Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you I really appreciate it ❤
I think not having any appointments still and having to wait a few more weeks is really messing with me x
I was overweight with both my pregnancies and I don’t think anyone ever mentioned it. They weighed me at my original booking appointment I think? And recorded it but never mentioned it again (thankfully)

I’ve lost quite a lot of weight since my second was born so I think I’m actually in the “normal” weight bracket now, but you’re definitely not a failure and the fact you care about it affecting your baby shows you’ll be a great mum x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Please don't be tough on yourself, you're growing a little human which is incredible, you should be proud of yourself and give yourself credit for that.
Midwifes know what they're doing and will monitor you if they feel they need to, I know it's easier said than done but just try not to worry too much x
Thank you ❤ yeah your right I do need to give myself a bit of credit, just have to trust myself and the midwife x
---
Ahh no I get it, at the first appointment when they weigh you and that it can be a bit horrible, especially cos they can say it's classed as high risk because of your weight, but honestly it's best to just not stress about something like that, the silver lining is the extra growth scans from 30 weeks that not everyone gets! You're not gonna be a bad mum, you're doing you're best like the rest of us! I think just eat healthily through you're pregnancy and concentrate on the little baby you'll have soon enough! 🩷
Yeah I’ll just have to prepare myself and voice how much it upsets me to my midwife, I never thought of extra scans so thank you for that! You guys honestly are the best, I don’t know where I would be without this thread ❤
---
I was overweight with both my pregnancies and I don’t think anyone ever mentioned it. They weighed me at my original booking appointment I think? And recorded it but never mentioned it again (thankfully)

I’ve lost quite a lot of weight since my second was born so I think I’m actually in the “normal” weight bracket now, but you’re definitely not a failure and the fact you care about it affecting your baby shows you’ll be a great mum x
Thank you for saying that ❤ it’s mad how much information all comes at once and deffo a bit overwhelmed x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sore boobs, feeling super bloated (can’t fit in my jeans anymore or bras) and nausea comes and goes 🥲

• Heart
Just sore boobs here so far but I am only 4+3. Boobs have only started hurting the last couple of days. Back in for bloods today to check hcg has doubled since Monday (IVF baby) ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Isn’t cramp supposed to be a lack of potassium? You might need to eat some bananas (but not too many) 😂

Do we need to create a new thread?

• Haha
I eat loads of bananas 😂 Google says I need more water but I drink loads of water too. I think it’s just one of those annoying pregnancy things 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I eat loads of bananas 😂 Google says I need more water but I drink loads of water too. I think it’s just one of those annoying pregnancy things 😂
I find magnesium spray really helps, I get twinges in my calves usually before bed and it helps them so much

• Heart
I had a couple of nights of horrendous cramp in my calves, my leg was sore for a week after!! Still get the odd twinge now but it doesn’t seem to develop into anything too painful.

All I could find online was that it’s yet another fun preggo thing 🙄🙄 and to stretch your calves before bed. I tend to just point my toes back and forth when I’m laid there 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone, hope your all doing ok! 🥰 has anyone else had pains when you sneeze? Lately whenever I sneeze I get a really sharp pain really low down on both sides. The pain goes once I've sneezed but at the time its so painful. I have googled and it says that can happen when your pregnant due to your ligaments etc but just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same? Thank you!

Hi everyone, hope your all doing ok! 🥰 has anyone else had pains when you sneeze? Lately whenever I sneeze I get a really sharp pain really low down on both sides. The pain goes once I've sneezed but at the time its so painful. I have googled and it says that can happen when your pregnant due to your ligaments etc but just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same? Thank you!
Yep me! I get the fear every time I feel a sneeze or cough brewing 😅 make sure not to stretch too suddenly too as that can also trigger it

I did around the start of my second trimester when my round ligament pain started!

Highly recommend taking magnesium tablets for cramping and restless legs.

I spent an hour last night on this Doula’s instagram because they had some amazing videos of birth but my God, they’re antivaxx, anti birth certificate (because then babies can be exchanged on the stock market!?), anti hospital, anti scans, believed placenta are stolen by hospital for profit…. The scare mongering and misinformation was insane! And people were lapping it up, buying her guide of course 🤬
Be careful out there ladies, these people are very convincing and play on your fears so well.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Yes 😅 usually if I’m lying down though.. I did read online if you hold/support your bump when you sneeze it can hurt less. Worth a try!

Reactions: 2
17 weeks today and starting to feel and see proper movements now. Could feel slight flutters before but always convince myself that’s just gas. Nice and reassuring to actually feel proper little pops now, it makes you feel pregnant 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.