Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can have codeine in pregnancy. I was getting it thrown at me by docs with my current youngest as allergic to paracetamol and can't take ibuprofen.
You do need to be careful as you head further into the pregnancy , carries the risk of baby having opioid withdrawals when born

• Wow
Reactions: 2
They had to break my waters for me as I was stuck at 5cm dilation for around 10 hours. Strangest sensation! Things massively sped up after that though

Reactions: 1
I've noticed whenever I drink orange and pineapple squash I'll be throwing up terribly the whole day, if I avoid it and just drink blackcurrant squash then I'll either not be sick at all or only be sick once or twice. Annoying really because I really do love orange and pineapple :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I really don’t know if this baby is lying at a funny angle or he’s just getting so big he’s squashing everything but I feel so uncomfortable already. I’m only 30 weeks this week I have no idea how I’m gonna cope for the rest of it 🙈
He’s obviously a fussy little man too because no matter how I lay last night to try and get comfortable he would start booting the part of my bump that was touching the bed or my pregnancy pillow 😂 I’ve also noticed if I rest my hand on my bump if im on my phone etc he will start kicking or punching where it is now. He’s always moved/kicked as soon as a doppler or scanning thingy touched where he was and you could see him on screen kicking at the place it was touching so it’s quite weird to be able to feel/see him actually kicking really hard where anything touches me now. Obviously likes his space 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I really don’t know if this baby is lying at a funny angle or he’s just getting so big he’s squashing everything but I feel so uncomfortable already. I’m only 30 weeks this week I have no idea how I’m gonna cope for the rest of it 🙈
He’s obviously a fussy little man too because no matter how I lay last night to try and get comfortable he would start booting the part of my bump that was touching the bed or my pregnancy pillow 😂 I’ve also noticed if I rest my hand on my bump if im on my phone etc he will start kicking or punching where it is now. He’s always moved/kicked as soon as a doppler or scanning thingy touched where he was and you could see him on screen kicking at the place it was touching so it’s quite weird to be able to feel/see him actually kicking really hard where anything touches me now. Obviously likes his space 😁
Maybe your son will turn out to be one of those people who absolutely hates being hugged/touched in any way and he's just warning you now :ROFLMAO:

I'm one of those people and my Mum said I always used to kick a lot if she dared to touch her bump :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
That’s actually a strong possibility because I’m the same! Other than my partner I hate anyone touching/hugging me. My partner is the same, other than me and his mum he won’t hug/touch anyone.

Aww Baby R is going to be another weirdo 🥲😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Had a dream last night I was told baby was weighing 10lb and they expected him to come out at 13lbs. Baring in mind my heaviest baby so far has been 6lb14oz.

Also started getting heartburn. This can only mean one thing...... another ginger child.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
tit is getting real, the health visitor has just rang for a home visit appointment in 2 weeks 😅
I was told by my HV she'd stop in before baby comes. I've not heard from her and I'm due Wednesday 😂 We're on our fourth HV now and they've all promised stuff and never done it so be interesting to see what happens once Squishy is here!

tit is getting real, the health visitor has just rang for a home visit appointment in 2 weeks 😅
They've just started doing midwife appointments at home in my area again since they stopped for Covid. I had a community midwife come between 34 and 36 weeks. They just checked where baby is sleeping, and we chatted about feeding support, clothing, bathing etc. I hoping its the same midwife when the baby comes as she was lovely and friendly. The health visitor doesn't come until after the baby is born for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I hope this was sarcasm?🤣
No seriously just kept giving me prescriptions for more codeine. Baring in mind he was IUGR and expected to come out with breathing difficulties (thankfully the crash team waiting for me to give birth wasn't needed).

Has anyone read any parenting books / pregnancy books? I’ve just bought this one - and finding it extremely insightful. I don’t have a good relationship with my mum, she’s a dick. My upbringing was bad and probably has left me traumatised and wanting to make sure I don’t project any of this onto my child - so an extremely good read. I’d probably even recommend it even if your childhood on the whole was decent, as it’s still thought provoking. It’s not a “traditional” parenting book full of cliches etc

Amazon product

• Heart
Has anyone read any parenting books / pregnancy books? I’ve just bought this one - and finding it extremely insightful. I don’t have a good relationship with my mum, she’s a dick. My upbringing was bad and probably has left me traumatised and wanting to make sure I don’t project any of this onto my child - so an extremely good read. I’d probably even recommend it even if your childhood on the whole was decent, as it’s still thought provoking. It’s not a “traditional” parenting book full of cliches etc

Amazon product
Ive managed to get a load for free off fb but haven’t read any yet. Going to start now you’ve reminded me. There’s one in hypnobirthing which I’m interested in!

That book sounds interesting, I may look into getting the audiobook if it’s available

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.