Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg stop! I love a bowl of cereal but cannot stand milk when I’m sick so haven’t had cereal for months now. I’m longing for the day I wake up and crave cereal!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Omg stop! I love a bowl of cereal but cannot stand milk when I’m sick so haven’t had cereal for months now. I’m longing for the day I wake up and crave cereal!
Have you tried an alternative milk? I can’t stand cows milk so use almond or oat because they don’t have that horrible mouldy cow taste 😂

Hi everyone, found out yesterday I am rhesus negative. Had bloods taken to test what blood type the baby will be. This is my first so a bit worried. Anyone had any experience of this?

Hi everyone, found out yesterday I am rhesus negative. Had bloods taken to test what blood type the baby will be. This is my first so a bit worried. Anyone had any experience of this?
Yes, it's nothing to worry about, especially with your first baby. You'll need an injection around 28 weeks and another when baby is born. If you have any big event like a serious fall on bump or car accident you'll need an injection then too.
The process is actually the same in a 2nd pregnancy unless you've developed the anti-bodies that can potentially be a problem from your first pregnancy.

Reactions: 1
Yes, it's nothing to worry about, especially with your first baby. You'll need an injection around 28 weeks and another when baby is born. If you have any big event like a serious fall on bump or car accident you'll need an injection then too.
The process is actually the same in a 2nd pregnancy unless you've developed the anti-bodies that can potentially be a problem from your first pregnancy.
Same, just had the bloods back to say I need the anti D injection so that’s all booked in. It needs to be given between 28 and 30 weeks and I think (but could be wrong) they blood test the baby again after they are born and depending you may get a second injection then.
Doesn’t seem to be too much to worry about, we had a scandal here years ago as the anti D (which is a donated blood product) was infection with hepatitis so lots of women got that but I am sure there is much more rigour with the testing now

I’m Rhneg, so for my first baby I had to have that injection in my bum right after birth (and possibly one during pregnancy, I can’t 100% remember). Very simple.

For this one, they tested the baby in advance (this is a new test they do apparently) and found out it is also Rhneg, so no injections needed. Fingers crossed your baby is the same as you

32 weeks nearly and feeling it now!! Had a lovely pregnancy though apart from sickness up to 15 weeks ish.

starting to feel a bit ugh, everythings getting a bit swollen now, including my face!! I can't believe how much my face has changed although I haven't gained massive amount of weight, hope it goes down and my old face returns one day 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m Rhneg, so for my first baby I had to have that injection in my bum right after birth (and possibly one during pregnancy, I can’t 100% remember). Very simple.

For this one, they tested the baby in advance (this is a new test they do apparently) and found out it is also Rhneg, so no injections needed. Fingers crossed your baby is the same as you
I asked my midwife about this last week. They can isolate the baby’s blood type in a sample of your own blood now to help prevent any issues if your blood was to come into contact with baby’s and they don’t match.

When do you normally get the form from your midwife to give to your employer about maternity leave? My employer has asked me for it twice and both times I've said that it's not until later in the pregnancy the midwife gives you it but he's saying I need to contact her and get it ASAP. I have my 20 week scan at the end of the month then an appointment a week or so after that with the midwife and I suggested I'll ask her then but he's adamant he should have it off me by now?

When do you normally get the form from your midwife to give to your employer about maternity leave? My employer has asked me for it twice and both times I've said that it's not until later in the pregnancy the midwife gives you it but he's saying I need to contact her and get it ASAP. I have my 20 week scan at the end of the month then an appointment a week or so after that with the midwife and I suggested I'll ask her then but he's adamant he should have it off me by now?
24 weeks usually. You don’t have to tell your employer until 15 weeks before your due date

• Heart
I got mine at my 20 week scan, but the employer doesn’t need to know about your plans for maternity leave until the 15th week before babies due

• Heart
24 weeks usually. You don’t have to tell your employer until 15 weeks before your due date
I got mine at my 20 week scan, but the employer doesn’t need to know about your plans for maternity leave until the 15th week before babies due
Thank you! I did know I didn't have to actually tell them yet, but we're only a small team so I told them really early on to give them time to plan for replacements etc.

I'll tell him to just be patient and I'll get the form to him when I can! He can still plan cover without the form!

I had the same issue with my boss. You can't get it any earlier than 20 weeks:

• Heart
Any tips on giving an eviction notice to babies?! Fed up of the in laws keep talking about how they're excited to meet their granddaughter and how my MiL is excited to buy all the pretty dresses 🤦‍♀️ Was only due yesterday but not sure how much more I can listen to them 🙉

You can’t hand it any earlier than 20 weeks
I won’t be getting mine till 26 week appt
You can still have chats with your boss when your annual leave and maternity leave starts and when your annual leave and maternity leave ends and also how you want your maternity pay to be paid while off so it’s just a case of filling it in when you do get it
---
Any tips on giving an eviction notice to babies?! Fed up of the in laws keep talking about how they're excited to meet their granddaughter and how my MiL is excited to buy all the pretty dresses 🤦‍♀️ Was only due yesterday but not sure how much more I can listen to them 🙉
Haha just ignore them and not respond . My MIL still thinks she’s planning on visiting in the first week and soon shuts up when she doesn’t get a response

I'm loving not telling anyone I'm pregnant. My fella just wants it out there but I am enjoying keeping it to myself.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.