Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well my absolute freak out yesterday and this morning seems to have been for nothing. Private scan place got me in today so saw baby boy, he was just relaxing with his arms behind his head without a care in the world 😂 surrounded by a normal amount of amniotic fluid and his tummy and bladder were full, yay! And magically my dicharge has now gone straight back to being white and thicker rather than like water so it must’ve just been one of those things. Never expected pregnancy to be as difficult as it has been, but he’s worth everything.

For the people in first trimester worrying about symptoms coming and going, please don’t worry. I know it’s hard not to when symptoms are all you have to go off of but it’s so normal. I actually had to take myself off of this thread and avoid anything pregnancy related from 9 weeks because I got myself into such a panic about symptoms coming and going but it’s so normal - and the sickness really does come back, even if it goes away for a few days!!!

Sorry, I’ve accidentally written an essay but sending soooo much love to you all, this really is the nicest, most supportive pregnancy forum on the internet ❤❤❤❤
So glad you got to see baby boy and he’s just chilling in there! It’s always such a relief to see after a scare isn’t it ❤ I remember going for a scan after having a massive bleed and he was just sat in there happy as Larry resting his head on his hand without a care in the world while I’d been having sleepless nights and constantly poking my belly hoping to feel him move for some reassurance while I waited 😂 little monkeys!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
What?!! 😰 they have to do a risk assessment as soon as you tell them you’re pregnant, legally. I usually do them that shift because otherwise I forget because my brain is a sieve, but our policy is within 7 days of notification of pregnancy (8 for a 1 day worker) and I’d imagine that isn’t too far off the legal guidelines as we’re a huge national company so our policy tends to go by the law on stuff like that. They should also be regularly reviewing it as your pregnancy progresses and your physical needs change. I do one as soon as they tell me, then review after 12 and 20 week scans and then review every 4 weeks but it is a physically demanding job for my team so I tend to do more than required. Other departments that are less physical don’t do so many but still review 3-4 times through pregnancy. They should also do an updated risk assessment whenever you ask for one.

Do you have access to your risk assessment template? I’d be tempted to fill it out yourself and then take it to your boss to be signed off with any adjustments you need. Have they even made adjustments for you?? If you’re office based have they looked at your desk/chair set up etc as your growing bump puts pressure on your back/means you’re sat further away from your desk? Allowed you extra time to get up and wander around so you’re not sat in the same position putting pressure on your pelvis? Adjusted breaks or working hours if required? Have they even let you have paid time off for appts and scans? 😰 they sound terrible! Your other half is right, call in sick that week. It’s really not worth the risk.
Nope! There's been nothing. I have asked a few times but nothing has come of it. Yesterday they asked something of me and I said "I'm still waiting for that risk assessment anyway so you'll get that when I get my assessment" and he thought I was joking! We're a tiny firm with no HR so it's a bit awkward, they're very relaxed about everything.
I am office based and I spoke to them recently about pelvic pain and explained I was finding the chair really uncomfortable but nothing has come of that yet. Fortunately I have been able to just go to my appts and scans with no questions asked, so I can't moan there. I can get up and walk round whenever I want too.
---
Well my absolute freak out yesterday and this morning seems to have been for nothing. Private scan place got me in today so saw baby boy, he was just relaxing with his arms behind his head without a care in the world 😂 surrounded by a normal amount of amniotic fluid and his tummy and bladder were full, yay! And magically my dicharge has now gone straight back to being white and thicker rather than like water so it must’ve just been one of those things. Never expected pregnancy to be as difficult as it has been, but he’s worth everything.

For the people in first trimester worrying about symptoms coming and going, please don’t worry. I know it’s hard not to when symptoms are all you have to go off of but it’s so normal. I actually had to take myself off of this thread and avoid anything pregnancy related from 9 weeks because I got myself into such a panic about symptoms coming and going but it’s so normal - and the sickness really does come back, even if it goes away for a few days!!!

