Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The pregnancy hormones really just got me crying, I ripped my pregnancy pillow yesterday and my partners just come in with me bbhugme one. Can't cope with the tears hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm 8 weeks today and have zero symptoms since the beginning and everything is, so far, fine 🤞. Every pregnancy is different but I really wish they could do some research into why!!
New research into sickness says, to simplify, it’s to do you your baseline of certain hormones. If you naturally have higher rates it’s not such a shock to the system and you have fewer symptoms. Pretty much down to luck!

How do we all feel about sweeps? I'm 31 weeks now so need to start being mentally prepared haha. I maybe should look at some statistics. Is it bascially meant to bring on labour sooner? I kinda just wanted to let my body do its thing but let me know what you all think. First baby as you can tell, no idea what I'm doing tbh lol
I had a sweep at 41+2 last time and I personally didn’t find it that bad, I have had worse smear tests. I know people who hated it though.

I was offered one but midwife wasn’t that hopeful but I did it just to see if it helped.

My little one was born just under 48 hours after so I think it may have played a part.

I’d do it again as well but definitely ask your midwife for more information!

How do we all feel about sweeps? I'm 31 weeks now so need to start being mentally prepared haha. I maybe should look at some statistics. Is it bascially meant to bring on labour sooner? I kinda just wanted to let my body do it's thing but let me know what you all think. First baby as you can tell, no idea what I'm doing tbh lol
I was told by the consultant that they would probably do a sweep for me if I go past my due date due to my age and the fact things start to fall out 😳🤯 (sounds like bollocks to me!) I'm not wanting one. Having read about them and spoken to my midwife, my understanding is they can be painful and can lead to a more painful labour that may require more interventions. I would much rather things happened naturally so my body is in the right "mode" rather than forcing it.
---
That’s true. Hope you have a lovely weekend away and in the nicest possible way, hope you’re sickness comes back to give you some reassurance ❤
---
I feel like this baby is doing forward rolls with knives attached to his back today. So painful I want to cry every time he moves 😭 it’s proper take your breath away frozen to the spot pain every time - and it’s been about 10 times already. I’ve been doing laps of the house trying to get him to change position or go to sleep with the rocking movement but every time I stop it’s like he rolls again and it’s like being sliced right down the middle of my stomach from above my belly button to my pubic bone 😩
I've had similar with my wee one, some times feels like he's trying to squeeze his butt out of my belly button 😬 Like the kid has no chill! I find being on all fours helps or placing something warm at the top of my bump gets him to shimmy up a bit. Wouldn't recommend doing the latter too often as you don't want to encourage them to spin round!

Last edited:
  • Heart
On page 1 but I'm ginger and the majority of my kids are so we make our own vit D. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My understanding of sweeps is that if your cervix isn’t already “favourable” and your body/baby isn’t ready, then it probably won’t do much! There’s no harm in trying though. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My understanding of sweeps is that if your cervix isn’t already “favourable” and your body/baby isn’t ready, then it probably won’t do much! There’s no harm in trying though. ❤
Thank you! I know every pregnancy and body is different so it's hard for me thinking about some decisions I'll have to make, when the outcome could so many different things!!

• Heart
Didn’t end up having my sweep today (it would have been my third one) because the midwife didn’t put it in her diary. Just feel like my midwife has been so crap this time around.

• Sad
The pregnancy hormones really just got me crying, I ripped my pregnancy pillow yesterday and my partners just come in with me bbhugme one. Can't cope with the tears hahaha
Yesterday I was listening to my birth playlist and I was sobbing. Felt so ridiculous but also really helped me destress a bit.

Apparently sad/emotional tears have the stress hormone cortisol in them, so crying serves the purpose of ridding your body of stress. It’s good for
you to have a little weep now and then!

• Heart
I cried the other day because I couldn’t open a jar of jam 😅
Don't worry, I cried the other day because I got a hole in my favourite pair of tights that left my big toe poking out. I think it was my partners look of utter pity that tipped me over the edge 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can I get your opinions please ☺ I know my date's exactly. I've always tracked everything!! So first scan I was 6 weeks and 5 days. Perfect... exactly match my date's! I'm 11 weeks today and had my second scan and I'm measuring 11weeks and 6 day's? What would the reason for this be??

Can I get your opinions please ☺ I know my date's exactly. I've always tracked everything!! So first scan I was 6 weeks and 5 days. Perfect... exactly match my date's! I'm 11 weeks today and had my second scan and I'm measuring 11weeks and 6 day's? What would the reason for this be??
I wouldn’t take the measuring too seriously. You can have ovulated slightly earlier or later, you can’t tell exactly which day the conceiving actually happened given sperm can live for a few days too. Also I was at my 12 week on Monday and she had to do the scanning + measuring twice (system error) and it actually measured different both times, despite being 5 minutes apart. I’d gone for a private scan before and they said anywhere between 6w+3 and 7w 🤣 great range I know

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I had this with my first also when they scanned me and told me how much he weighed they were 2lb out! I think at best the ultrasound measurements are a guess hahaha

Well all they do is draw a line from end of the baby to the other and then it magics up a week on their screen 🤣

• Haha
Managed to clean the downstairs of the house so just need to sort out the bedrooms before the in laws arrive on Sunday. Unfortunately my toddler is now poorly 🤦‍♀️ Hoping Calpol saves the day and also hoping baby stays put two more days 🫠

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Managed to clean the downstairs of the house so just need to sort out the bedrooms before the in laws arrive on Sunday. Unfortunately my toddler is now poorly 🤦‍♀️ Hoping Calpol saves the day and also hoping baby stays put two more days 🫠
You’re about to pop and you’ve done more than I can be arsed to do at 13 weeks 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.