Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last time I was pregnant I gained really little weight. Now im 14 weeks and gained 4 pounds allready šŸ‘€ how cause most of the time ive been soooo sick and not eaten much at all. Usually I love sugary treats now ive veen like no thanks for weeks. I dont wanna stress about weight but my first pregnancy I gained so little it gave me false sense of reality šŸ˜†šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Last time I was pregnant I gained really little weight. Now im 14 weeks and gained 4 pounds allready šŸ‘€ how cause most of the time ive been soooo sick and not eaten much at all. Usually I love sugary treats now ive veen like no thanks for weeks. I dont wanna stress about weight but my first pregnancy I gained so little it gave me false sense of reality šŸ˜†šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
4lbs?? I've gained 3 stone lol!!!!!

• Haha
I gained nothing then between 18 and 23 weeks suddenly gained almost a stone. I didnā€™t even know that was possible. Iā€™m struggling a bit this time with the body changes as Iā€™m spreading all over but trying to embrace it as itā€™ll be my last pregnancy. I feel like these influencers running on about the miracle of the body and pregnancy and all that is so unrealistic. It can be hard when you donā€™t recognise your own body.

Reactions: 3
Iā€™ve gained about a stone and Iā€™m 28 weeks. It is hard looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing the difference. The biggest change is my arms, they just look bigger!? I just keep telling myself ā€˜lots of walks lots of walksā€™ when baby is here šŸ¤£ Iā€™m still fitting in most of my pre pregnancy clothes apart from one pair of high waist flared leggings - their so tight on my belly I need to rip them off whenever I wear them!

Reactions: 4
I refuse to weigh myself, I lost so much weight in the 18ish months before I got pregnant that I donā€™t want to depress myself by seeing Iā€™ve put loads back on if I have. I donā€™t think Iā€™d actually be able to see past my bump to the scales now anyway šŸ˜‚ I lost 2stone in the first trimester because of HG and donā€™t feel like Iā€™ve put loads on generally across my body so hopefully I havenā€™t. But if I have I know I can lose it again.
I still fit in my normal clothes everywhere except my bras and my bump which is ginormous already. Itā€™s like an actual beach ball up my top now and some of my maternity tops and a dress are now too tight around it to wear and maternity leggings are starting to leave digging in marks. Iā€™m reluctant to buy any more though with only 8ish weeks to go but no idea what Iā€™m going to wear outside the house soon šŸ˜‚ think Iā€™ll have to start wearing Mr Rā€™s T-shirts and leggings rolled under my bump šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Heart
I've gained about a stone and a half and it's literally all bump. I had to get a larger bra size because the band was too tight but kept the same cup size and my arms, legs and face are no different. I hadn't managed to lose the baby weight I'd gained with my first baby so am currently 4 stone over where I would like to be. It's really difficult seeing my body as it is now, I don't recognise myself and I feel really uncomfortable in my own skin.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have no idea how Iā€™m going to name this child! We know the gender so at least thatā€™s only half but it just feels like such a big thing. One of the names I like the MIL keeps suggesting and it just puts me off thinking she will think we chose her name even though we had already decided. One name has moved up my list and I really fancy it at the moment but will probably change my mind next week!
Itā€™s so hard isnā€™t it. I feel like youā€™ve got to both really love it too! We also know so many kids that it rules so many out as well šŸ«£

Itā€™s so hard isnā€™t it. I feel like youā€™ve got to both really love it too! We also know so many kids that it rules so many out as well šŸ«£
Yeah itā€™s so hard. Weā€™ve still got a while yet to decide so hoping I may get inspiration from somewhere. We like similar style names just not the exact ones and think we will decide one theyā€™re here. We wonā€™t be telling anyone if we decide earlier because I donā€™t want peopleā€™s opinions !
---
I've gained about a stone and a half and it's literally all bump. I had to get a larger bra size because the band was too tight but kept the same cup size and my arms, legs and face are no different. I hadn't managed to lose the baby weight I'd gained with my first baby so am currently 4 stone over where I would like to be. It's really difficult seeing my body as it is now, I don't recognise myself and I feel really uncomfortable in my own skin.
last time I weighed myself I think Iā€™ve put on around half a stone and Iā€™m half way. I started as a 16 so donā€™t want to put on loads that isnā€™t the baby / pregnancy related. Iā€™m at that awkward stage where Iā€™m definitely getting bigger and barely any clothes fit but a stranger wouldnā€™t know Iā€™m pregnant !

