Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve seen loads of people recommending those artipop carriers and saying how essential they are. I definitely will not be investing 😂 what if baby hates it and then you’re hundreds of pounds down?
I was set on getting one till I saw one of their recent instagram posts baby with his genitals basically on show and they’ve just done a silly little scribble over it. 200 comments urging them to take it down and they haven’t.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Reputable places and even the NHS won’t guarantee 100% accuracy because they *could* be wrong, but I don’t think it’s super common. At my 20w scan I said I already know but I want you to double check and the sonographer said in her experience of early scans being incorrect, it’s when they’ve said girl and it’s turned out to be a boy.

Just tell him it’s an opportunity to see baby again without having to wait as long, that was the main benefit for me!
Yeah we had our 12 week scan today and as we was leaving I said to him you sure you don’t want to do an early one and he said ask me again in a few weeks 🤣 I think he will say yes cause he’s more impatient than me and hates surprises! I will try the it’s another opportunity to see baby reason!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just had my 25 week midwife appointment, got to hear the babies heart beat, it was so nice! Feel so reassured now! I'm under the enhanced midwives for this pregnancy so get seen every 2 weeks from now (25 weeks) feel so lucky that service is available to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve been lurking on here for a long time but never posted! I’m currently 29+3, second pregnancy and for the last 2 weeks I have developed really bad PGP. I work as a nurse on a really heavy ward in a hospital with lots of moving and handling and I’ve had the last 2 weeks off sick after basically breaking down in tears at work because of the pain.
I just don’t know if it’s worth me getting signed off now until my maternity leave starts or try to go through occupational health with a view to doing lighter duties on the ward, something which I’m not sure is possible as I can’t stand or walk around for long without suffering 😭. I have an almost 3 year old at home and it’s a struggle trying to stay active for her never mind throwing 12 hour shifts into the mix. It’s just making me feel soo defeated and depressed, I feel like an absolutely failure I can’t give my daughter the time and energy I once was, and then feel like a failure in my career as plenty of pregnant people work on hospital wards up until a lot further along than me. Just feeling really down with it all 😞
Also I had a scan today and my baby is breech with legs up to his face, should I worry about that at this stage?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve been lurking on here for a long time but never posted! I’m currently 29+3, second pregnancy and for the last 2 weeks I have developed really bad PGP. I work as a nurse on a really heavy ward in a hospital with lots of moving and handling and I’ve had the last 2 weeks off sick after basically breaking down in tears at work because of the pain.
I just don’t know if it’s worth me getting signed off now until my maternity leave starts or try to go through occupational health with a view to doing lighter duties on the ward, something which I’m not sure is possible as I can’t stand or walk around for long without suffering 😭. I have an almost 3 year old at home and it’s a struggle trying to stay active for her never mind throwing 12 hour shifts into the mix. It’s just making me feel soo defeated and depressed, I feel like an absolutely failure I can’t give my daughter the time and energy I once was, and then feel like a failure in my career as plenty of pregnant people work on hospital wards up until a lot further along than me. Just feeling really down with it all 😞
Also I had a scan today and my baby is breech with legs up to his face, should I worry about that at this stage?
I’m 30+4 with my second too and not exactly the same but I’m a HCA, I was signed off from 12 weeks due to migraines & severe anaemia then I developed PGP at around 20 weeks, the aim was for me to go back to work at the halfway point but it was literally impossible, at one point I was getting up off the couch and out of bed with a zimmer frame!! And once I got stuck on the toilet 🥲 So I’m still signed off and I’ve been having chats with work what would be best for me to do because I will have to go on maternity leave some point soon. Even though Ive been off already the majority of my pregnancy

I’m gutted my pregnancy has ended up this way - it’s been very lonely - being off for so long, Ive got a 4 year old that keeps me company at the weekends but it can be very hard and tiring and more often than not I’m nearly passed out on the sofa.

I would definitely recommend asking if you can be switched to lighter duties - as my main thing about being at home sick is the loneliness, and I would have preferred working right to the end because I’m thinking about more time with my little one and don’t want my maternity being cut shut with her - so if you’re the same see if lighter duties would fit you. If not, and if your health is really struggling with the PGP because it can be VERY painful 😭 take the time off because your health is most important!

