Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
I’ve had a lot of people say this! Did your first measure big all the way through pregnancy? The consultants have acknowledged that measurements aren’t guaranteed but because the measurements have been consistent across several scans done by different sonographers it’s likely baby is big
The opposite for me, I was told 8lb baby and he came almost 9 and a half🤣 between my scans the estimations plotted on the graph perfectly so despite them all being consistent with their measuring (3 different sonographers) they were all still wrong

littlepup

VIP Member
So, just found out I’m pregnant with #2. My first pregnancy was awful with sickness & problems with my heart, in the end he came 6 weeks early and needed special care cos he was so tiny. Will this baby get extra scans/checks because of that? I’m more nervous incase I have to go back into NICU than I am to give birth 🤦🏼‍♀️
Congratulations! Yes they will, you'll be closely monitored and under a consultant if you're NHS.

George01

Does anyone have any moisturiser recommendations, my face is SO dry this pregnancy, I usually use the clinique moisture surge but it's just not helping at the min!

Seeemm

Chatty Member
What has been people's first pregnancy purchase? I impulse bought a pregnancy pillow last night, only £12 through some Emma's Diary offer. Partners face was a bit of a picture when he saw the size of it in the picture 😆 No idea if I'll feel any benefits from it yet, I'm 12 weeks and convinced what I thought was bloating is a little round bump after all, but I'm a nightmare for sleeping on my right or my front, will this pillow help stop that?
I bought little branded crib shoes that they’ll probably never wear

Mantlepeace

---
Anyone had sinusitis in pregnancy? My face is in agony and doctor palmed me off to pharmacist who advised “steam inhalation” as all I could do (except for paracetamol)
I had sinusitis around 34 weeks. I suffered for a week and then went to the doctor who gave me antibiotics. Maybe give your GP another call

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Does anterior placenta mean to the back? Mine this time is to the back and started feeling him at 12 weeks +5. Quiet early but I've already had kids and am a small person. My wombs tilted as well so dunno if that plays a part.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Has anyone got any practical experience of having a sweep? E.g How was it? Did it work?

Midwife wants to do one next week at 39 weeks but I’m not keen on the idea. Hoping baby arrives before but that’s just me being optimistic!
I had a sweep with my 2nd baby. She did it on the 40 week mark. It was a little bit uncomfortable like having a smear but nothing major. He came 3 days later. My 1st had to be induced at 42 weeks so going by that I'd say it had some effect.

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Any tips on giving an eviction notice to babies?! Fed up of the in laws keep talking about how they're excited to meet their granddaughter and how my MiL is excited to buy all the pretty dresses 🤦‍♀️ Was only due yesterday but not sure how much more I can listen to them 🙉

amyy

VIP Member
can someone help me with writing some birth preferences, not a plan but just things after birth ie. partner to cut cord, help with first latch, do not give formula, partner to have skin to skin if I am unable to or medically unwell. Don't know what else to include, first baby so happy to go with flow also in terms of pain relief!!

littlepup

VIP Member
We've got a name for our wee one. Was really hard this time round because I wanted it to be in a similar vein to our first's and it would have been much easier to find one that matches if we were having a girl. For middle names we've gone with a family name, my OH family for our first, mine for our second.

I'm really struggling today. Had awful heartburn and nausea throughout the night and loads of braxton hicks. Woken up with a bad headache again (third day in a row), my hands are getting sore and are a little swollen, my eyesight is getting worse and I feel really sick again. When the midwife did the pee test yesterday she said it came back ++ which I think means protein and potentially pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure was fine and she wasn't too fussed about my other symptoms. This morning my FiL accidentally shut my little one's toe under the door and my MiL has been stressing me out because she refused to take my LO's change bag out with them (not trendy enough, happily shove stuff in her bag even though it wasn't big enough). Not sure what to do. Should I call triage about my symptoms? Really don't want to go in and end up being kept in 😬
Yes I’d call triage. You don’t want to mess around with pre-eclampsia, it can move really quickly. If they keep you in it’ll be for the right reasons. They may even induce you so I’d go fully prepared. Good luck x

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Has anyone got any practical experience of having a sweep? E.g How was it? Did it work?

Midwife wants to do one next week at 39 weeks but I’m not keen on the idea. Hoping baby arrives before but that’s just me being optimistic!
You can only get a sweep if your cervix is already ripened and slightly dilated. In order to do it the midwife will do an internal exam and use their finger inside of your cervix to break away any membranes from the amniotic sac to the cervix. This helps release prostaglandin and starts labour. I had an exam at my recent appointment (40+2 at the time) because things didn't feel like they were progressing and I wanted to have some reassurance that something was happening. It was very uncomfortable, felt like the midwife was trying to shove her entire arm right up into my vague, and her poking and pressing on my cervix was quite painful. I wouldn't like to go through it again unless it's absolutely avoidable (she says at 40+6 and miserable).

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Trying to practice what I preach and not worry. 6w 3 days and my symptoms have really subsided today. This is what happened to me last time, our baby stopped growing at 6w1d. Really trying not to freak out but I’m so worried it’s going to happen again 😔😔😔
Hope that’s not the case and it’s just an easy day for symptoms. When is your private scan? It’s soon isn’t it? 🤞🏼

princesspiexoxoxox

Can anyone help? About 5 weeks pregnant and I'm in agony... pains in my stomach I can barely stand up. Even lying down is sore. Its such a hard pain to describe shooting pains but then just a dull c9nstant soreness all over

judgingyourlife

When did you all start wearing maternity clothes? I have a wedding end of April and I’ll be 22 weeks ish… wondering if I need to look at maternity dresses or not!
It's a difficult one because it really depends on who you are! I'm 5'2 and size 12 normally, and I really expected to be bigger than I am now at 27 weeks! I'm not in maternity clothes yet, and can just about fit in my normal jeans. I definitely wouldn't have needed a maternity dress at 22 weeks. But then others show way earlier!! I would get one that's just loose fitted ☺

User767676

Has anyone read any parenting books / pregnancy books? I’ve just bought this one - and finding it extremely insightful. I don’t have a good relationship with my mum, she’s a dick. My upbringing was bad and probably has left me traumatised and wanting to make sure I don’t project any of this onto my child - so an extremely good read. I’d probably even recommend it even if your childhood on the whole was decent, as it’s still thought provoking. It’s not a “traditional” parenting book full of cliches etc

Amazon product
Ive managed to get a load for free off fb but haven’t read any yet. Going to start now you’ve reminded me. There’s one in hypnobirthing which I’m interested in!

That book sounds interesting, I may look into getting the audiobook if it’s available