Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Oh bless you! I would definitely ask them to have a look at your cervix and check that then as it sounds like it’s more than likely coming from there if they’re not seeing a source of the bleeding on scans. It’s good you’ve had no more clots and no pain. Hope your scan goes ok

anotheronebitesthedust.1

I'm looking at booking some antenatal classes. I'm booked in for my hospital parent education classes but they're v close to my due date and apparently the hospital ones don't cover things like labour options, which I want to know before trying to come up with a birth plan.

Does anyone who is doing this the second time round have any experience of NCT classes? How did you find them?

TIA
I’m doing the baby academy ones on zoom - free

AL10

VIP Member
Anyone dyed their hair in the first trimester? My greys are so bad 😂 but really not sure what to do for the best

littlepup

VIP Member
I have the Niimo one. It's <£40 but I think it's might be the same as the one that keeps being offered for £12.99 on wowcher :rolleyes:
It also turns into a feeding pillow and is long but quite skinny, not lost it's bounce since Xmas when I got it.
I'd probably have preferred something moulded but I couldn't warrant over £100. I can't say it's an absolute dream but it's been comfortable and versatile so far and the small part can be used between the legs.

carrrr

Hi everyone, found out yesterday I am rhesus negative. Had bloods taken to test what blood type the baby will be. This is my first so a bit worried. Anyone had any experience of this?

Seeemm

Chatty Member
So frustrated. I’ve posted in this thread a couple of times about my spotting (been 3 weeks now) I’ve had 3 scans in that time, the last one being on Thursday just gone - saw baby & heartbeat and they can’t find a cause for the bleed. I hadn’t spotted since Thursday so I felt so relieved then I’ve been the toilet this morning and had pink blood and a clot 😥 rang EPU and they’ve said come for another scan tomorrow. I’m so drained from all of this! Hoping it’s the blood coming from wherever it’s coming from that’s clotted because it’s not been coming out but idk. 😭
❤❤ I spotted for 2 weeks around 10 weeks and it was such a horrible time.
Have they said the bleeding is coming from inside your uterus? I had a scan and 2 internal and they weren’t able to see until the bleeding had stopped that I had a cervical ectropian

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I have a nesting day probably once a week and then spend the rest of the week regretting it as every muscle and joint aches 🤣

Could you try rocking (gently) on all 4s to try and get the transverse twin to wriggle to a different position? Baby R was lying that way recently right down by my hips and it was agony. But rocking with my bum higher than my shoulders got him to shift in to head down position.

Enjoy your bath🥰

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Looking to see if anyone has had similar.. we’ve been TTC for the last 9 months, 3rd baby. I usually have a 30-31 day cycle, on cycle day 28 I took a pregnancy test and it was a faint positive, I’ve taken one every morning since and the line doesn’t seem to be getting any darker, if anything it’s getting fainter. Have taken a clear blue dig that was negative and just a bog standard test from co op that was also negative but these are the strips, my friend and my husband (🤣) have all tried the strip tests to see if it’s a funny batch and they both got negative. Today is day 31, feel like I’ve got mild period cramps every now and then which I know can be normal, but also worried I might be coming on, despite the positive tests, worrying whether it might be a chemical pregnancy. I just don’t have a good feeling and I’m hoping maybe someone has something positive to say 🤣 my last period was on 13th March, got my peak on 29th feb x

edited to add my co op test actually is positive, but also very faint
Sorry to say this is almost exactly what happened to me in December, very faint lines like this and then my period arrived three days late so I counted it as a chemical pregnancy. You are still only 14-15 DPO though right? Could still be something.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I do honestly feel for anyone who doesn’t have the best in laws. I’m really lucky to in that sense - makes up for the fact my mum is a dickhead who isn’t involved. We actually moved to be closer to his family so they’re kind of all I have day to day. They’re so supportive without being overbearing at all. But it sounds like such a headache to deal with bad ones.
Don't lol. I am the loss in the situation. 😂😂😂

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
When did you all start wearing maternity clothes? I have a wedding end of April and I’ll be 22 weeks ish… wondering if I need to look at maternity dresses or not!
I’d say probably, depending on your normal figure and how likely a bump is to show? I was definitely in maternity clothes by then. Way before then really but my bump feels really sensitive so I couldn’t tolerate anything tight on it like normal clothes would have been. I’ve been in maternity jeans since about 12 weeks, but normal leggings lasted longer. Tops were fine.
A maternity dress will probably flatter your bump more than a normal dress too and depending on what style you go for you’ll get use out of it through summer 😁

Laughalong

VIP Member
I’m thinking of having sushi as a one time treat, but being very careful where from. You’re right, from the likes of Nobu / Sexy Fish it’s not going to be the place that is my downfall. There’s somewhere called One Sushi in Manchester that is a place with a Michelin star chef that I’ve been eyeing up.

I’ve had food poisoning from a McD’s salad, a ham & cheese sandwich at an airport, all day breakfast bap on a virgin train, a pot noodle & I think a burrito or it might have been the deep fried crab…. All things you’re allowed to eat. Yet I’ve never been sick from sushi, deli meat, rare steak, pate etc.
I think you just need to exercise caution and watch hygeine and storage standards as most things are not allowed for the risk of them causing food poisoning rather than being inherently bad. I’d sooner eat raw fish at Nobu than a ham sandwich sat out on a buffet!

Woody2832

Has anyone got any practical experience of having a sweep? E.g How was it? Did it work?

Midwife wants to do one next week at 39 weeks but I’m not keen on the idea. Hoping baby arrives before but that’s just me being optimistic!

Lioness1

Chatty Member
I didn’t really buy any maternity stuff last time but 2nd baby so I already feel bigger. I’m trying to hold off as long as possible, thankfully I’ve got bigger jeans and trousers from after my first baby which should hopefully fit for a while then I plan to get some stretchy ribbed dresses for summer time.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Was cramping intermittently through the night and the same this morning. Some more little bits of plug have come out. In laws took the bus into the city so are 45 minutes away, just had to collect wee man from nursery because he's not well. Hopefully the in laws will come back before anything starts ramping up. Be sodding typical if they didn't though 🤦‍♀️
How are you getting on now? Fingers crossed you’re well on your way now ❤

anotheronebitesthedust.1

I’ve been lurking on here for a long time but never posted! I’m currently 29+3, second pregnancy and for the last 2 weeks I have developed really bad PGP. I work as a nurse on a really heavy ward in a hospital with lots of moving and handling and I’ve had the last 2 weeks off sick after basically breaking down in tears at work because of the pain.
I just don’t know if it’s worth me getting signed off now until my maternity leave starts or try to go through occupational health with a view to doing lighter duties on the ward, something which I’m not sure is possible as I can’t stand or walk around for long without suffering 😭. I have an almost 3 year old at home and it’s a struggle trying to stay active for her never mind throwing 12 hour shifts into the mix. It’s just making me feel soo defeated and depressed, I feel like an absolutely failure I can’t give my daughter the time and energy I once was, and then feel like a failure in my career as plenty of pregnant people work on hospital wards up until a lot further along than me. Just feeling really down with it all 😞
Also I had a scan today and my baby is breech with legs up to his face, should I worry about that at this stage?
Fellow nurse , did you not have your risk assessment down in first trimester and then reviewed in second trimester