Sorry for the sort of me-rail lol i was just trying to compare our similar situations x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m 30+4 with my second too and not exactly the same but I’m a HCA, I was signed off from 12 weeks due to migraines & severe anaemia then I developed PGP at around 20 weeks, the aim was for me to go back to work at the halfway point but it was literally impossible, at one point I was getting up off the couch and out of bed with a zimmer frame!! And once I got stuck on the toilet 🥲 So I’m still signed off and I’ve been having chats with work what would be best for me to do because I will have to go on maternity leave some point soon. Even though Ive been off already the majority of my pregnancy

I’m gutted my pregnancy has ended up this way - it’s been very lonely - being off for so long, Ive got a 4 year old that keeps me company at the weekends but it can be very hard and tiring and more often than not I’m nearly passed out on the sofa.

I would definitely recommend asking if you can be switched to lighter duties - as my main thing about being at home sick is the loneliness, and I would have preferred working right to the end because I’m thinking about more time with my little one and don’t want my maternity being cut shut with her - so if you’re the same see if lighter duties would fit you. If not, and if your health is really struggling with the PGP because it can be VERY painful 😭 take the time off because your health is most important!

Sorry for the sort of me-rail lol i was just trying to compare our similar situations x
Oh wow it sounds like you’ve been really struggling bless you 😞 Is there anything the GP/Midwife has done to help you?
I was looking at finishing around 36w anyway so my thinking is, is it even going to be worth it for the sake of 6 weeks? A lot of my shifts are back to back aswell which I wouldn’t be able to handle. I just feel like everyone thinks I’m just wingeing about general pregnancy aches and pains. When really I’m just in pain and exhausted from pain every day as I still keep trying to push myself and get out and about for my toddler.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Oh wow it sounds like you’ve been really struggling bless you 😞 Is there anything the GP/Midwife has done to help you?
I was looking at finishing around 36w anyway so my thinking is, is it even going to be worth it for the sake of 6 weeks? A lot of my shifts are back to back aswell which I wouldn’t be able to handle. I just feel like everyone thinks I’m just wingeing about general pregnancy aches and pains. When really I’m just in pain and exhausted from pain every day as I still keep trying to push myself and get out and about for my toddler.
They’ve given me a belly brace that’s about it and put me on a wait list for some physio but not heard anything back and it’s been 10 weeks 😳
Yeah I get what you mean about thinking people are thinking you’re just complaining about normal pregnancy aches but PGP is so much worse than that

I would go to your GP and tell them to write you a note regarding how bad your PGP is then show it to your manager at work and request lighter duties, if things are still a struggle there’s no harm in going off sick/starting your maternity early

• Heart
They’ve given me a belly brace that’s about it and put me on a wait list for some physio but not heard anything back and it’s been 10 weeks 😳
Yeah I get what you mean about thinking people are thinking you’re just complaining about normal pregnancy aches but PGP is so much worse than that

I would go to your GP and tell them to write you a note regarding how bad your PGP is then show it to your manager at work and request lighter duties, if things are still a struggle there’s no harm in going off sick/starting your maternity early
I think that’s what I’ll do and ring the GP tomorrow. With my first I was finished at 28w due to Covid restrictions and could rest whenever I felt like it and even then still had quite abit of pain in my pelvis/hips, but this time it’s so much worse and has started a lot earlier on! Have you found this also?

• Heart
I’d agree completely with @watermelon sugar

I’ve also been off the majority of my pregnancy, first with HG and then persistent bleeding. The plan had been to return full time once HG was under control but I only managed a few odd shifts and then the bleeding really ramped up every time I went to work and meant I had multiple hospital admissions so I was doing one shift then being admitted and going off sick again. We tried various options for lighter duties, and I’m lucky in that I could literally sit in my office for my entire shift, but nothing helped. Working from home wasn’t realistic in my role and whilst I did bits that I could, there wasn’t enough to warrant working from home full time. In the end occupational health decided there was no further support they could offer and advised my employers to medically suspended me, which they did. My maternity leave will officially start in a few weeks now, but I had planned to work until 38 weeks.

I haven’t been back since Christmas. Like watermelon says, the worst bit about it is the loneliness. My partner works nights so he sleeps during the day so sometimes the only face to face human interaction I get is a 20 minute chat with him before he goes to work in the evenings. I actually had a bit of a breakdown to him last night because this really isn’t how I saw my pregnancy going and I am lonely. The days feel so long because I wake up, shower, waddle to the sofa and then in the early hours of the morning I waddle back to bed. If I get out to see anyone it’s an hour or 2 of the day, but then I’m back to being home alone. It’s quite isolating.

