Pregnancy #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And Aldi but doesn’t look much coo except the changing mats, maybe the steam steriliser.
Go for a cold water steriliser!! We were using the tommee tippee steam steriliser but last week I got the Milton cold water bucket and it’s changed my life so much easier

Reactions: 3
Go for a cold water steriliser!! We were using the tommee tippee steam steriliser but last week I got the Milton cold water bucket and it’s changed my life so much easier
Literally same. Doesn’t feel quite right putting the microwave on for 8 minutes 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Oh really? That’s good to know. I used Milton cold water with my last and with the exception of making some teets cloudy, I loved it. I was hoping to combi feed a bit more this time so was taken with the steam one saying 4mins but if it’s not great I won’t bother.
I’ll get a mam microwave sterilising bottle for emergencies (the free one from Amazon baby list) but I dislike them for general use for not being able to sit in hot water.

Reactions: 1
Oh really? That’s good to know. I used Milton cold water with my last and with the exception of making some teets cloudy, I loved it. I was hoping to combi feed a bit more this time so was taken with the steam one saying 4mins but if it’s not great I won’t bother.
I’ll get a mam microwave sterilising bottle for emergencies (the free one from Amazon baby list) but I dislike them for general use for not being able to sit in hot water.
I’ve read if you take the lid off the mam bottle when warming in hot water it works! I haven’t tried as I just microwave to warm the milk up😅
The steam one was fine it didn’t take long to sterilise but the bottles would be so hot for ages I waited until they cooled down which was about 15 mins anyway which is how long the Milton takes

Feeling very emotional today. Found out yesterday we're going to have to pull out of purchasing our dream home and feel really disappointed in myself for not being able to secure a better paid job (was offered one and they retracted it, current job said I'm not worth the same money as others doing the same job) and I feel like it's all my fault for letting down my boys. Had one of the Baby Academy classes this morning and was having a nightmare with toddler potty training so was only half listening but ended up feeling very overwhelmed and having a panic attack. Tried to hide in the loo to calm down and my toddler just followed me. OH has zero patience with him especially with the potty training struggles and then had a go at me because I didn't want to take a free twin pram when we don't need one. On top of that I'm not sleeping because I've had chronic rib pain for months. Don't know what to do 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Feeling very emotional today. Found out yesterday we're going to have to pull out of purchasing our dream home and feel really disappointed in myself for not being able to secure a better paid job (was offered one and they retracted it, current job said I'm not worth the same money as others doing the same job) and I feel like it's all my fault for letting down my boys. Had one of the Baby Academy classes this morning and was having a nightmare with toddler potty training so was only half listening but ended up feeling very overwhelmed and having a panic attack. Tried to hide in the loo to calm down and my toddler just followed me. OH has zero patience with him especially with the potty training struggles and then had a go at me because I didn't want to take a free twin pram when we don't need one. On top of that I'm not sleeping because I've had chronic rib pain for months. Don't know what to do 😔
Try not to sweat it too much, the only way you can look at the house is it wasnt meant to be at the time. The universe has a funny way of redirecting us and everything falls into place when the time is right. Sending hugs🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Try not to sweat it too much, the only way you can look at the house is it wasnt meant to be at the time. The universe has a funny way of redirecting us and everything falls into place when the time is right. Sending hugs🥰
It's just really hard to not feel like I'm failing at every step 😔

• Heart
If it’s too much with potty training, unless you need to do it for nursery, give yourself a break. No prizes for being out of nappies and if they’re not grasping it, try again in a bit.

Re the rib pain I had that last time and it was bleeping horrific. Feeling like I couldn’t connect to the baby because I was in so much pain -and the pain meaning I barely slept seriously affected my mental health. The physio gave me some exercises that helped a little so look into that if you haven’t already, but ultimately they diagnosed costochondritis and more pain as baby was breech and sitting high. They offered pain relief but it would mean baby staying in after birth to detox. It really was debilitating so I totally feel you, you’re not alone and you’re definitely not overreacting. You will get to the finish line and it will be worth it.

