Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep seeing all over my Tiktok FYP and also on a couple due date groups I'm in people recommending the Owlet smart sock. I was just wondering if anyone on here has used one with a previous baby and recommends it?

I mentioned it to my partner and he said although it sounds amazing in theory, as I am a really anxious person he thinks it would actually make me more anxious as I'd be checking it continuously. Just wondered other peoples thoughts?
Hello! I bought them for my twins when they came home from hospital as I was so used to them being on monitoring equipment and the sock actually fed into my anxiety. I would sit and watch it and even the slightest fluctuation would have me panicking when I didn’t need too.
It’s a very individual thing and whether you believe you’d take the information as is or whether it would heighten your anxiety and leave you on edge even more.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think I’m just going to get a normal wifi camera and try and keep it covered when it not in use.

I think the owlet sock would give me more anxiety so not planning on buying one but will see how I feel as I get closer !

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We were going to get an owlet sock but then I read some really awful stories where the sock didn’t alert when it should have and had a terrible outcome so I decided it would probably do nothing to ease my anxiety after that and I was better off relying on physical sight/sound of baby.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
What pram is everyone getting? I am so torn which one to get, I really want the iCandy Peach 7 travel system but the price is putting me off! Is it worth spending more for the travel system or are some of the cheaper options just as good? I'm planning on going somewhere like Mamas & Papas to try prams out so I can test them in person.

What pram is everyone getting? I am so torn which one to get, I really want the iCandy Peach 7 travel system but the price is putting me off! Is it worth spending more for the travel system or are some of the cheaper options just as good? I'm planning on going somewhere like Mamas & Papas to try prams out so I can test them in person.
We've ordered the Egg3 for this baby but had an Ickle Bubba one for my last, I loved the Ickle Bubba one and it was a third the price of the egg one we've ordered. The Egg just has some features my partner really likes, like the handles extending (he's a giant) and we have a bit more money this time round so it's a big treat for us.
Personally though I probably would've just used the cheaper one again!
I guess it really just depends on how much you'll think you'll use it and if you even like how it feels when you push it! I tried some that everyone loves and I HATED them haha

Reactions: 2
We got a silver cross travel system. I wouldn’t recommend ordering from them purely for their customer service/delivery which is a disappointment for such an established company. I was so excited to get it delivered but it’s come in about 5 separate deliveries over 2 weeks so far, we’re still waiting for bits and it came a month later than it should have (which is frustrating when it was ordered so early to avoid that!). I imagine they’d be ok if you went through someone else like a pram shop, John Lewis etc as they’ll deal with the customer service and delivery side but it’s just been a nightmare for us and really put me off. I haven’t even got any of it out of the box yet as it’s really taken the excitement out of it.
I think the worst bit was after chasing it for weeks they emailed to say it was on its way, would be delivered the next morning. Mr R took a day off thinking big boxes etc, waited in all day. Eventually got a delivery at 9pm and it was just the adaptors for the car seat and nothing else. So if you decide on a silver cross, don’t go direct through them! 😅

Reactions: 5
We got a silver cross travel system. I wouldn’t recommend ordering from them purely for their customer service/delivery which is a disappointment for such an established company. I was so excited to get it delivered but it’s come in about 5 separate deliveries over 2 weeks so far, we’re still waiting for bits and it came a month later than it should have (which is frustrating when it was ordered so early to avoid that!). I imagine they’d be ok if you went through someone else like a pram shop, John Lewis etc as they’ll deal with the customer service and delivery side but it’s just been a nightmare for us and really put me off. I haven’t even got any of it out of the box yet as it’s really taken the excitement out of it.
I think the worst bit was after chasing it for weeks they emailed to say it was on its way, would be delivered the next morning. Mr R took a day off thinking big boxes etc, waited in all day. Eventually got a delivery at 9pm and it was just the adaptors for the car seat and nothing else. So if you decide on a silver cross, don’t go direct through them! 😅
Silver Cross Tide was one of my options so I will keep that in mind! What a pain for you though, you would expect better getting it direct from them!
---
We've ordered the Egg3 for this baby but had an Ickle Bubba one for my last, I loved the Ickle Bubba one and it was a third the price of the egg one we've ordered. The Egg just has some features my partner really likes, like the handles extending (he's a giant) and we have a bit more money this time round so it's a big treat for us.
Personally though I probably would've just used the cheaper one again!
I guess it really just depends on how much you'll think you'll use it and if you even like how it feels when you push it! I tried some that everyone loves and I HATED them haha
Ahh thank you I will have a look at Ickle Bubba. Yeah I think I definitely need to try, I don't want to order one and then struggle to use it!

Reactions: 1
My dream pram is the Peach 7. Again the issue is the price. It’s just aesthetically beyond all the others in my opinion.

We’ve been lucky to have been gifted a Silvercross system by my uncle that he’s used but to be honest his son is 9 now… so it’ll be about 10 years old. It’s a bit bulky compared to the ones now - but I appreciate it cost over a grand new too. And it’s in good condition. If either my parents or OH’s parents offer us the iCandy I’ll probably cry out of happiness because we probably don’t have the means to try and get it now we’ve been gifted one.

