Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 18w and I’ve only really started telling people since we had the gender scan 🤣 I feel so awkward and I cba to have the same conversation over and over. But my fella is really excited and wants to tell everyone so I’m trying to embrace that.

I’m not putting anything on social media till after the 20w scan but now I’m getting closer to that I might not bother and just announce the birth 🤣🤣

Reactions: 7
I’m 18w and I’ve only really started telling people since we had the gender scan 🤣 I feel so awkward and I cba to have the same conversation over and over. But my fella is really excited and wants to tell everyone so I’m trying to embrace that.

I’m not putting anything on social media till after the 20w scan but now I’m getting closer to that I might not bother and just announce the birth 🤣🤣
I haven’t put anything on social media yet (22weeks now) and don’t think I’m going to. I think I’ll just keep my baby as a surprise then when I see people for the first time in ages I’ll be like oh this baby? Yeah that’s my son 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My mate was asking me how am I gonna announce it on social media. Tbh babes probably won't bother. Might just pop up with a family Xmas photo when baby is like 4 months old. 😂😂😂

Reactions: 9
I’m not announcing the birth on social media or posting pics of him/his name etc. Anyone I want to know will get a message when we’re ready. Anyone else can wait.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
We didn't mention anything on Facebook this time round as have had several friends struggling with fertility issues and other things and it felt a bit like I was rubbing it in having a second when they're struggling to have one. That being said the constant messages asking where wee one is are really getting on my nerves. Like we wouldn't say anything and I'm only one day past due 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Yeah I’m at that stage in life where all my close friends and family are on WhatsApp/phone calls… not social media. Fake social media aquantiences are not the one!

Reactions: 6
It's wierd isn't it. Younger me was desperate to splash news like this all over social media. Current me is far more picky about who knows what, and I almost feel protective over this news.
I might just do a big social media cull and then put a low key post up when we know the gender. But in the mean time only immediate family and close friends will be told.

It's wierd isn't it. Younger me was desperate to splash news like this all over social media. Current me is far more picky about who knows what, and I almost feel protective over this news.
I might just do a big social media cull and then put a low key post up when we know the gender. But in the mean time only immediate family and close friends will be told.
yeah that is a really good plan I think!

Reactions: 2
I don’t feel like posting it on social media because I started my Instagram young, so have all sorts of followers I don’t actually know, so don’t care about. My ex’s friends still gossip about me and send him everything and again, don’t care for people to be able to talk about me. I’ve told everyone I want to know. So, I wasn’t gonna put it up at all and then one day I’ll just post a one year old 😂 buuuut I do have a holiday coming up and also a wedding, so if I do get a good bump pic from one of those I’ll probs post it with the caption ‘Brb’ 🤣. But not in a rush and also not bothered - it’ll purely be if I get a really nice picture

Baby is I can only assume pushing on my waters. Just been shops and had to stop walking and sit down as I swore my waters was gonna break.

I’m not sure whether I should be ringing the hospital to get checked or not or if this is normal at this stage? Baby is moving, not loads and not really kicking - im getting the odd kick but not regular kicks despite a cold drink and some haribo, but he is moving if I put something cold on my belly to encourage him to move. But whenever he does it’s SO painful. Right in the centre of my stomach below my belly button. I’m 30 weeks. Hasn’t been painful like this before except when he’s turned but he’s not turning. Not sure if it’s the position he’s in and the movement is pressing on something - how can I get him to change position to see? I feel like I’m wasting time or will seem like a wimp if I ring triage and say “baby IS moving, not loads but he is but it really hurts when he does” 🙈

• Heart
I’m not sure whether I should be ringing the hospital to get checked or not or if this is normal at this stage? Baby is moving, not loads and not really kicking - im getting the odd kick but not regular kicks despite a cold drink and some haribo, but he is moving if I put something cold on my belly to encourage him to move. But whenever he does it’s SO painful. Right in the centre of my stomach below my belly button. I’m 30 weeks. Hasn’t been painful like this before except when he’s turned but he’s not turning. Not sure if it’s the position he’s in and the movement is pressing on something - how can I get him to change position to see? I feel like I’m wasting time or will seem like a wimp if I ring triage and say “baby IS moving, not loads but he is but it really hurts when he does” 🙈
Yes, you should call. Any change in movement. Let them decide if you need to be seen.

Reactions: 3
I did a bit of crawling on the floor to try and move him and he’s back to kicking and wriggling normally after several hours of not moving much. But it’s still SO painful 😩 wondering if he’s been lying awkwardly and it’s just made something tender. It only hurts when he moves 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ll ring triage for advice but waiting for Mr R to check his phone and be on standby incase they want me in to be checked because last time I phoned them about bleeding then had to get hold of Mr R to come home to go in they told me off for taking so long to get there after calling 😅

• Heart
Give them a ring, that's what they're there for. They'll be happy to help you, if nothing else, just to give you peace of mind.
---
I did a bit of crawling on the floor to try and move him and he’s back to kicking and wriggling normally after several hours of not moving much. But it’s still SO painful 😩 wondering if he’s been lying awkwardly and it’s just made something tender. It only hurts when he moves 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ll ring triage for advice but waiting for Mr R to check his phone and be on standby incase they want me in to be checked because last time I phoned them about bleeding then had to get hold of Mr R to come home to go in they told me off for taking so long to get there after calling 😅
Hopefully they'll just say he's lying awkwardly and you've got a little pointy elbow or knee sticking in somewhere uncomfortable 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I reckon that’s what it is! From what I could feel he’s been lying with his bum in my pelvis, legs towards my right hip because that’s where I could feel kicks when he did and head by my left hip. Which matches up with how low and oddly shaped my bump has been today 😅 so I think he’s probably just put excess weight/stretchyness on the bottom of my bump because after me crawling he’s much higher up and the pain has eased but still bad when he moves - he’s moving a lot now.

I’m gonna have grey hair by the time this kid appears 😂

• Heart
I've been so excited to tell everyone, but as of tomorrow I'll have had my official scan with the NHS so will be at the point where it's 'safe' to tell people...but I've suddenly felt like I just want to keep it quiet, and the thought of actually saying it out loud to others makes me feel sick with nerves.
I'm sending a special scratch card thing to reveal it to my parents to be opened on mothers day, we live at the opposite end of the country so it's just not been possible to put a plan into action to tell them in person. But I know I can't keep it quiet past this weekend as our March is very busy with social events and how many times can a rum loving girl say she's driving?!
This was sooo me! When I first found out I wanted to tell everyone sooo bad it was constantly on the tip of my tongue, I’d have told the postman if he’d have cared!! But once it was ‘safe’ to tell I didn’t want to tell a soul. I don’t know why I just liked it being our little secret, and I found it somewhat awkward (for want of a better word..) I think by about 6 months I had eventually told everyone 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey everyone, does anyone have any good tips about telling employers? I’ve just started a new job and feel sick about telling them. I’m 18weeks so running out of time!

Hey everyone, does anyone have any good tips about telling employers? I’ve just started a new job and feel sick about telling them. I’m 18weeks so running out of time!
I told mine as soon as I found out for risk assessment purposes. If you are in a job where you won’t need one you could wait a couple of weeks but it’s probably best to just tell them. Are you on a probation period or is it a permanent contract?

I’m on a permanent contract but think I’m still in my probation period as I’ve only been there since Christmas x

• Heart
Ah so it’s not like you started last week 😁 I’d definitely tell them asap incase you need time off for appointments etc (20 week scan soon?) and so they can support you, complete risk assessments, sort maternity cover etc. You’ve got a few more weeks until you legally have to tell them though

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.