Pregnancy #55

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any tips on giving an eviction notice to babies?! Fed up of the in laws keep talking about how they're excited to meet their granddaughter and how my MiL is excited to buy all the pretty dresses 🤦‍♀️ Was only due yesterday but not sure how much more I can listen to them 🙉
Sex and curb walking apparently! 😂
---
I'm loving not telling anyone I'm pregnant. My fella just wants it out there but I am enjoying keeping it to myself.
I was the same. I mean I told a couple of people, but it was nice that it was just our parents/siblings and my best friends that knew. As soon as we announced and everyone knew it drove me nuts everyone asking every questions every 5 minutes. The worst bit for me was everyone suddenly became an expert on Hyperemesis and started telling me to eat ginger bleeping biscuits even though I was in and out of hospital and on so many pills I was rattling. I wanted to kill people after a couple weeks of everyone knowing 😂

Reactions: 4
How far gone are you
I'm 14+2. Find out what we are having in 2 weeks. I've got a massive undeniable bump but thankfully for me I don't see people often 😂. We do have a habit of bumping into people when we are out but have managed to avoid anyone for the past 2 or so weeks. I've gone from a size 6/8 to having to wear my well built fellas size L/XL mens clothes. Even then you can see the shape of my bump.

• Heart
I've been so excited to tell everyone, but as of tomorrow I'll have had my official scan with the NHS so will be at the point where it's 'safe' to tell people...but I've suddenly felt like I just want to keep it quiet, and the thought of actually saying it out loud to others makes me feel sick with nerves.
I'm sending a special scratch card thing to reveal it to my parents to be opened on mothers day, we live at the opposite end of the country so it's just not been possible to put a plan into action to tell them in person. But I know I can't keep it quiet past this weekend as our March is very busy with social events and how many times can a rum loving girl say she's driving?!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm the same @Lucyxxxx ! 15+1 and love that people don't know. However, I'm also looking quite big (despite being a big girl already) and I don't think I'm going to be able to hide it much longer.

Was hoping to get to 20 weeks but will be lucky if I make it to 16 at this rate!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This is the reveal card I got from Etsy...I'm so nervous and emotional about it haha
Screenshot_20240307_133142_com.etsy.android_edit_2652730243171779.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I bought an Oh Polly playsuit in a 6, that’s been my size on Oh Polly for years. It’s come. It’s tight. Like super tight. I’m officially being humbled, and my delusions that I won’t get any bigger (as if by magic) have finally given me a shock wake up call

When do you normally get the form from your midwife to give to your employer about maternity leave? My employer has asked me for it twice and both times I've said that it's not until later in the pregnancy the midwife gives you it but he's saying I need to contact her and get it ASAP. I have my 20 week scan at the end of the month then an appointment a week or so after that with the midwife and I suggested I'll ask her then but he's adamant he should have it off me by now?
You don’t get it until after your 20 week scan is complete - and it comes from your GP.

Your work HR should know that!!

Mine came from my midwife too. Didn’t have to ask for it she just wrote it out at my routine appt at 24 weeks. My boss didn’t know what to do with it when I gave it to him 😁

Reactions: 1
Diff trusts work differently hence maybe the possible confusion . For me I get it from the midwife at the 26 appt
Oh yeah some places might be later, but it’s definitely no earlier than 20 weeks. No employer should be chasing for a form so early (you don’t even legally have to tell them until 25 weeks I think)
---
This is the reveal card I got from Etsy...I'm so nervous and emotional about it haha
View attachment 2800792
Ah that’s so lovely!

• Heart
I’m 37 weeks today and absolutely exhausted- I don’t remember feeling this way with my first! I don’t know where I’ll get the energy to go through labour at this rate 😩 vivid dreams at night mean I feel like I haven’t even gone to sleep when I wake up, can’t wait to have this baby and finally be able to rest properly!

• Heart
You don’t get it until after your 20 week scan is complete - and it comes from your GP.

Your work HR should know that!!
We don't have a HR department! We're a really small business. It comes from the midwife in my trust, as they mentioned it at my booking apt but didn't say when I'd get it.

We don't have a HR department! We're a really small business. It comes from the midwife in my trust, as they mentioned it at my booking apt but didn't say when I'd get it.
Ah ok that makes sense then, they’re probably just not aware of the process. Either way you can tell them that it won’t be available until at least 20 weeks, and possibly later based on your location.
---
I’m 37 weeks today and absolutely exhausted- I don’t remember feeling this way with my first! I don’t know where I’ll get the energy to go through labour at this rate 😩 vivid dreams at night mean I feel like I haven’t even gone to sleep when I wake up, can’t wait to have this baby and finally be able to rest properly!
Yeah I’m the same - second pregnancy has been SO much more tiring than the first!

It gets MORE tiring than the first??? Count me out then 🤨
I know, I was just wondering how people do this who already have kids. I couldn’t even bring myself to walk the dog for more than 10 mins earlier 😔😔 I think I’m just a wimp!

Yeah with the first pregnancy you have more anxiety, and it’s really scary because it’s all new and unknown. But you generally have more time to rest and nap and enjoy it.

With the second, you feel more confident and less worried, because you know what you’re doing - but you also have at least 1 child to look after - so all the long naps and time on the sofa are out of the window! Also the symptoms seem to come on so much quicker - I had a huge bump by 12 weeks this time, whereas it took me 5 months to properly show the first time around.

Ah it’s all fun and games!! 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.