20 week scan today, all well (but need to go back to have heart checked) so lovely to see them again!

But good lord I hate consultants, it's like they don't know how to human.

Have put it off but finally had to start blood thinning injections due to my risk factors and I was in floods of tears about it. I just don't feel like non-medically trained people should be left to administer injections. It's so alien. So they showed my husband because no way am I going to be in any fit state to do it myself.

So this is me for the next 26 weeks. Daily injections and dreading it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Feel like all I’m doing is complaining right now but I don’t really have anybody else I can speak to. I’m getting so fed up of all the negative comments from people who have kids like they ruin your life, you aren’t going to be able to do what I do now etc etc
I’m not naive I know how difficult it is but when you’ve struggled to get where you are and receiving comments like this it’s so mentally exhausting. I’ve woken up this morning to my friend saying ‘don’t have kids it’s a trap’ when she knew I was going for my bloods checked.
just feeling so emotional this week it’s awful
Kids 100% change your life, it’s true, but not all of it is bad. When I just had my eldest, we still went to stay with friends, out for meals, he just came along and did what I did, he was such an easy baby. Once I had two, it was slightly harder, but they grow, and you adapt and actually I found that I prefer doing stuff with them that makes them happy. A lot of the time it’s just the 3 of us as my partner works away/late/weekends, we have a great routine and have fun together.

Do I sometimes look back at my pre kids life and miss the freedom (and the money) I had? Do I sometimes wish I could have a day to myself? Do I find it hard and wonder why I bother when they are ungrateful little gits and backchat me constantly? Yes to all of these but I wouldn’t change it

The good parts (mostly) outweigh the bad parts, and if it’s the other way round it’s usually a phase before the good wins again. You’ll love it (and probably hate it in equal measures sometimes but that’s ok) xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
20 week scan today, all well (but need to go back to have heart checked) so lovely to see them again!

But good lord I hate consultants, it's like they don't know how to human.

Have put it off but finally had to start blood thinning injections due to my risk factors and I was in floods of tears about it. I just don't feel like non-medically trained people should be left to administer injections. It's so alien. So they showed my husband because no way am I going to be in any fit state to do it myself.

So this is me for the next 26 weeks. Daily injections and dreading it.
I start mine next week, really not looking forward to it 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry what were both of your factors that meant you need this? I am currently on aspirin apparently to thin my blood due to my low BMI. Is this in my future???

@Hashtagnotspon
Mine is my high BMI, age and my arthritis. So I suspect you'll be OK! They probably would have already mentioned it. I was told at 12 weeks but put it off but as you go through pregnancy the risk increases so couldn't really put it off any longer.

Mine is my high BMI, age and my arthritis. So I suspect you'll be OK! They probably would have already mentioned it. I was told at 12 weeks but put it off but as you go through pregnancy the risk increases so couldn't really put it off any longer.
☹ It doesn’t sound pleasant at all. Hope it’s all okay going forward xx

Reactions: 1
I have gone for the iCandy Peach 7, was between that and an oyster or iCandy Core. Would defo recommend going and trying them, we went to the pram centre and we were in the shop for hours wheeling prams around and the staff were super helpful. For us the iCandy was expensive but for me it felt the most comfortable to manouvre and it suited both me and my partner which are very different in height and size. Im petite at 5ft1 and he is 6ft2 and we found that a lot of the travel systems either didnt work for me as it was too heavy and hard to manouvre or was uncomfortable for him with the height of the bar. We also are planning to have a second in the not too distant future so the fact it covers to a double was a big selling point and made us exclude the icandy core.

Anyone else having dodgy belly’s (feeling horrible and having loose poos) often??

I’m 33 weeks and it keeps happening to me recently - seen that apparently it’s a sign of labour approaching but obviously I am very much not ready for that! 😅

Just wondering if this is something others have experienced? Thank you

Mr Brew isn't caving and agreeing to an early private gender scan so I've done what I was determined not to do and joined a few nub theory Facebook groups. First one gets accepted and the admin says no idea hahaha. I just want to know more about whose lodging in there 🤣
Second group finally accepted and their admin said the same thing! Cheeky baby brew is already playing games and making us wait 😅

• Haha
Anyone else having dodgy belly’s (feeling horrible and having loose poos) often??

I’m 33 weeks and it keeps happening to me recently - seen that apparently it’s a sign of labour approaching but obviously I am very much not ready for that! 😅

Wish I had this problem. I’m still in the constipation phase and can only go with Lactulose 🤮🤢

• Sad

I'm 32 weeks and it was happening to me the other day. Luckily I haven't experienced and constipation my entire pregnancy, but I put the dodgy belly down to eating too much crap because my sugar/chocolate cravings are insane. I just ate less for a few days and it righted itself 🤣 I've realised I can't handle as much food anymore

Yes for the past couple of weeks, until then it was the complete opposite 😅

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.