Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure I saw someone post on one of these threads recently that if you book a nursery appointment with John Lewis, you get 10% off whatever you purchase?

Has anyone done this with pushchairs or big ticket items? I’m desperately trying to find a way of getting the Bugaboo Donkey Twin at a (slightly!) discounted price!!
Yes me! You get 15% off any purchase over £1500. We got the bugaboo donkey duo down from the £1530 to around £1200 I think it was using this

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Does anyone else have all their notes, appointments and test results dealt with via on online service called MyMFT? It's so user unfriendly, I've just called the hospital as my blood test results still aren't showing 10 days later. As soon as I called they magically appeared. Nearly had a panic seeing some were negative before looking again and seeing it was for syphilis and the likes, phew 😅

I had my early scan today due to some spotting. My last period puts me at 6 weeks & 2 days but they said I’m measuring 5. They only saw the sac & nothing else 😥 They did say I could just be too early or it could be that the pregnancy isn’t progressing as it should. I do ovulate late (around day 22 of my cycle) so don’t know if that could be why? Got to wait 10 days for another scan. Hate all this waiting and not knowing. Anyone had anything similar happen?
Don’t want to scare you but this is what happened to me, I thought I was 8 weeks but was only measuring 6. I had to wait a week and then went back and it was a missed miscarriage. BUT I was totally sure on my dates and ovulation etc so it could be that your timeline is just a bit off. 6 weeks is still early to see anything even if all is well. You could still go back and be totally fine. Sending lots of love

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m sure I saw someone post on one of these threads recently that if you book a nursery appointment with John Lewis, you get 10% off whatever you purchase?

Has anyone done this with pushchairs or big ticket items? I’m desperately trying to find a way of getting the Bugaboo Donkey Twin at a (slightly!) discounted price!!
Yes, we did this. Our Bugaboo Fox and preferred car seat were discounted, plus we added smaller things too like towels, bedding etc. Furniture and clothes are not included in the offer. We managed to get more money off too by using the smart spending app that we get through my husband's work, so it's worth seeing if anyone you know gets those perks through work.

• Heart
Have my hospital 12 week scan tomorrow and I’m so excited! Even though I’ve had a private scan and another one in the hospital due to spotting, I’m soooo excited like it’s my first scan. Booking appointment on Tuesday too. I never thought I’d get to this point, I’m so happy 🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had my early scan today due to some spotting. My last period puts me at 6 weeks & 2 days but they said I’m measuring 5. They only saw the sac & nothing else 😥 They did say I could just be too early or it could be that the pregnancy isn’t progressing as it should. I do ovulate late (around day 22 of my cycle) so don’t know if that could be why? Got to wait 10 days for another scan. Hate all this waiting and not knowing. Anyone had anything similar happen?
Me and it wasn’t good news I’m afraid (previous pregnancy). I did spend a lot of time reading up online though and there were plenty of happy stories amongst the sad ones. Sometimes it really is just too early or your dates are off due to ovulation etc.

Naturally it‘ll be all you can think about but worrying won’t change the outcome, so try fill your time as best you can to take your mind off it or you’ll drive yourself mad.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Barbara’s bugaboos on Facebook, it’s where we got our donkey twin from. All in cost me £1200 rather than 3k+. In beautiful condition, she bought it back from me for £850 once the twins grew out of it.

• Heart
Have a feeling wee one is going to come soon. Definitely feels like they've bobbed down into my pelvis again today because I'm getting some pains across the bottom of my bump. Also been to the loo a lot today 💩😳 No mucus plug or waters yet though. Hang tight little buddy, the in laws won't be here until Sunday and I haven't packed my bag yet! 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, I went when I thought I was 7+5 and was only measuring 5+6 (we saw a heartbeat though and she’d said if we went a day earlier we probably wouldn’t have done). I hadn’t actually tracked ovulation that cycle so they said I probably ovulated later than usual and that’s why. But then I went exactly 2 weeks later (so when they say we’d be 7+6)and she’d had a little growth spurt and was then actually measuring 8+6. 12 week scan matched this so was still a week or so behind what I originally thought x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Have a feeling wee one is going to come soon. Definitely feels like they've bobbed down into my pelvis again today because I'm getting some pains across the bottom of my bump. Also been to the loo a lot today 💩😳 No mucus plug or waters yet though. Hang tight little buddy, the in laws won't be here until Sunday and I haven't packed my bag yet! 😭
Good luck! Maybe pack your bag now just incase 🙈

Was thinking that but struggling to get about just now 😬 Hoping a rest will help
Direct your partner from the sofa/bed! It probably won’t be as neat and organised as if you do it yourself but at least you’ll have the stuff you need thrown in a bag 😊

Direct your partner from the sofa/bed! It probably won’t be as neat and organised as if you do it yourself but at least you’ll have the stuff you need thrown in a bag 😊
He's currently trying to wrangle the toddler who is stating very loudly that he doesn't want daddy, he only wants mummy 🙄 Keep getting a really strong pinching sensation at the bottom of my bump, kinda like when you try on a pair of trousers that are too small and you pinch the skin doing them up. Bloody hurts 😳 Baby keeps rolling from side to side, that's not helping 😂 Hoping it eases by the time wee man goes to bed and then I can pack after I put him to bed 🤞

• Heart
He's currently trying to wrangle the toddler who is stating very loudly that he doesn't want daddy, he only wants mummy 🙄 Keep getting a really strong pinching sensation at the bottom of my bump, kinda like when you try on a pair of trousers that are too small and you pinch the skin doing them up. Bloody hurts 😳 Baby keeps rolling from side to side, that's not helping 😂 Hoping it eases by the time wee man goes to bed and then I can pack after I put him to bed 🤞
Oh no! Fingers crossed you manage to get it sorted in time. Still time for a leap year baby 😂
---
Feel like my bump has grown 10x overnight! Not even half way and feeling MASSIVE🫣
I feel you! I feel ginormous and some of my maternity tops are too tight around bump now. I feel like my skin is going to split if I get any bigger. 9ish weeks to go for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oh no! Fingers crossed you manage to get it sorted in time. Still time for a leap year baby 😂
---

I feel you! I feel ginormous and some of my maternity tops are too tight around bump now. I feel like my skin is going to split if I get any bigger. 9ish weeks to go for me.
Ahhh so exciting!! Hope the next 9 weeks fly by and get some rest while you can!❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My bump feels huge today too! I feel like I’ve proper popped. 2 people stopped me at the school today on school run and told me how big I’m looking 🫣 13 weeks to go for me

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Out of interest, has everyone put on dress sizes too or finding they can wear their normal size but in maternity? There’s some clothes I want. Non-maternity, but would expand enough / suit a bump when I get one. Just unsure of what size to actually get to last as much of my pregnancy as possible

I’m buying my normal size in maternity or 2 sizes up in normal clothes which are baggy on my arms/legs but fit bump ok at the moment.

Out of interest, has everyone put on dress sizes too or finding they can wear their normal size but in maternity? There’s some clothes I want. Non-maternity, but would expand enough / suit a bump when I get one. Just unsure of what size to actually get to last as much of my pregnancy as possible
I've had to go up a size in maternity clothes. My bump is all out front and maternity clothes in my normal size were digging in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.