Sorry, I’ve accidentally written an essay but sending soooo much love to you all, this really is the nicest, most supportive pregnancy forum on the internet ❤❤❤❤
I'm so glad everything was ok! Sounds like he was super chilled wondering what all the fuss was about! 😂 x

• Heart
Reactions: 1

so glad everything is okay with you both!

yess I think tiktok is fuelling my anxiety, I’ve blocked certain words but I’m still getting videos of things that I’ve tried to censor. wish we didn’t have social media sometimes 🤣

• Heart
Mr Brew isn't caving and agreeing to an early private gender scan so I've done what I was determined not to do and joined a few nub theory Facebook groups. First one gets accepted and the admin says no idea hahaha. I just want to know more about whose lodging in there 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Nope! There's been nothing. I have asked a few times but nothing has come of it. Yesterday they asked something of me and I said "I'm still waiting for that risk assessment anyway so you'll get that when I get my assessment" and he thought I was joking! We're a tiny firm with no HR so it's a bit awkward, they're very relaxed about everything.
I am office based and I spoke to them recently about pelvic pain and explained I was finding the chair really uncomfortable but nothing has come of that yet. Fortunately I have been able to just go to my appts and scans with no questions asked, so I can't moan there. I can get up and walk round whenever I want too.
That’s so bad! If they haven’t done anything after you’ve complained about your chair regarding pelvic pain can you get an occupational health referral so they can assess? I had a new chair bought for me…and used it once before going off completely 🤣 it might be worth speaking to ACAS or pregnant then screwed to get some advice on your rights and things you can quote at them so they take you more seriously. No risk assessment when you’re over half way is shocking. If something went wrong (I’m not saying it will) then they’d be absolutely screwed
---
Mr Brew isn't caving and agreeing to an early private gender scan so I've done what I was determined not to do and joined a few nub theory Facebook groups. First one gets accepted and the admin says no idea hahaha. I just want to know more about whose lodging in there 🤣
Just book a secret scan 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m so fed up today 🤣 Everything hurts and I’m so uncomfortable. I feel like I walk like a penguin and I feel like I’ve gained about 30 stone

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m so fed up today 🤣 Everything hurts and I’m so uncomfortable. I feel like I walk like a penguin and I feel like I’ve gained about 30 stone
Me too 😩 I want to cry I’m in so much pain today. Just been trying to sort the nursery now it’s finally decorated and furniture in but I can barely move. My bump feels rock hard and like there’s a really tight band around my ribs/back/stomach and insane pressure in my pelvis 😩 I think I’ve spent more time sat on the floor trying to breathe through the pain or trying not to cry than I have actually sorting stuff out. I wish I could just leave it a couple days but I need to sort his room and get everything in there so I’ve got space to empty our room to be decorated this weekend. Ughhhh

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just had a cheeky gender scan at 17 weeks.
Baby See is looking perfect and is a boy. There was no denying! A little disappointed, I won’t lie but very relieved all looks great.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just had a cheeky gender scan at 17 weeks.
Baby See is looking perfect and is a boy. There was no denying! A little disappointed, I won’t lie but very relieved all looks great.
Congratulations on your baby boy 🩵🩵🩵🩵 I admittedly felt the same initially but once you come to terms with it (which won’t take long) you’ll be over the moon 💖

• Heart
That’s so bad! If they haven’t done anything after you’ve complained about your chair regarding pelvic pain can you get an occupational health referral so they can assess? I had a new chair bought for me…and used it once before going off completely 🤣 it might be worth speaking to ACAS or pregnant then screwed to get some advice on your rights and things you can quote at them so they take you more seriously. No risk assessment when you’re over half way is shocking. If something went wrong (I’m not saying it will) then they’d be absolutely screwed
---

Just book a secret scan 😂
I wish you were my manager 😂 considering I work in the public sector you’d think they’d do all the stuff properly.

• Heart
I wish you were my manager 😂 considering I work in the public sector you’d think they’d do all the stuff properly.
You’d think so! It really winds me up when companies are so lax with health and safety, especially when it comes to pregnant women. Make sure you stick up for yourself and ask for what you need.

I mentioned a while ago about struggling with heart burn but omeprozole not helping and gaviscon being my worse enemy. Well, I have heard about a miracle that works.....Love Heart Sweets!!!! Tasty and helping my heartburn so much!

