Pregnancy #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think dogs definitely know something's going on too! Mine has always been a bit of a velcro dog to me, but since being pregnant he sticks to me like glue. If I'm in the bath he'll always be sat next to me, won't leave. When I'm on the loo my bf has sent me pics of the dog sat outside like a little security guard 😂 He's cuddly anyway but we've noticed now when he lays with me his head or paw is always on the bump. It's really sweet I love it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
How are you halfway already?? 😱 that’s gone so fast (for me, probably not for you!)
No its been hard but also gone really fast for me as well! Saying to my fella it's crazy a whole new person's gonna be here in roughly 4 or so months. It's going too fast for my liking. I don't want anymore after this one but he's up for more. I'd love a huge family but with the 2 current youngest having special needs I've decided there's room for one more and that's it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Feel like all I’m doing is complaining right now but I don’t really have anybody else I can speak to. I’m getting so fed up of all the negative comments from people who have kids like they ruin your life, you aren’t going to be able to do what I do now etc etc
I’m not naive I know how difficult it is but when you’ve struggled to get where you are and receiving comments like this it’s so mentally exhausting. I’ve woken up this morning to my friend saying ‘don’t have kids it’s a trap’ when she knew I was going for my bloods checked.
just feeling so emotional this week it’s awful

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I keep seeing all over my Tiktok FYP and also on a couple due date groups I'm in people recommending the Owlet smart sock. I was just wondering if anyone on here has used one with a previous baby and recommends it?

I mentioned it to my partner and he said although it sounds amazing in theory, as I am a really anxious person he thinks it would actually make me more anxious as I'd be checking it continuously. Just wondered other peoples thoughts?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I keep seeing all over my Tiktok FYP and also on a couple due date groups I'm in people recommending the Owlet smart sock. I was just wondering if anyone on here has used one with a previous baby and recommends it?

I mentioned it to my partner and he said although it sounds amazing in theory, as I am a really anxious person he thinks it would actually make me more anxious as I'd be checking it continuously. Just wondered other peoples thoughts?
I read that the sock was really good, but the camera is a bit rubbish.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

If budget allows, I want one. I’m far too dramatic and like to know every single piece of information possible so it would give me reassurance

I’ve bought it with the camera because I know anxiety will be through the roof and I thought it would help but now I’m seeing loads of stuff about the cam getting hacked and I’m scared 😩 I’ve passed the time to return it now anyway but I am feeling apprehensive about it and will maybe just use the sock. My friend recommended snuz hero but when I read reviews i saw a few that said the alert wasn’t loud enough to wake someone sleeping

I’d love to know peoples opinions on them too, but speaking as someone who was extremely anxious after giving birth to my first, even if I could afford them for the twins this time around, I’m not sure I’d buy them.

I definitely took it to the extreme and would set my alarm every hour to check on baby (assuming they didn’t already wake to feed before that) and I drove myself mad with intrusive thoughts. I like to think (and hope!) that this time I’ll be a little bit more relaxed (although it’s worth pointing out it is normal to worry about your baby, that’s parenthood forever!) but I feel like if I had an owlet I would obsess as much as I did the last time and focus more on trusting the device and numbers than actually using my common sense and eyes to visibly check they are well?

I’m not really sure what I’m trying to say here 🤣 I’m sure there are plenty of people who have positive experiences with them, but I do think they should be used with caution.

I think it’s really important to follow the advice of The Lullaby Trust and they advise a movement monitor (like a Snuza) over an Owlet. There’s info on the website that might help you decide whether it’s right for you ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Has everyone gone with a wifi camera or just normal? I know about the supposed risks of a wifi camera being hacked, but I liked the idea of my boyfriend being able to see the baby when he’s at work. He’s a bit soft like that and would probs watch it all day 🤣

We’ll probably get the vtech wifi one anyway and then decide. I just think it’s minuscule the overall risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

My in-laws bought us the Owlet sock (not with the camera) and I’ve found it so reassuring. However, our lil man is quite small so we get frequent notifications that it’s moved out of place which can be a bit annoying, but it was dead cute when he was moving in his sleep and the app said [Baby Parsley] is wriggling 🥹 I know someone else had one and also found it helpful

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has everyone gone with a wifi camera or just normal? I know about the supposed risks of a wifi camera being hacked, but I liked the idea of my boyfriend being able to see the baby when he’s at work. He’s a bit soft like that and would probs watch it all day 🤣

We’ll probably get the vtech wifi one anyway and then decide. I just think it’s minuscule the overall risk.
This is why we wanted the cam for when hubby away more than for monitoring them when we are both indoors but apparently thats when they are more at risk of getting hacked. I see the vtech one recommended a lot!

This is why we wanted the cam for when hubby away more than for monitoring them when we are both indoors but apparently thats when they are more at risk of getting hacked. I see the vtech one recommended a lot!
You’re definitely more prone to being hacked if it’s a smart wi-fi one (so one with an app) vs a normal one was they’ll be running on bluetooth and require no internet connection. Because obviously that’s how they do the hacking. The chances of a bluetooth one being able to be hacked is probably closer to 0% (don’t quote me hehe just pulling out my IT knowledge). But I’m just thinking what are they going to be able to see? My baby asleep? I’ll probably just do it. You could live in fear of all this forever, we have a dog camera in our living room with the same premise, it’s wifi. And you’d catch a lot more action in there.

