Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I officially can’t see my downstairs department. Good job I’ve been keeping on top of it 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Have they arranged a scan for you to check the location of your pregnancy if they suspect it’s ectopic? Hope you’re ok and the pain eases with no further issues ❤
They scanned me but can't give me an answer .... there's a sac with nothing in it so don't know if too early to see anything and I've got fluid in my tubes so going back tomorrow for more scans to see if my hcg has went up as they said it's a little low xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This is probably a stupid question but what is everyone planning to wear for labour? When I had my first I wasn't expecting to be admitted so rocked up in leggings and a jumper only to deliver him shortly after with my knickers still round my ankles 😂
First one I knew i wanted a water birth so packed a bikini and a cover top thing. I ended up basically being naked the whole time 😂
This one - I expect more the same. Might stretch to a bikini top this time 😂

Reactions: 1
I just realised I’ve had my 12 week scan and am booked in for my 20 week anomaly scan.. is that the next time I’ll be getting a scan in the hospital? My appointment is in May!! That seems so far away 😭

They scanned me but can't give me an answer .... there's a sac with nothing in it so don't know if too early to see anything and I've got fluid in my tubes so going back tomorrow for more scans to see if my hcg has went up as they said it's a little low xxxx
I'll keep everything crossed for you xx

• Heart
I just realised I’ve had my 12 week scan and am booked in for my 20 week anomaly scan.. is that the next time I’ll be getting a scan in the hospital? My appointment is in May!! That seems so far away 😭
Yeah pretty much! It’s such a long wait from the 12 week scan to the 20 week 😭 I broke it down with my private gender scan lol. I’ve not had a scan since my 20 week scan! Wish they did more tbh

First one I knew i wanted a water birth so packed a bikini and a cover top thing. I ended up basically being naked the whole time 😂
This one - I expect more the same. Might stretch to a bikini top this time 😂
I’m only around half way but leaning towards a water birth. I hate not wearing a bra though so thinking just a bikini top then a baggy nighty if not

yep, that’s the only 2 you will get on the nhs unless you end up needing extra for medical purposes (baby not growing, reduced movements etc). You’d have to pay for any inbetween or after 20 weeks at a private clinic! It is such a long wait inbetween but even longer after 20 weeks if you don’t have any!

Thinking of you. Hope tomorrow goes ok ❤ x
---
I feel so uncomfortable today. Was up half the night with a migraine that nothing would touch and now my bump is so painful. It hurts to take a deep breath or even just yawn. Hoping I’ve just slept funny when I eventually did pass out from the migraine or maybe baby is just in an awkward position or something (he’s kicking quite high up at the moment). But it’s horrible. I can’t get comfortable at all. Ugh.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
How many weeks are you?
Yes it happens - I’m going to have to ask my husband to Veet me. Oh the glamour of long term relationships!!!
Guess how I spent my Saturday night 😂😂😂
---
Thinking of you. Hope tomorrow goes ok ❤ x
---
I feel so uncomfortable today. Was up half the night with a migraine that nothing would touch and now my bump is so painful. It hurts to take a deep breath or even just yawn. Hoping I’ve just slept funny when I eventually did pass out from the migraine or maybe baby is just in an awkward position or something (he’s kicking quite high up at the moment). But it’s horrible. I can’t get comfortable at all. Ugh.
I find one of the few things that helps with my migraines is codeine and obviously can't take that during pregnancy 😒 Aspirin does help and you're fine to take that. Hope you feel better soon

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I had an private gender scan at 16+1 which said boy.. I had a dream last night the 20 week scan said girl, two weeks to go! Hurry up so I can buy🤣😫😫

• Haha
Guess how I spent my Saturday night 😂😂😂
---

I find one of the few things that helps with my migraines is codeine and obviously can't take that during pregnancy 😒 Aspirin does help and you're fine to take that. Hope you feel better soon
You can have codeine in pregnancy. I was getting it thrown at me by docs with my current youngest as allergic to paracetamol and can't take ibuprofen.

Keep laughing to myself that so many pregnant ladies can't wait for a wine/beer/gin etc once baby is here.
Then there's me counting down the weeks til I can stuff my face with an entire packet of sliced salami, chorizo and prosciutto 😆
But that being said...do any of you have recommendations for alcohol-free rum? I have a night out next week where I want to at least pretend to join in with the copious boozing that the others will be doing, and there's only so much plain diet coke a girl can hack 😅

• Haha
Thank you, hadn’t thought about trying aspirin. Up until this point I’d been surviving with migraine strips, paracetamol and sleep for any migraine/bad headache but last night was something else. I couldn’t even lie down without the pain getting worse. The only relief I was getting was sitting down leaning forwards but that was squishing bump so I couldn’t do that. I phoned Mr Raspberry at work crying and he came home and sat with me until I managed to get some sleep like I was a little child 🙈 I’ll send him out for some aspirin today.

I had an private gender scan at 16+1 which said boy.. I had a dream last night the 20 week scan said girl, two weeks to go! Hurry up so I can buy🤣😫😫
I had dreams baby was a girl too 😂 even now when we’ve seen he’s definitely a boy loads of times i’m still convinced he’ll come out a girl and I’ll spend the first weeks of his life swapping all his blue clothes for pink ones 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You can have codeine in pregnancy. I was getting it thrown at me by docs with my current youngest as allergic to paracetamol and can't take ibuprofen.
I had to argue with my GP to get codeine when I had my first even though both my consultants had said I could. This was the same Dr that said I should just try not to be depressed when I went in with PNA and PND 🙄

• Wow
Anyone else feeling absolutely massive already at nearly 19 weeks? So long still to go I’m gunna be huge!

Anyone else feeling absolutely massive already at nearly 19 weeks? So long still to go I’m gunna be huge!
Me, 18 weeks, feel huge but then I can still fit into my jeans so I think it’s all in my head.. but loving the feeling of getting. I am deffo bigger as struggling bend over but all will be good

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.