Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m on a permanent contract but think I’m still in my probation period as I’ve only been there since Christmas x
Legally they can’t discriminate due to pregnancy even in a probation period.

Reactions: 4
What’s with the weird pregnancy dreams 🤣 last night I had a dream i met Adam Thomas (from the annoying Thomas brothers) in a pub that was next to a canal and I was asking him when he was gonna come back to Emmerdale (I love Emmerdale) and I weren’t paying attention to my 4 year old, who escaped and got on a canoe and started canoeing down this canal, so I was like omg Adam we’re going to have to get in your car and race to rescue my 4 year old! Like how fast was this canoe going? Luckily we managed to catch up and get him 😂 I woke up but it felt so real I was so confused!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's wierd isn't it. Younger me was desperate to splash news like this all over social media. Current me is far more picky about who knows what, and I almost feel protective over this news.
I might just do a big social media cull and then put a low key post up when we know the gender. But in the mean time only immediate family and close friends will be told.
Yeah 5 years ago I’d have been all over it 🤣 I’ve started culling a few people in readiness, but I’ve got loads of former coworkers on there (type of people who I wouldn’t message but would stop for a chat/catch up if I saw them in the corridor) who are always really happy for me with any kind of life updates and a quick post online feels a lot less awkward than blurting it out whenever I bump into someone 🤣🤣

@raspberryjuice I hope you’re feeling more comfortable this morning? I did giggle at you crawling around trying to get him to move 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Dating scan done, baby was being very awkward with their positions 🙈
And I haven't stopped being sick since, think I just hit an all time low spewing up multiple times in the middle of a retail park 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Dating scan done, baby was being very awkward with their positions 🙈
And I haven't stopped being sick since, think I just hit an all time low spewing up multiple times in the middle of a retail park 😭
Not a morning baby but hope the scan went well apart from that ❤ Hope you feel better soon

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Not a morning baby but hope the scan went well apart from that ❤ Hope you feel better soon
Definitely takes after me, just wants to be left alone til lunchtime 🤣🤣 just annoying with how sick I am now, this whole pregnancy I've only ever been sick at night until today. I wonder if it's from forcing two pints of water down, I'm terrible at drinking enough usually. I booked today off work so I could enjoy the day and go off on a shopping day or something after, but I've had to just come straight home to rest. But baby seems okay so all worthwhile 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My mate was asking me how am I gonna announce it on social media. Tbh babes probably won't bother. Might just pop up with a family Xmas photo when baby is like 4 months old. 😂😂😂
My mother in law text me last week asking when she can announce the news that she’s going to be a gran again because it’s killing her and people keep asking her. WTF she talks so much tit! All of our close friends and family know and if we bump into anyone then they will know but I’m not announcing it on socials.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Had my 40 week midwife appointment, currently 40+2. Decided to have an exam because I wasn't sure if things were progressing or not. She said that baby's head is in my pelvis and my cervix has moved but that's it ☹ She's going to book me in for monitoring on Monday and an induction on Friday as they really don't want me going more than 9/10 days over 😔 Really disheartened, was hoping for better news given how uncomfortable I am with headaches, tummy pain, pelvic pain and lower back pain 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Got my 20 week scan appointment in post today. This pregnancy is going so quickly.

• Heart
Had my 40 week midwife appointment, currently 40+2. Decided to have an exam because I wasn't sure if things were progressing or not. She said that baby's head is in my pelvis and my cervix has moved but that's it ☹ She's going to book me in for monitoring on Monday and an induction on Friday as they really don't want me going more than 9/10 days over 😔 Really disheartened, was hoping for better news given how uncomfortable I am with headaches, tummy pain, pelvic pain and lower back pain 😭
Hope things progress over the weekend for you 🤞🏼

• Heart
We had our 36 week scan today (v lucky our trust does them!). We don’t know what we’re having and had to look away at certain points. The sonographer referred to baby as he a lot then started to say she towards the end 🤣

Guess we will find out soon enough. Anyone else really struggling with names? Everyone’s opinions and suggestions are annoying me too, especially MILs!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Gender scan in 11 days officially booked. I have all boys so far. This one's defo taking it out of me more but keep telling myself it's just cause I had the boys in my 20s. Time is gonna DRAAAAG now.

• Heart
We had our 36 week scan today (v lucky our trust does them!). We don’t know what we’re having and had to look away at certain points. The sonographer referred to baby as he a lot then started to say she towards the end 🤣

Guess we will find out soon enough. Anyone else really struggling with names? Everyone’s opinions and suggestions are annoying me too, especially MILs!
I have no idea how I’m going to name this child! We know the gender so at least that’s only half but it just feels like such a big thing. One of the names I like the MIL keeps suggesting and it just puts me off thinking she will think we chose her name even though we had already decided. One name has moved up my list and I really fancy it at the moment but will probably change my mind next week!

We’ve had a name picked out since we found out I was pregnant, he’s named after a relative and my whole life I’ve wanted to use this name for a boy... but as we get closer it’s like I can’t connect it to the baby because it feels a bit grown up for a tiny newborn. I’ve spent a fortune on stuff like a cotterpillar of his name, personalised toy box etc and now I’m not sure about it. Family have bought loads of things with his name on too so I feel like we have to stick to it 🙈 I just hope when he’s here he suits the name or we can come up with a cute nickname til he grows in to his name 😂
I think I’m also a bit disappointed I didn’t get to use our girl name because I’d fallen in love with it. Maybe next time 😊🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 1
What exactly do braxton hicks feel like?
Tightening and mildly uncomfortable but not painful. And obviously completely random, with no pattern.

I get them quite often and my stomach just goes rock hard for a few seconds with some slight discomfort.

• Heart
@Jellycat369 @aggytha thank you! I’ve definitely been having braxton hicks I think, my bump keeps randomly going hard on one side and I painfully start needing a wee, well not like painful more like something is pressing down on my bladder like I need to go for a wee ASAP but the feeling goes away quick ish!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.