• Heart
34 weeks today, babymooning this weekend and we've had a lovely weekend and I'm wide awake but nothing new at 6am. Really really beginning to struggle with pelvic pain and walking around a shop is a struggle. Feels like I still have forever to go

• Heart
If it’s too much with potty training, unless you need to do it for nursery, give yourself a break. No prizes for being out of nappies and if they’re not grasping it, try again in a bit.

Re the rib pain I had that last time and it was bleeping horrific. Feeling like I couldn’t connect to the baby because I was in so much pain -and the pain meaning I barely slept seriously affected my mental health. The physio gave me some exercises that helped a little so look into that if you haven’t already, but ultimately they diagnosed costochondritis and more pain as baby was breech and sitting high. They offered pain relief but it would mean baby staying in after birth to detox. It really was debilitating so I totally feel you, you’re not alone and you’re definitely not overreacting. You will get to the finish line and it will be worth it.
Re the potty training, he gets it, was fine over Christmas with it, now it's like he can't be arsed but gets upset if he has an accident. We try and encourage him to sit on the potty regularly but he's so flipping stubborn, it makes him dig his heels in even more. 🤦‍♀️

I rung the physio at the hospital like 8 times now for a self referral and still haven't had a call back. I mentioned it to my midwife twice, first time she said it's to be expected, second time she said it's my own fault because clearly my posture isn't great. I remember having rib pain with my first but this is something else. It's reassuring to know that it's not just me and that it could be a condition, I'll just have to keep chasing the physio. Although I can't help but think by the time I get an appointment, baby will be here!

Re the potty training, he gets it, was fine over Christmas with it, now it's like he can't be arsed but gets upset if he has an accident. We try and encourage him to sit on the potty regularly but he's so flipping stubborn, it makes him dig his heels in even more. 🤦‍♀️

I rung the physio at the hospital like 8 times now for a self referral and still haven't had a call back. I mentioned it to my midwife twice, first time she said it's to be expected, second time she said it's my own fault because clearly my posture isn't great. I remember having rib pain with my first but this is something else. It's reassuring to know that it's not just me and that it could be a condition, I'll just have to keep chasing the physio. Although I can't help but think by the time I get an appointment, baby will be here!
That’s really frustrating! First baby was in Covid so mostly video calls which at the time I was annoyed about but I think it helped them get through more people as things seem a lot slower this time here too.
I’ve a screen shot what they sent me about setting up my desk at work and the relevant bits of exercises sheets they sent. From what I remember and re-reading the emails they said the pelvic tilt stuff are the best rib ones. Of course this info was what they advised to me but it’s also on generic exercise sheets so I expect it’s safe for all, but obviously use your own judgment if you want to try them x
IMG_2358.jpeg

Attachments

• Heart
rant away!
So my husband both live around 140 miles south from both our families, our parents live within a 30 minutes drive from one another.
We have one child already, and I'm due our second 4 days after his birthday, my birthday is also in-between.
I messaged said mother in law letting her know in advance we will be having our sons birthday party down south, because it makes no sense to travel 140 miles when very heavily pregnant. Not to mention the risk of going into labour Not near my hospital, midwives etc.
My mother in law to put it as bluntly as possible is very tight with money. She doesn't need to be at all. She pleades poverty all the time, whilst she's on a 50k a year, has no kids living at home, and a husband on 30k a year, tiny mortgage etc. She always makes it a money issue when coming to see us (we have a spare room they are always welcome to sleep in btw).
Anyway after messaging her about my sons birthday, she messaged back the most ridiculous that my husband and I should take 2 weeks off work and have the party and the baby where the family are all from.

