Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, they just explained I could try for a VBAC and what could happen, how likely to be successful etc and let me ask questions. The consultant was better than the midwife. Neither can ‘advise’ as such but they can talk about likely outcomes.
Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1
Anyone heard they’ve changed the growth charts? Just had my 34 midwife appointment and it’s a new growth chart now so everything’s all over the place, going to be a lot of extra growth scans for people currently pregnant!!

Anyone else around 24 weeks now? If so, where are you feeling movements from baby? I feel like baby boy is feet down, constantly feeling nudges and kicks at the bottom of my belly, sometimes it really takes me by surprise! Anyone else had this? I don't remember feeling this type of movement in my lower belly during my first pregnancy!

As another ineffective treatment for headaches, if anyone’s suffering try those kool patches. I can’t lie, they’re not amazing 😂 but a non medicinal safe for pregnant women alternative to go alongside our already pointless paracetamol 🤠 they’re also like 4 for £2 on Amazon which is cheap enough

If you can’t tell, I currently have a headache hating my life wishing I could pop Nurofen

• Heart
Reactions: 2
As another ineffective treatment for headaches, if anyone’s suffering try those kool patches. I can’t lie, they’re not amazing 😂 but a non medicinal safe for pregnant women alternative to go alongside our already pointless paracetamol 🤠 they’re also like 4 for £2 on Amazon which is cheap enough

If you can’t tell, I currently have a headache hating my life wishing I could pop Nurofen
These got me through my first trimester and the many headaches since. I love them. I think there was a couple of weeks where I had one permanently attached to my head and ended up googling if that could cause problems 😂 I’ve packed some in my hospital bag too 🤣
---
Anyone heard they’ve changed the growth charts? Just had my 34 midwife appointment and it’s a new growth chart now so everything’s all over the place, going to be a lot of extra growth scans for people currently pregnant!!
What’s changed about it? I’m a bit worried about being measured at my next appt because my bump has definitely dropped and looks much smaller now so it’s going to plot really weirdly on the chart.

Anyone else around 24 weeks now? If so, where are you feeling movements from baby? I feel like baby boy is feet down, constantly feeling nudges and kicks at the bottom of my belly, sometimes it really takes me by surprise! Anyone else had this? I don't remember feeling this type of movement in my lower belly during my first pregnancy!
24+6 and get movements all over the place now! I can definitely feel him more when he’s lower down (I have a high anterior placenta so I’m sure that’s why). I’ve had a few days where it has literally felt like he’s been kicking my cervix. The strangest feeling 😂

I'm 29 weeks and I feel the majority at my knicker line below my belly button but iv had it confirmed he's head down. So guess he's just headbutting me!

I feel the occasional one higher up but not much.

Have you tried the 4Head stick? I get bad migraines and that plus lots of water / paracetamol and a dark room really do make a difference to me anyway

Have you tried the 4Head stick? I get bad migraines and that plus lots of water / paracetamol and a dark room really do make a difference to me anyway
No I will though thank you!

Boyfriend came home at 5 with paracetamol (I’d had none left) and a can of coke and it’s done the trick finally

• Heart
Hey guys I’m having a really emotional time and feel like such a failure, I joined the gym in feb to start loosing weight coz we wanted to start trying, low and behold the month I joined I got pregnant.

I’m classed as obese in pregnancy and I’m just so worried that I’m not gonna be my best and because of my weight I’m gonna damage my baby and I’m just so scared after reading up on it all. I really don’t want to go through this whole pregnancy with my weight being the focus, it’s been the focus all my life, bullied all through school and I just feel like a bad mum already 😞

• Heart
So, just found out I’m pregnant with #2. My first pregnancy was awful with sickness & problems with my heart, in the end he came 6 weeks early and needed special care cos he was so tiny. Will this baby get extra scans/checks because of that? I’m more nervous incase I have to go back into NICU than I am to give birth 🤦🏼‍♀️

So, just found out I’m pregnant with #2. My first pregnancy was awful with sickness & problems with my heart, in the end he came 6 weeks early and needed special care cos he was so tiny. Will this baby get extra scans/checks because of that? I’m more nervous incase I have to go back into NICU than I am to give birth 🤦🏼‍♀️
Congratulations! Yes they will, you'll be closely monitored and under a consultant if you're NHS.

Hey guys I’m having a really emotional time and feel like such a failure, I joined the gym in feb to start loosing weight coz we wanted to start trying, low and behold the month I joined I got pregnant.

I’m classed as obese in pregnancy and I’m just so worried that I’m not gonna be my best and because of my weight I’m gonna damage my baby and I’m just so scared after reading up on it all. I really don’t want to go through this whole pregnancy with my weight being the focus, it’s been the focus all my life, bullied all through school and I just feel like a bad mum already 😞
Try not to worry too much! I'm overweight too and was in my first pregnancy and it was barely every mentioned to me! I got extra growth scans because of my weight but other than that I honestly can't remember a time it was mentioned to me at all negatively or not.
I had the same feelings as you first time round though so I completely understand where you're coming from, but you will be fine and you'll forget it was even a concern later on in your pregnancy

Try not to worry too much! I'm overweight too and was in my first pregnancy and it was barely every mentioned to me! I got extra growth scans because of my weight but other than that I honestly can't remember a time it was mentioned to me at all negatively or not.
I had the same feelings as you first time round though so I completely understand where you're coming from, but you will be fine and you'll forget it was even a concern later on in your pregnancy
Thank you I really appreciate it ❤
I think not having any appointments still and having to wait a few more weeks is really messing with me x

• Heart

Please don't be tough on yourself, you're growing a little human which is incredible, you should be proud of yourself and give yourself credit for that.
Midwifes know what they're doing and will monitor you if they feel they need to, I know it's easier said than done but just try not to worry too much x

• Heart
Thank you I really appreciate it ❤
I think not having any appointments still and having to wait a few more weeks is really messing with me x
Ahh no I get it, at the first appointment when they weigh you and that it can be a bit horrible, especially cos they can say it's classed as high risk because of your weight, but honestly it's best to just not stress about something like that, the silver lining is the extra growth scans from 30 weeks that not everyone gets! You're not gonna be a bad mum, you're doing you're best like the rest of us! I think just eat healthily through you're pregnancy and concentrate on the little baby you'll have soon enough! 🩷

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.