the mo!) makes me more anxious despite being pregnant myself 😣
I feel you, could you shop around for some private scans just for some reassurance?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes, it's perfectly normal for symptoms to fluctuate. Easier said than done but try not to hyper-fixate on the symptoms too much as they really do chop and change all the time and that's normal. They're also not an indicator of how well things are progressing. My advice would be to just enjoy the days where the symptoms are at bay :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Of course as soon as I was on the monitor Baby R decided to have a party. Hes ok but my heart rate is going sky high and they think that or my liver is what’s causing my pain because it’s above the top of my uterus so not the baby. Had bloods and got to wait for a call from them tomorrow with next steps depending on if it shows anything and go back if I don’t feel better 🙃 also got to have yet another GTT because I had +++ glucose, ffs.
Awwww very pleased baby boy is all ok. ❤ how you doing now??

• Heart
I know I’m over the fact I’m not having a girl, but my god when all I ever wanted in life is a Hello Kitty dressed baby girl and that’s somehow currently lined up perfectly as the biggest trend in all the shops, it stings a little that I have to walk past it all and go look at more dinosaur t-shirts 😑 Primark have the SWEETEST Hello Kitty baby collection in.

I said to my boyfriend “What if they told us it’s actually a girl at our 20 week scan on Tuesday?!”. He told me to get real 🤣
Completely feel this, actually want to cry walking past the aisles upon aisles of beautiful girls clothes to look at the singular aisle of navy blue monstrosities covered in dinosaurs, tractors and boats 🤣🤣

• Haha
Has anyone else got gestational diabetes ? Had my test yesterday and have been told I’ve got it. Looked at all the food I should be avoiding/ limiting and it’s basically my diet with my food aversions. The next 15 weeks are going to be fun!

• Heart
MIL keeps going on about Boden baby clothing for boys. Am I missing something?? Was it nice in the 90s? Because all I'm seeing is the usual dinosaurs and trucks on their website ahaha, the way she's talking you'd think it was the cutest tit ever

• Haha
Has anyone else got gestational diabetes ? Had my test yesterday and have been told I’ve got it. Looked at all the food I should be avoiding/ limiting and it’s basically my diet with my food aversions. The next 15 weeks are going to be fun!
I had it! The Gestational Diabetes UK Facebook group (and website) will be your best friend. The community on the Facebook group is so helpful, there were so many people I saw posting there struggling with the diet and food aversions.

I don’t know what advice you’ve been given by the diabetes midwives but some trusts can give quite out of date advice. Basically any carbs need to be paired with fats/protein, so you can have a small amount of chocolate if you eat some cheese and nuts first.

I found I could tolerate the Warburton thin seeded bagels (in green packaging) with Lurpak/Philadelphia and peanut butter or Marmite quite well. Yoghurt will be your new best friend if you can have it - the full fat Greek yoghurt (not Greek style) or Skyr is best. Also protein yoghurts like Lindahl’s Kvarg etc are good.

Any pasta, have lots of meat with it. Be careful with potatoes, sausages. Have lots of eggs. It takes a while to get to grips with everything but you’ll get there ❤

• Heart
The personalised gowns on My1styears are honestly so sweet. And they currently have a 30% sale on. If you already know your names that is 🤣 I think we do, but I could go loopy and change so I’m going to put Baby (Last name)

• Heart
I've just gone to get more asprin from Boots and the pharmacy counter lady refused to sell it to me when she realised I was pregnant. I told her I can show her my maternity care notes where the midwives and doctor have told me I have to take 150mg daily for my placenta but she still refused me. Fuming!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.