Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They cancelled my Mcdonald’s breakfast Justeat today, 45 minutes after I ordered it because they’d gone past 11. That went past tears, just pure bleeping anger

• Wow
Reactions: 3
They cancelled my Mcdonald’s breakfast Justeat today, 45 minutes after I ordered it because they’d gone past 11. That went past tears, just pure bleeping anger
My app order timed out at 11am because it wouldn’t accept I was at the location once, I was absilutky raging. You better believe I still got my sausage and egg McMuffin…I wasn’t even pregnant at the time🙈 😂

I’ve been awful this week with moodiness, I think from pain of spd and struggling with the body changes.
I know no one can give medical advice but did anyone else fell really stressed and moody around the midpoint? I stopped my low dose depression/anxiety meds (I was only really taking them out of habit I thought) and I don’t know if that was a mistake or if it’s just normal.
Last time I was in incredible pain and genuinely had a bit or pre partum depression and this does feel different. I’m still very excited about baby and the pregnancy in general, just so short tempered like every inconvenience is a major issue and everyone is annoying me.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m having my second redbull of the pregnancy at 11:48… and wow it hits differently. It’s basically cocaine. I feel guilty as HELL it’s definitely my last one because wow it’s just heaven. And why I chose 12am, I don’t know. RIP sleep

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh god McDonald’s!! When I was about 10 weeks I’d just been discharged from hospital after spending hours on drips and having injections for my hyperemesis and for the first time in weeks I was actually hungry and not throwing up and all I wanted was a McDonald’s vanilla milkshake. Ordered on the app, parked up in click and serve and 20 mins later some poor young girl came out and said the machine had stopped working and “you might be able to get a refund”. Well the disappointment over not getting my milkshake but the rage over her arguing with me that I only MIGHT be able to get a refund when they weren’t supplying the one thing I’d ordered took over and I flipped and stormed inside. Full on pregnancy rage, shouting in the middle of the shop while the confused manager stood there like of course you can have a refund I don’t understand why you’re so upset?? 😂🫣 got my refund and made Mr R drive 25 mins to a McDonald’s that had the milkshake machine working, got my milkshake and threw it up before we even made it back home 😎

@littlepup i don’t have any experience of it during pregnancy but is it worth a chat with your midwife on Monday and being referred to the prenatal mental health team to see if they have any advice? It may just be hormones or could be that you need to go back on your meds? I imagine it’s a lot for your mental health to come off your meds even low dose ones and have pregnancy hormones in full swing. I remember when I came off antidepressants years ago and I burst in to tears at a sign on the motorway directing new students to the nearby uni because it had sent my emotions so haywire and that was without pregnancy hormones on top. Look after yourself but it may be worth having that chat before it escalates in to prenatal depression if you have struggled before ❤
---
I’m having my second redbull of the pregnancy at 11:48… and wow it hits differently. It’s basically cocaine. I feel guilty as HELL it’s definitely my last one because wow it’s just heaven. And why I chose 12am, I don’t know. RIP sleep
😂 I had a can of coke at 8pm and baby is still dancing away and I’m wide awake. I think I’d be up til Wednesday after a red bull at this point 🤣

• Heart
Oh god McDonald’s!! When I was about 10 weeks I’d just been discharged from hospital after spending hours on drips and having injections for my hyperemesis and for the first time in weeks I was actually hungry and not throwing up and all I wanted was a McDonald’s vanilla milkshake. Ordered on the app, parked up in click and serve and 20 mins later some poor young girl came out and said the machine had stopped working and “you might be able to get a refund”. Well the disappointment over not getting my milkshake but the rage over her arguing with me that I only MIGHT be able to get a refund when they weren’t supplying the one thing I’d ordered took over and I flipped and stormed inside. Full on pregnancy rage, shouting in the middle of the shop while the confused manager stood there like of course you can have a refund I don’t understand why you’re so upset?? 😂🫣 got my refund and made Mr R drive 25 mins to a McDonald’s that had the milkshake machine working, got my milkshake and threw it up before we even made it back home 😎

@littlepup i don’t have any experience of it during pregnancy but is it worth a chat with your midwife on Monday and being referred to the prenatal mental health team to see if they have any advice? It may just be hormones or could be that you need to go back on your meds? I imagine it’s a lot for your mental health to come off your meds even low dose ones and have pregnancy hormones in full swing. I remember when I came off antidepressants years ago and I burst in to tears at a sign on the motorway directing new students to the nearby uni because it had sent my emotions so haywire and that was without pregnancy hormones on top. Look after yourself but it may be worth having that chat before it escalates in to prenatal depression if you have struggled before ❤
---

😂 I had a can of coke at 8pm and baby is still dancing away and I’m wide awake. I think I’d be up til Wednesday after a red bull at this point 🤣
Thank you, you know I think just having written it down makes me realise it’s silly to come off them considering my last pregnancy. There was a prescribing error so I didn’t have them for 2 weeks (not an ideal was to stop) and I thought ‘they’re not wonderful for pregnancy, not sure I need them, so might as well keep going’ which the midwife OK’d but also said it’s a risk/reward job. I’m realising that not taking them likely risks upsetting everyone around me with my moods, self doubt and anxiety and going into a new baby with poor MH which is arguably worse than the unlikely risks they can have on baby. And if I don’t feel any better taking them, at least I’ll know.

