Pregnancy #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep I have this too! They gave me a see through Zip lock bag thing as well for it (I’ve since swapped it to a paper bag that isn’t see through because carrying a see through bag with a little pot of wee in it is a bit grim even if it is in my handbag 🤢 they said it’s to help reduce waste or something?????
Thank god it's not just me! I was wondering if they were trying to see how gullible I am :ROFLMAO: I am definitely going to be requesting a fresh pot next time! It just isn't hygenic

I don’t see the problem with washing out a pot. I’m no skank but it’s not like it’s poo or you’ve got to drink from it, just a few ml of wee, clean then wee again. It’s a ton of plastic to waste every time 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
If it’s about saving plastic surely they could just use the little cardboard pots they have at the hospital instead? The thought of carrying around/storing a pot I’ve peed in - even if it has been rinsed out - is grim 🤢

I don’t see the problem with washing out a pot. I’m no skank but it’s not like it’s poo or you’ve got to drink from it, just a few ml of wee, clean then wee again. It’s a ton of plastic to waste every time 🤷🏼‍♀️
Agree with plastic waste but they are trusting people to sterilise it properly etc… Idk maybe I’m a prude but not for me 😂 Tbf we’ll all be having to deal with copious amounts of wee soon 🤣

Reactions: 1
😂 Tbf we’ll all be having to deal with copious amounts of wee soon 🤣
Exactly, perhaps I’m numb to it after being covered in pee, poop and god knows what else so many times from first baby 😂
Potty training, reflux, leaky nappies, car sick incidents = carting about bags of rinsed wet clothes 🤢 not pleasant but after binning a few outfits you realise it’s too expensive unless they’re unsalvagable.

Fairy liquid is the saviour for poonamis and milk sick on clothes.

I just think the NHS have other things they could change first to save a few pennies rather than making people re-use pee pots. I know I've cleaned mine thoroughly, but some people will probs just do a quick swill under the tap and think that's cleaned

22+5 now and I can't stop eating lol even though I feel uncomfortable and full!! I'm snacking on fruit, yogurt, cereal bars etc though so nothing too calorific (yet haha!)

Nursery getting done soon, can anyone recommened any small furniture/spcae saver pieces? Only have a small room. defo getting a mini cot bed
We really loved our Mokee mini cot but I know there are a few out there.
We also got a full size chest of drawers (no cot changer on top) and it’s given tons of room for clothes from baby to toddler. It’s one that has longish legs so could also store things underneath it in a basket type thing (wipes/nappies etc). Our toddler is still in the box room and loves it. Ikea do a toddler bed that can be extended a couple of times so it’s full size so we were glad to have found that when we moved from the cot. I must adid that our toddler is super petite so she takes a while to outgrow everything! X

• Heart
I was given my urine sample pot back to reuse at my midwife appointment on Wednesday too! They usually do give me a new one but she said there was a shortage and they hadn’t been sent any new ones since before Christmas so had run out

When did everyone feel regular movements? I started feeling baby girl at 20 weeks, I've 22+5 now and movements aren't regular yet but I do feel her wriggling everyday, I've felt her today but not much, but I've been super busy. I think I read it's after 24 weeks a pattern should occur, can anyone confirm?

When did everyone feel regular movements? I started feeling baby girl at 20 weeks, I've 22+5 now and movements aren't regular yet but I do feel her wriggling everyday, I've felt her today but not much, but I've been super busy. I think I read it's after 24 weeks a pattern should occur, can anyone confirm?
My midwife said 26-28 weeks for a pattern 😊

• Heart
And Aldi but doesn’t look much coo except the changing mats, maybe the steam steriliser.

And Aldi but doesn’t look much coo except the changing mats, maybe the steam steriliser.
I had a couple of the changing mats with my first and the split on the seams very quickly each time.

I had a mamas and papas changing mat that I got in the sales and it was amazing because the seams were edged and bound. We used that one downstairs and the Aldi one upstairs.
We ended up getting another mamas and papas one after we'd gone though a couple of Aldi ones. M&P one was expensive we would have saved money in the end if we just got two of those in the first place.

I had a couple of the changing mats with my first and the split on the seams very quickly each time.

I had a mamas and papas changing mat that I got in the sales and it was amazing because the seams were edged and bound. We used that one downstairs and the Aldi one upstairs.
We ended up getting another mamas and papas one after we'd gone though a couple of Aldi ones. M&P one was expensive we would have saved money in the end if we just got two of those in the first place.
Thank you, I’ll give it a swerve all together then.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.