Iā€™m only 14 weeks but already dreading picking a name. My first was 10 days old before we agreed on his name but it was a family name I had always wanted. We have the baby names apps but I hate everything!

• Heart
Weā€™ve got a name thankfully! We had one for each gender from quite early on. Our four year old talks to my stomach and calls it by her name so heā€™d be raging if we changed the name now šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Weā€™ve got a name thankfully! We had one for each gender from quite early on. Our four year old talks to my stomach and calls it by her name so heā€™d be raging if we changed the name now šŸ˜‚
Ahhh this is so cute. My 3.5yo has plenty offered of suggestionsā€¦ unfortunately they are not helpful when they are Bum bum, Carney and Cooley šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ahhh this is so cute. My 3.5yo has plenty offered of suggestionsā€¦ unfortunately they are not helpful when they are Bum bum, Carney and Cooley šŸ¤£
Oh heā€™s fine with the first name but the middle name heā€™s suggested Car, doughnut and chocolate finger šŸ˜†

• Haha
My 3.5 year old has suggested ā€œwee wee and poo pooā€ and ā€œpedro pony and danny dogā€ for her twin siblings šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My 3.5 year old has suggested ā€œwee wee and poo pooā€ and ā€œpedro pony and danny dogā€ for her twin siblings šŸ¤£
Ah yeah mine suggested Peppa at first for his baby sister til he got his head round her actual name šŸ˜†

• Haha
Ah yeah mine suggested Peppa at first for his baby sister til he got his head round her actual name šŸ˜†
Georgie/George is actually a contender for us. 3yr old loves it šŸ˜‚ But with all the names in the world if feels like we should go for something less familiarā€¦. But equally I donā€™t want to curse the kid with a weird name for the sake of being different. The surname is a noun too which makes it a little harder.

• Heart
Georgie/George is actually a contender for us. 3yr old loves it šŸ˜‚ But with all the names in the world if feels like we should go for something less familiarā€¦. But equally I donā€™t want to curse the kid with a weird name for the sake of being different. The surname is a noun too which makes it a little harder.
I love the name George! Itā€™s in my top 5 boys names. I see people say ā€˜I like this but itā€™s too commonā€™ but I think if you love a name, even if itā€™s common just go for it! Itā€™s only in the recent years quirkier names have come about! Plus when I was younger there were multiple kids in the same year with the same name and it werenā€™t such a big thing as it is now

I feel like I picked a name out so early that I am now going off it?? HelpšŸ¤£
Weā€™ve had our name picked since I found out because weā€™ve liked it for that long, Iā€™ve had my moments where Iā€™ve thought ā€˜I donā€™t like this anymoreā€™ but itā€™s probs cos weā€™re stewing on it and itā€™s becoming real šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m sure once their here and we see them itā€™ll fit well and weā€™ll be happy!

• Heart
We've got our name picked out for our boy, I've had it picked out for years and years and I'm so glad I'm finally going to be able to use it šŸ„°

• Heart
We've got a name for our wee one. Was really hard this time round because I wanted it to be in a similar vein to our first's and it would have been much easier to find one that matches if we were having a girl. For middle names we've gone with a family name, my OH family for our first, mine for our second.

I'm really struggling today. Had awful heartburn and nausea throughout the night and loads of braxton hicks. Woken up with a bad headache again (third day in a row), my hands are getting sore and are a little swollen, my eyesight is getting worse and I feel really sick again. When the midwife did the pee test yesterday she said it came back ++ which I think means protein and potentially pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure was fine and she wasn't too fussed about my other symptoms. This morning my FiL accidentally shut my little one's toe under the door and my MiL has been stressing me out because she refused to take my LO's change bag out with them (not trendy enough, happily shove stuff in her bag even though it wasn't big enough). Not sure what to do. Should I call triage about my symptoms? Really don't want to go in and end up being kept in šŸ˜¬

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.