In my first pregnancy there was a nasty rumour that McDonalds milkshake had to be abouddd because of the risk of bacteria in their machines. I remember everyone being up in arms about it 😂 Thankfully it’s no longer the case!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It’s definitely not silly and it sounds like it was a forced decision anyway if your meds had run out and they’d messed up your next prescription. We all want to do what’s best for our babies and at the time, and with advice, you obviously felt that was the right choice. That’s not silly, and it obviously felt right for you at the time. But things do change and coming off any kind of antidepressant is a rough ride anyway without being pregnant on top, so if you are struggling again and can feel your mental health starting to dip then have a chat with your midwife or GP on Monday and see if you can restart or whether they can offer an alternative. It’s good you’ve noticed and can put something in place now rather than it escalating and becoming full blown prenatal depression again ❤

I read that, and about McFlurrys 😭 my midwife said they’re safe though because of their thorough cleaning cycle on the machines thank god 😅

• Heart
Ugh I don’t want to talk about ice cream. I’ve read you shouldn’t eat Mr Whippy because of blah blah blah but tub ice cream is okay. And of course all I’ve been craving… is ice cream van ice cream. It doesn’t help that they’re also currently viral on Tik Tok so constantly on my feed

Shock it’s 2am… stupid redbull 🥱

I was the same with Mr Whippy. It’s to do with the hygiene of the machines I believe. I’ve had to make do with McFlurrys which is sort of similar so might be worth a try for you? 😩 I get them with no bits and no sauce so it’s just the icecream 😂

Hope you get some sleep soon!

I am approx 10-12 weeks with my first pregnancy. We had issues conceiving due to pcos so I am overly cautious and anxious. I am struggling to deal with the overwhelming exhaustion right now. When does it improve!? When does the glow come!? 😭
I am a teacher and have a difficult class with a couple of particularly challenging pupils. I feel so stressed and down about it that it's taking away from the enjoyment I should be feeling about this much longed for pregnancy. It's affecting my sleep, infiltrating my weekends when I try to switch off and I cried on the way to work yesterday. I need my job for maternity pay etc but feel like this can't continue 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was driving home from work a few weeks ago and there were sheep in the field next to me. It was really dark and cold and raining and I burst into tears thinking about the sheep having to spend all night outside in that weather 😂 pregnancy hormones are wild 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@littlepup my mood has been up & down past few weeks, I’d say since the mid way point too, I’ve got really bad pelvic girdle pain and I’m exhausted 24/7 and finding life difficult atm with a 4 year old too. I really recommend the perinatal mental health team, they’ve seen to me so quick and it has been nice to talk to someone about my worries and stresses. They will be able to sort your meds out too. Look after yourself 🤍

@Ssshhhhh06 Congratulations!! I’m 27 weeks and still waiting for my glow. I’m still exhausted but I’m anaemic, but for a lot of people the exhaustion subsided in the second trimester! Hopefully you start feeling better soon!

• Heart
@littlepup i feel you with the moodiness. I’ve been so extremely irritable through most of this pregnancy. I have good weeks and bad weeks but in general I just find that everyone/everything is bleeping annoying and I get into this headspace where I feel like no one could possibly understand (health worries, SPD and an ear infection whilst looking after a toddler hasn’t helped with that this week in particular!) take care x

• Heart
my symptoms are back with a vengeance today, thanks ladies for all your kind words. I know logically symptoms dont mean much but it’s the sudden change that confused my brain yesterday 😵💫

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am approx 10-12 weeks with my first pregnancy. We had issues conceiving due to pcos so I am overly cautious and anxious. I am struggling to deal with the overwhelming exhaustion right now. When does it improve!? When does the glow come!? 😭
I am a teacher and have a difficult class with a couple of particularly challenging pupils. I feel so stressed and down about it that it's taking away from the enjoyment I should be feeling about this much longed for pregnancy. It's affecting my sleep, infiltrating my weekends when I try to switch off and I cried on the way to work yesterday. I need my job for maternity pay etc but feel like this can't continue 😔
Have your school done a risk assessment for you? They should take in to account things like exhaustion/tiredness. Also please don’t worry about taking some time off if you need it (I know teachers are terrible for this!!). Any pregnancy related sickness doesn’t count on your normal sickness and absence record. I took time off in the first trimester just to sleep and try and feel like a normal human - I just felt awful all the time! My mantra has become to put me and my baby first, advocate for yourself because in the school system nobody will suggest you go home for a rest. Hope you feel better soon! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Fs. I’m due to be induced today and I’ve woken up with a sore throat and a cough!

Will they cancel it do you think?

• Heart
Hi first time poster here.
Currently 7 weeks pregnant.
Just curious did many of you change your skincare?
At the moment using Vichy Normaderm moisturiser and Pixi glow tonic.

Hi first time poster here.
Currently 7 weeks pregnant.
Just curious did many of you change your skincare?
At the moment using Vichy Normaderm moisturiser and Pixi glow tonic.
Just avoid anything with retinol. You shouldn’t take Salicylic acid orally but on the skin seems to be ok so your Vichy should be fine. Some people choose to avoid actives and many people’s skin changes in pregnancy so they need to change products anyway. Just google everything followed by ‘pregnancy’ and there’s tons of info.

Thank you ladies for the reassurance re the moodiness and suggestions 🩷

Honestly some people never get the glow and struggle the whole way but for most after the first trimester it gets easier. But,its really important that you don’t punish yourself or feel guilty for not enjoying pregnancy no matter how much it’s wanted. It’s the journey, not the destination. It can be tit, but it’ll be so worth it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.