The v-tech ones seem to be most highly recommended in terms of cost and function.

Reactions: 2
Feel like all I’m doing is complaining right now but I don’t really have anybody else I can speak to. I’m getting so fed up of all the negative comments from people who have kids like they ruin your life, you aren’t going to be able to do what I do now etc etc
I’m not naive I know how difficult it is but when you’ve struggled to get where you are and receiving comments like this it’s so mentally exhausting. I’ve woken up this morning to my friend saying ‘don’t have kids it’s a trap’ when she knew I was going for my bloods checked.
Sorry people are telling you that. Yes it's hard but it's also beautiful and rewarding. Please don't stress yourself out and try to not let these people get to you.

I don't have any kids yet (first time pregnant) but one of my good friends has a daughter who is almost 3 and she is living her best life! Her husband is really supportive and will look after their daughter so my friend is able to do stuff on her own. They have a lot of fun as a family too and I'm going to use her as my mum role model. So there are definitely positive stories out there.

I think people just think they're being amusing. I bet they wouldn't change their lives and kids for the world.

Reactions: 4
Anyone any tips on how to deep clean pram seats? Another rant about my in laws, they look after my toddler twice a week and every time they bring the pram back it is filthy, things in the basket, old rotten fruit and sweets etc and then things also stuffed on top of the hood. There’s a big stain on the hood because my MIL decided to put superglue on it! We never use the pram so I’m so annoyed the state it is in with them. I’m trying to decide whether to keep this one and buy extras for this baby, will need new rain covers because they’ve also ripped them.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Anyone any tips on how to deep clean pram seats? Another rant about my in laws, they look after my toddler twice a week and every time they bring the pram back it is filthy, things in the basket, old rotten fruit and sweets etc and then things also stuffed on top of the hood. There’s a big stain on the hood because my MIL decided to put superglue on it! We never use the pram so I’m so annoyed the state it is in with them. I’m trying to decide whether to keep this one and buy extras for this baby, will need new rain covers because they’ve also ripped them.
There’s professional pram cleaning services where they fully sterilise and deep clean it and get most stains out. Google / facebook search one close to you. Of course this isn’t a great idea if they regularly babysit

I’d also be having a word about it if you haven’t already… that’s really rude and unacceptable!!

We had a BT one last time, still have it but not sure if we will even use it because I didn’t think it was that great. If we do get one it definitely won’t be a wifi one. We recently had our wifi hacked and found out people were using it for dodgy stuff, no idea how it happened because we consider ourselves very tech savvy and aware of passwords etc but my husband also has this house with everything linked up to smart things for turning on the tv and lights etc so I guess it’s easier to get in through these things. I wouldn’t trust using a wifi one now but also, the risk is probably very, very minor!
---
There’s professional pram cleaning services where they fully sterilise and deep clean it and get most stains out. Google / facebook search one close to you. Of course this isn’t a great idea if they regularly babysit

I’d also be having a word about it if you haven’t already… that’s really rude and unacceptable!!
I’ve said to them before and they deny it’s them that does anything 😂 I’m going to be telling them if they look after this next baby they can buy a cheap pram themselves that they can keep at their house.

Last edited:
I got a second hand pram and got new fabrics without replacing the frame as it had a sun bleached hood. £50ish. Also got a full set from eBay with the hood and basinette cover that fleecy so machine washable in a beige colour which was cute in winter. I T-cut and back to black the frame, used the new hood, scrubbed the seat fabric with a stiff brush and dettol and it honestly looked brand new. If you can get it clean, get a washable seat liner so they can’t tit it up again.

Re sleep monitors, we used the snuzza hero and it really alleviated my anxiety. It did go off the first night and give me a panic attack because I’d not attached it properly but never had a false alarm again. I’d say it’s loud enough if they’re right next to you.

Monitors wise, I didn’t want wi-fi as I actually didn’t want to find myself compelled to check it all the time if we went out. I really struggled to find one with enough range though so ended up with a blink camera and a hello baby long range one after trying 4-5 and agonising over it. Except then we never really use/used it. Baby was always in the room with us either in a Moses or their next to me until about 9 months. When I tried to move them into a cot in a different room at night but that was a total failure and we ended up cosleeping. So I probably used it for about 3 weeks when we tried to transition then for daytime naps once they didn’t need direct supervision if they happened to be napping in a different room as I’d often nap the I the travel cot in the living room.
We never did black out blinds, silence etc as they’d sleep anywhere so a baby that needs their naps in one sleep environment would be different.

I asked about the owlet and nanit band in another thread and it was mixed reviews in that the false alarms and constant checking can be worse for anxiety. I need to do some proper research and decide whether something like that would make me worse!

I’ll probs get a normal camera as our Wi-Fi is tit and constantly drops in the middle of the night (I only know this because I get a regular 3am notification that the Blink camera for the dog has gone offline 🙄). If anyone tried to hack the blink they would be very disappointed because we are boring AF 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We've got 3 wifi cameras round our house to keep an eye on the dog and naively I hadn't ever considered they might get hacked and now I'm panicking because the other day I had to do the mad naked run from the bathroom to the tumble dryer in the kitchen where there's a camera because I forgot my towel when I went for a shower and maybe some creepy hacker freak has seen me naked 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.