Pregnancy #53

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone help?

I'm an avid k beauty user but I'll be damned if I can figure out what is or isn't pregnancy safe.

I know the usual things about retinoids and salicylic acid etc. But for example I saw my toner and essence have Allantoin in. Some websites say unsafe, some say safe. A website has labelled the essence with it in as pregnancy safe but it had this ingredient in.

I'm just going around in circles and driving myself mad. I've already suffered a loss and am so worried that my skincare could be negatively affecting things.

How did you go about finding safe skincare? Is there a list somewhere of actual products rather than ingredients?

Does anyone know of a good maternity pay calculator? I found a half decent one that showed you what you were getting each month and allowed you to also enter any enhanced maternity pay packages, but now I can’t find it 😩

Reactions: 1
12 week scan done and baby was great. I've never been so stressed but I'll sleep well tonight.
Baby was flipping around all over the place, it was amazing to see them drinking and swallowing with their tongue moving around!

It also confirmed that my dates were right and the midwife was wrong, I'm actually 13 and 5 today not 12 and 6!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Can anyone help?

I'm an avid k beauty user but I'll be damned if I can figure out what is or isn't pregnancy safe.

I know the usual things about retinoids and salicylic acid etc. But for example I saw my toner and essence have Allantoin in. Some websites say unsafe, some say safe. A website has labelled the essence with it in as pregnancy safe but it had this ingredient in.

I'm just going around in circles and driving myself mad. I've already suffered a loss and am so worried that my skincare could be negatively affecting things.

How did you go about finding safe skincare? Is there a list somewhere of actual products rather than ingredients?
You need to be mindful of dosage so salicylic acid should be fine in an exfoliating toner but a higher percentage in a chemical peel should be avoided. You'll want to avoid hydroquinone and vitamin A products like retinol and tretinoin during both pregnancy and if you breastfeed. There are certain essential oils that you need to avoid during pregnancy too. If it doubt, probably best to run it past your midwife just in case.

Reactions: 2
Only 6 weeks, although by NHS they say 8, but I’m so nauseous. It’s my fourth (6,5 and 3) and I have no down time - any tips? Back to work next week and I’m dreading it.

Only 6 weeks, although by NHS they say 8, but I’m so nauseous. It’s my fourth (6,5 and 3) and I have no down time - any tips? Back to work next week and I’m dreading it.
Bland food - I found things like toast and simple sandwiches and biscuits helped. Avoided anything that turned me off (even stuff I normally loved like salad and fresh veg and milk).

Don’t let yourself get too hungry - nothing worse than being nauseous but also empty. It won’t last!

And I can't justify psying €100 for an ergo one 😂
My SIL said the other day she has her old carrier somewhere that I can have and I'm hoping it's her old Ergo 😆 She had a baby Bjorn on too so it could be that one.
She had the ergo for my niece and my first is the same age and I was dead jealous of it at the time 😆

Have a look on Vinted! My baby’s now 3mo old and I’ve just picked an ergo one up for £10
---

That is, if you’re UK based! Which I’m now not sure you are looking at the euro 🙈🙈
I'm in ireland☺ I've had very bad luck with fb marketplace a lot of people have ghosted me or are bots so I'm fed up of trying to use it. Vinted seem very handy for ye UK people ☺

22+5 now and I can't stop eating lol even though I feel uncomfortable and full!! I'm snacking on fruit, yogurt, cereal bars etc though so nothing too calorific (yet haha!)

Nursery getting done soon, can anyone recommened any small furniture/spcae saver pieces? Only have a small room. defo getting a mini cot bed

I know the NHS is strained but I gave a urine sample at my appointment yesterday and at the end my midwife asked me to take it away with me, wash the pot out and re-use that same pot for all samples throughout my pregnancy. I was shocked :ROFLMAO:

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I know the NHS is strained but I gave a urine sample at my appointment yesterday and at the end my midwife asked me to take it away with me, wash the pot out and re-use that same pot for all samples throughout my pregnancy. I was shocked :ROFLMAO:
Wow really 🤣 I get given one soon as I check in at reception and at the hospital next to where you pay for scans is a bowl full of urine sample pots that you can pick up and take

Wow really 🤣 I get given one soon as I check in at reception and at the hospital next to where you pay for scans is a bowl full of urine sample pots that you can pick up and take
I thought she was joking so I laughed as so did my partner, but then she wrapped the pot in some paper towel, sealed it in a plastic bag and put it in the bag with my maternity notes! I was so shocked :ROFLMAO: I'm sure I saw some spare pots in the loo when I went so I'm just going to use them next time I go!

That’s crazy. There’s sick bowls full of them in my GP surgery and I was given a few of them at my booking appt.

Omg. I see my midwife at my GP surgery and collect a new sample pot from reception every time I book my next appt!

37 weeks today!! At 31 weeks I didn’t think I’d make it this far as I was admitted to hospital with initial suspected early Labour.

I’ve been eating my dates each day (only 3) to help soften my cervix and will get some raspberry leaf tea this weekend.
Doing birth ball stretches daily that help prepare for Labour.
Next week is my last week in work and then finish for Mat leave eek!

Does anyone have tips for Colostrum harvesting? I understand I can do that now?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yep I have this too! They gave me a see through Zip lock bag thing as well for it (I’ve since swapped it to a paper bag that isn’t see through because carrying a see through bag with a little pot of wee in it is a bit grim even if it is in my handbag 🤢 they said it’s to help reduce waste or something?????

• Wow
Reactions: 3
This is absolutely grim I’m sorry. The nhs is one of the least efficient organisations out there. Do they really think making people reuse urine bottles will help cut their huge deficits!?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.