Has anyone’s dog changed since they’ve been pregnant?! I don’t know whether to buy into it all or not but a lot of things online say your dog does know through smell etc that you’re expecting. It might be pure luck and timing but honestly recently my dog has regressed so much and is just acting up constantly. Overbearing, always wanting to sit on my tummy and just being really naughty 😂 he’s past being a puppy now as well and up until recently has been so calm finally and it’s all changed again

• Haha
obvs not sure where any of you work but pregnancy is a protected characteristic under the equality act. if you're having issues it's worth checking which enforcing authority you'd fall under and raising a concern - especially public sector @Laughalong!
https://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/authority.htm

eta - here's a page on what outcomes to expect, covers 6 months postpartum, breastfeeding etc too

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Has anyone’s dog changed since they’ve been pregnant?! I don’t know whether to buy into it all or not but a lot of things online say your dog does know through smell etc that you’re expecting. It might be pure luck and timing but honestly recently my dog has regressed so much and is just acting up constantly. Overbearing, always wanting to sit on my tummy and just being really naughty 😂 he’s past being a puppy now as well and up until recently has been so calm finally and it’s all changed again
I definitely think they know what’s going on! One of MIL’s dogs doesn’t leave me alone since I’ve been pregnant. She always wants her head on my belly and lies there peacefully even though she’s generally pretty lively and wants attention all the time. She won’t leave me alone at all, and she was the same with SIL when she was pregnant. When we were both there and pregnant she’d go between us but do the same with her head on our bumps. If we sat together she’d literally wedge herself in between us, paw on one of us and head on the other. The other dog runs away from me now as if I’m carrying some kind of dog repellent 😂
Interestingly the dog that’s got clingy is really good with SIL’s babies, she will sit by their car seats or the next to me and just watch and if one stirs or their dummy falls out she will pace between BIL/SIL/MIL and the next to me until someone goes over, or she’ll curl up on the floor next to them if they’re sleeping. I think she thinks she’s their mum 😂 The other dog just barks at them and sprints away if they make any noise, even a little squeak and she’s gone. She hides most of the time any of us are there. Shes always been a timid little thing though, it’s just worse now.
So I definitely think they can sense it and sometimes have that instinct to protect/care about the baby.
Must add they’re never left alone with the babies 😊

• Heart
But why did I dream last night that I bumped into Prince Andrew, he could tell I was pregnant and so he started a discussion about family cars with me. Whyyy 😖🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Dogs deffo know something is up! We don’t have any but my partners family - his Nan and Mum live next door and sometimes the family go round and there ends up being 4 dogs there. Their all jack russell’s. I went round once and sat down and all 4 of them came and sat on me and kept sniffing my stomach and starting shaking. I looked like the dog whisperer 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ahh my dog is a tough one!! She was going through phantom pregnancies when I first got pregnant and she attacked my husband. We got her spayed etc and she’s been fine ever since and completely changed with other dogs too. I’m sure she could also sense my hormones. 6 weeks pregnant this time, I went to pick up dog biscuits from the floor and she attacked me. I’m convinced she must sense something different for this to happen both times when I’ve been around 6 weeks! We’ve thought about re-homing her and all other options because we are scared to have her around babies but she’s old now and won’t have much long left so we still have her and she is completely fine.

My dog doesn’t really bother with me, also she is huge so not a lap dog but when I was pregnant first time we went to my husbands uncles house who has a French bull dog who just had a litter of puppies and they were all attached to me!

• Sad

Awwww very pleased you and baby boy are all well. ❤ we had a scare with baby girl the other day but turns out she's just pure drama and theatrics already. I'm half way through in a few days and already feel like I'm gonna miss pregnancy as hard as its been this time around.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Awwww very pleased you and baby boy are all well. ❤ we had a scare with baby girl the other day but turns out she's just pure drama and theatrics already. I'm half way through in a few days and already feel like I'm gonna miss pregnancy as hard as its been this time around.
How are you halfway already?? 😱 that’s gone so fast (for me, probably not for you!)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.