Now I'm not daft, the real reason she's suggesting this is because she doesn't want to spend the money coming down, and because one of our spare rooms will now be a nursery, she would have to get a hotel if she wanted to stay over, but I can't believe she would suggest something so stupid.
To begin with my husband only gets 2 weeks paternity so we would have to live predict I was going into labour, because that's possible
I'd be away from the hospital I'm familiar with, my community midwives, my health visitors.
Not to mention transporting a toddler, everything we need for him, his birthday presents, and everything we need for a newborn, I.e. a bedside crib, bottles etc.
Plus we'd have to travel back after only a few days for a health visitor visit so imagine being in the car for 2.5/3 hours within days of being post partum.
And also after being in hospital, I was in hospital with my first for 2 nights and 3 days, I was so desperate to get home to my own bed and stuff. Why would I want to leave hospital and not be able to go to my own house.
It's just all so selfish to me, like am I wrong? Am I over reacting?

• Wow
  • Heart
So my husband both live around 140 miles south from both our families, our parents live within a 30 minutes drive from one another.
We have one child already, and I'm due our second 4 days after his birthday, my birthday is also in-between.
I messaged said mother in law letting her know in advance we will be having our sons birthday party down south, because it makes no sense to travel 140 miles when very heavily pregnant. Not to mention the risk of going into labour Not near my hospital, midwives etc.
My mother in law to put it as bluntly as possible is very tight with money. She doesn't need to be at all. She pleades poverty all the time, whilst she's on a 50k a year, has no kids living at home, and a husband on 30k a year, tiny mortgage etc. She always makes it a money issue when coming to see us (we have a spare room they are always welcome to sleep in btw).
Anyway after messaging her about my sons birthday, she messaged back the most ridiculous that my husband and I should take 2 weeks off work and have the party and the baby where the family are all from.

Now I'm not daft, the real reason she's suggesting this is because she doesn't want to spend the money coming down, and because one of our spare rooms will now be a nursery, she would have to get a hotel if she wanted to stay over, but I can't believe she would suggest something so stupid.
To begin with my husband only gets 2 weeks paternity so we would have to live predict I was going into labour, because that's possible
I'd be away from the hospital I'm familiar with, my community midwives, my health visitors.
Not to mention transporting a toddler, everything we need for him, his birthday presents, and everything we need for a newborn, I.e. a bedside crib, bottles etc.
Plus we'd have to travel back after only a few days for a health visitor visit so imagine being in the car for 2.5/3 hours within days of being post partum.
And also after being in hospital, I was in hospital with my first for 2 nights and 3 days, I was so desperate to get home to my own bed and stuff. Why would I want to leave hospital and not be able to go to my own house.
Nope not over reacting at all, just sounds like their selfish..
I see it with my in laws one member lives about 3 hours away from everyone else and none of the members of the family travel to them it's always the one that lives away foes the travelling. Its not my circus so I don't care but it obviously is very very draining to always be the one making the effort and it's crap when they don't want to make it for you

You’re absolutely not wrong! Your MIL sounds is being ridiculously selfish and unreasonable. Does your husband agree with you or her, because if I was you I would let him deal with her - she’s his mum and you’ve got enough to be thinking about right now!

Or just message her and say “Sorry to hear you’re missing your grandson’s birthday, let us know when you’ll next be able to come down and we can do a belated birthday celebration then.” Then mute the chat but that’s me being super petty. But honestly I would get your husband to push back and deal with her rather than you having to have this as your problem to deal with.

You’re absolutely not wrong! Your MIL sounds is being ridiculously selfish and unreasonable. Does your husband agree with you or her, because if I was you I would let him deal with her - she’s his mum and you’ve got enough to be thinking about right now!

Or just message her and say “Sorry to hear you’re missing your grandson’s birthday, let us know when you’ll next be able to come down and we can do a belated birthday celebration then.” Then mute the chat but that’s me being super petty. But honestly I would get your husband to push back and deal with her rather than you having to have this as your problem to deal with.
Husbands pissed off at her for even suggesting it. He says if she messages about it again closer to the time, he'll be telling her where to go, he's not like a lot of sons that wouldn't dare say boo to their mums, hell shout at her if needs be, he had to when I first had my son and she had me crying 2 days postpartum

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.