I think we really underestimate the social aspect of work and the impact that has on your mental health.

So I would say, speak to your boss and ask for an occupational health referral if you can about lighter duties - would a temp admin role be suitable so you’re spending less time on your feet? Reduced hours? More rest time between shifts? Ultimately if the pain is too bad then being signed off will be your only option but I would say it’s worth exploring alternatives first just so you don’t end up stir crazy stuck at home for the next few weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I found my PGP and SPD started much earlier this time but it’s gone trough days of improvement then bad again.
I say do what’s right for your mental health as well as physical. If you feel like you’re not understood at work and can’t do your best for you LO that’s going to really affect you. It’s not worth it to suffer for a job if you can be signed off or at least go onto lighter duties.

I’ve just had my first appointment with the maternity metal health team. It looks like it might be quite helpful actually in the long run as I’ve had mild depression and anxiety for a long time that only worsens in pregnancy. It only took a few days from referral to appointment and it’s not just about the pregnancy anxiety but can be.
I almost didn’t bother but glad I did.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@Whassupgirl Yeah I definitely felt the pelvic pain worse and earlier this time round, I can’t really remember it with my first but at about 19 weeks I was on the bus and went to get off and I had a crazy pain in my pelvis and I couldn’t move or get up! I had to get off a couple stops later 😅 then I’ve had constant pain since 20 weeks. I’ve spoken to a few people I know who have said their PGP has been really bad during their second pregnancies

@littlepup that’s good, I’m with the mental health perinatal team too, I’ve had a couple phone appointments and a midwife come out to dona home visit and she was so nice, it was nice to have someone to talk to and pour out all my worries to and not been judged!! Like you said it was all so quick too

• Heart
Okay I'm having a potential daft moment but having a panic, I've been sat at work hugging a hot water bottle for past 45 mins as it's so cold in here, and suddenly worried I'm overheating baby? Am I right to worry or am I being silly?!

Okay I'm having a potential daft moment but having a panic, I've been sat at work hugging a hot water bottle for past 45 mins as it's so cold in here, and suddenly worried I'm overheating baby? Am I right to worry or am I being silly?!
You can use a hot water bottle as long as it’s not too hot and has a cover on.
IMG_5525.jpeg

Does anyone get the occasional feeling that their bump is sore or bruised in a particular area?! I’m sure I remember it happening with my first, but it’s really starting to bother me 🙃

about an inch or two from my belly button on the left side I have a small area that feels quite sore and uncomfortable to touch, almost as if it’s bruised but there is no bruise there! I’m guessing it’s just due to stretching as my belly button looks like it’s lost the will to live and I’ve been getting round ligament pain. I have a feeling it might be linked to the position twin 1 is in, but unsure! Even my jumper touching it is bothering me, I just can’t get comfy 😫

Does anyone get the occasional feeling that their bump is sore or bruised in a particular area?! I’m sure I remember it happening with my first, but it’s really starting to bother me 🙃

about an inch or two from my belly button on the left side I have a small area that feels quite sore and uncomfortable to touch, almost as if it’s bruised but there is no bruise there! I’m guessing it’s just due to stretching as my belly button looks like it’s lost the will to live and I’ve been getting round ligament pain. I have a feeling it might be linked to the position twin 1 is in, but unsure! Even my jumper touching it is bothering me, I just can’t get comfy 😫
Yes!! I've been getting it in one spot on my right side quite high up, I'm convinced the baby is kicking one spot and bruising my insides 😂 not sure how medically accurate that is though hahaha

• Heart
Yes! I’ve felt sore and bruised at the bottom of my bump, probably a hand width down from my belly button and right in the middle. It’s so tender that it was actually painful having a scan last week and I was relieved when they swapped to internal (after all my worrying about it!) 🙈 I’ve just assumed that’s where all the stretching is going on now and baby is definitely sat down there because my bump has dropped which is making it worse because there’s pressure on top of the stretching.
---
Thanks so much for your advice guys ❤
Whatever you decide to do just prioritise yours and your babies health. That’s the most important thing at the end of the day! 😊

• Heart
Anyone dyed their hair in the first trimester? My greys are so bad 😂 but really not sure what to do for the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.