• Full term/overdue

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Just had my baby

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Just here for the nosey

Votes: 10 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrying on from the question in the last thread, back in summer 2020 when I had my first baby I was told all breastfed babies needed a vitamin d supplement from newborn to 12 months!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I know vitamin d deficiency is really common in the UK anyway so if a supplement won’t do baby any harm then I’ll probably do it.

Ahhhh scary to be in the 33-38 week range now!! Absolutely flying by 😱
I’ve moved up a category too. Scary! It’s going so quickly now.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Finally able to move up a category! 14 weeks today and been told my NIPT came back low risk. So it's been a good day!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think it’s recommended that all adults and children over the age of 1 should take 10 micrograms of vitamin d in general, especially between September and March/April. I found it really tricky to give my little one the drops when she was little. Now she’s 3 she takes a multivitamin with vitamin d in.

My understanding is that formula fed babies don’t need it as it is already in the formula?!

I don’t think there’s necessarily a right or wrong, it’s just another one of those things they like to encourage due to the associated risks of vitamin deficiencies!

• Heart
Ooh I’ve jumped up and I’m very nearly onto the next one 🤗

On the gender scans, my place won’t touch you before 15+2, mine was done at 17w and did match my nub theory (which I paid for because I am insane and couldn’t help myself once I knew nub theory was a thing 🤣 I also did the skull theory which matches 🤣🤣 ), but I’ll be getting the NHS scan to confirm at 20w! She also didn’t say 100% and she’s a very reputable clinic so I don’t know how anyone can be cocky enough to say 100%, especially so early!!!

If anything it’s helpful to share so other people reading don’t make the same mistake! But once baby is here you won’t care what it is.

• Heart
Has anyone got their going home outfits picked out yet and if so what have you gone for? I mean, he’ll probably end up coming home in whatever babygrow he’s got on already but I still like the idea of a nice cute outfit for him.

ETA: for baby, obviously. I’ll be coming home in a baggy T-shirt and Mr R’s joggers I expect 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Has anyone got their going home outfits picked out yet and if so what have you gone for? I mean, he’ll probably end up coming home in whatever babygrow he’s got on already but I still like the idea of a nice cute outfit for him.

ETA: for baby, obviously. I’ll be coming home in a baggy T-shirt and Mr R’s joggers I expect 😂
I’ve got a pink Winnie the pooh babygrow for the going home outfit, her big brother had a white and yellow Winnie the pooh baby grow so I felt it was right to carry the theme on 😆

Leggings and the biggest knickers possible for me 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve got two to choose from. Either one saying ‘little brother’ or one saying ‘I love my mummy’. Taking both so it’ll probably just be whichever one he’s wearing at the time if it’s clean 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We’ve got this but now I don’t know if I like it enough 🙈 but I’ve been banned from buying any more clothes because I’ve got 2 massive storage boxes full already 🙈
IMG_5377.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hoping for home birth but still planning to put baby in a “special” sleepsuit at some point, even if we don’t technically go home. Obvs packing for hosp regardless. This baby is getting so many hand me downs so want something special just for them too!

• Heart
Hoping for home birth but still planning to put baby in a “special” sleepsuit at some point, even if we don’t technically go home. Obvs packing for hosp regardless. This baby is getting so many hand me downs so want something special just for them too!
That’s lovely that they’ll have their own special outfit 🥰

I think that's gorgeous. Baby hats get me every time 🥹🥰
me too! I was really disappointed with the ones I ordered from next because they seemed quite big but the one with this little outfit is so dinky. Hats and socks get me every time, they’re so cute’

• Heart
Moved up a category on the poll 🥰 I can’t believe how quickly the first trimester went!

We’re finding out the gender soon and I can’t wait! I’ve held off buying any clothes for now but I’ve got loads saved to my wishlist for when we know what we’re having 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had my early scan today due to some spotting. My last period puts me at 6 weeks & 2 days but they said I’m measuring 5. They only saw the sac & nothing else 😥 They did say I could just be too early or it could be that the pregnancy isn’t progressing as it should. I do ovulate late (around day 22 of my cycle) so don’t know if that could be why? Got to wait 10 days for another scan. Hate all this waiting and not knowing. Anyone had anything similar happen?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Has pregnancy ruined anyone else’s teeth?

Cracked a filling a few weeks ago and today I’ve just gone and cracked another tooth! Can’t get into the dentist until late next month (they’re so busy) so I’m worried incase it starts hurting! I never usually have problems with my teeth and now they’re bothering me loads

Doesn’t hurt right now, it’s just sharp. I know once I start eating on it it will cause pain

I’m sure I saw someone post on one of these threads recently that if you book a nursery appointment with John Lewis, you get 10% off whatever you purchase?

Has anyone done this with pushchairs or big ticket items? I’m desperately trying to find a way of getting the Bugaboo Donkey Twin at a (slightly!) discounted price!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.