Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

panini

VIP Member
Has anyone else been told by their midwife team to buy a blood pressure machine and measure and record their own blood pressure every other day?!
I have, but l do mine more frequently. Assuming your blood pressure is on the high side at the moment?

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Had no appetite ever since my UTI. Dunno if it's just the nausea. Only just realised I've not even eaten yet today. Would it be an idea to ring maternity just for some advice?

Thanks guys! Glad its normal and not anything to worry about, I will carry on preparing myself for the sharp pain every time I feel a sneeze coming :ROFLMAO:and will give holding my bump a go too 😅 xx

PurplePie

Chatty Member
Has anyone read any parenting books / pregnancy books? I’ve just bought this one - and finding it extremely insightful. I don’t have a good relationship with my mum, she’s a dick. My upbringing was bad and probably has left me traumatised and wanting to make sure I don’t project any of this onto my child - so an extremely good read. I’d probably even recommend it even if your childhood on the whole was decent, as it’s still thought provoking. It’s not a “traditional” parenting book full of cliches etc

Amazon product
Hi, the link isn't working for me. What's the name of the book? Had a similar experience growing up so interested in reading.

Lioness1

Chatty Member
What has been people's first pregnancy purchase? I impulse bought a pregnancy pillow last night, only £12 through some Emma's Diary offer. Partners face was a bit of a picture when he saw the size of it in the picture 😆 No idea if I'll feel any benefits from it yet, I'm 12 weeks and convinced what I thought was bloating is a little round bump after all, but I'm a nightmare for sleeping on my right or my front, will this pillow help stop that?
I haven’t bought anything yet, 2nd baby so feel like everything will probably be last minute this time. I have been thinking about a pregnancy pillow because my hips are starting to get sore when sleeping sometimes and I loved my pillow last time! I feel like everything is so different from when I had my first 3 years ago so don’t even know what to look for! Thankfully I’ve still got my pram etc but was looking at buying a different carry cot for the buggy I already have, don’t know if I’m just being daft and that’s a waste of money because we already have the pram.

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
When do you normally get the form from your midwife to give to your employer about maternity leave? My employer has asked me for it twice and both times I've said that it's not until later in the pregnancy the midwife gives you it but he's saying I need to contact her and get it ASAP. I have my 20 week scan at the end of the month then an appointment a week or so after that with the midwife and I suggested I'll ask her then but he's adamant he should have it off me by now?
You don’t get it until after your 20 week scan is complete - and it comes from your GP.

Your work HR should know that!!

Laughalong

VIP Member
CONFESSION - I’ve been eating smoked salmon for months

It was deemed “ok” by the NHS during my first pregnancy, and i just couldn’t resist it this time. I did for the first 4/5 months, and then it crept back in.

Forgive me NHS I have sinned
As I typed that, I was eating more 😂 just a few of those thin slices. Forgive me too

I’ve also had a total of 4 Redbulls now :( one was at an event, three were at home. It’s actually really annoying because now typing that I’m like WHY DO IT but considering I used to have 1-2 a day? It’s ok.

Last edited:

Elle Woods

VIP Member
When do you normally get the form from your midwife to give to your employer about maternity leave? My employer has asked me for it twice and both times I've said that it's not until later in the pregnancy the midwife gives you it but he's saying I need to contact her and get it ASAP. I have my 20 week scan at the end of the month then an appointment a week or so after that with the midwife and I suggested I'll ask her then but he's adamant he should have it off me by now?

tanniietann

Anyone else around 24 weeks now? If so, where are you feeling movements from baby? I feel like baby boy is feet down, constantly feeling nudges and kicks at the bottom of my belly, sometimes it really takes me by surprise! Anyone else had this? I don't remember feeling this type of movement in my lower belly during my first pregnancy!

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Right sorry if this is a really daft question, but does anyone else's bump sort of come and go?!
For the past week I've had quite a prominent clear round bump. Suddenly today it's gone and I just look like I've got a tiny bulge like I ate a bit too much pasta or something. It happened the week before too but came and went within 24 hours. I'm baffled 😅
Yeah I feel like sometimes I feel like I’ve got massive then other days I feel like it’s just bloat. I guess it all depends on what you’ve eaten etc. I asked my midwife about it and she said it’s perfectly normal at this stage (almost half way)

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Out of interest, has everyone put on dress sizes too or finding they can wear their normal size but in maternity? There’s some clothes I want. Non-maternity, but would expand enough / suit a bump when I get one. Just unsure of what size to actually get to last as much of my pregnancy as possible
I've had to go up a size in maternity clothes. My bump is all out front and maternity clothes in my normal size were digging in.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
What does everyone use for a hospital bag? I’m thinking of getting one of those small cabin cases but my bf reckons we should just get a hold-all. Also any tips Of things to put in there which you found really useful but aren’t typically on all the lists online?

Laughalong

VIP Member
What is the lowest result you can actually get for the Patau/Downs results does anyone know? Just got mine back at 1:5000. Some post on mumsnet says last year they moved to a system where that is now the lowest result you can actually get but who knows how reliable that is. Either way I feel quite happy and reassured.

Seeemm

Chatty Member
I just realised I’ve had my 12 week scan and am booked in for my 20 week anomaly scan.. is that the next time I’ll be getting a scan in the hospital? My appointment is in May!! That seems so far away 😭

AL10

VIP Member
Balloon is in, 0 out of 10, do not recommend! Oft! Monitoring is going well, blips that we're seen earlier haven't been repeated so I think it was probably just the sensors moving as the baby was doing some break dancing! Sending OH out for a takeaway, figured I deserve it!
Sending love and positive vibes ❤
---
Isit normal for morning sickness, nausea and bloating to come and go? It’s weird I hate feeling sick but when I don’t I feel like somethings wrong xx
---
Sorry I didn’t realise this would add to my previous post x

Last edited: