Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
That's super helpful thank you. I'll try again tomorrow and use a warm compress and see how I get on.

Hope you're ok, I think we have very similar due dates!
I'm good! 39+1 today and had confirmation that if she's not here by the 14th, that's when I'll be induced (due the 4th). She knows how to get herself down into my pelvis, just doesn't care enough to get out 😂 lots of bouncing and colostrum harvesting in my next few days.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

freddofrog

35wks this week and no offence to this baby but i am severely over pregnancy. good luck to you ladies that are so close to the finish line!!! ❤

• Heart

Sickofinstacrap

Chatty Member
Officially full term - 37 weeks today and the exhaustion has hit me like a tonne of bricks! Time to start baby girls eviction notice, colostrum harvesting, miles circuit and clary sage baths 🤣🥰

• Heart

Sunshine489

So I'm currently 4 weeks+3 pregnant with my first child and I've got my first appointment at the hospital next week. I'm both excited and scared at the same time 😬🥰
Can anyone recommend any must things ro buy that will make my life easier?

• Heart

User767676

Just posting here because I can’t anywhere else yet: after infertility, gynae issues and conditions since I was 12 and a big scare this week, I got to see my 5+ week pregnancy and their little heartbeat today and the pregnancy was confirmed as viable 😭
Congratulations! I had a bit of bleeding earlier the week, just had a scan at the EPU, everything look good, dates seem right and it had a heart beat! It’s the best feeling ever isn’t it ? Feel so much better as have been an anxious mess!

• Heart

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
25+2 today and I’ve been suffering sciatica quite badly but the last few nights my back, hips and pelvis area has been in agony. I’ve been crying turning over in bed 🙈 feels like it’s all going to split in two. My midwife is rubbish at replying and I’m not seeing her for another 2 weeks but does it sound like spd as well?
Definitely spd. There are YouTube videos to show you how to turn over a little easier. They still hurt but it’s not as bad. Get a support band if you’re doing a lot of walking - it helps a lot.
---
35 weeks today and feeling it. My bones feel like jelly at the moment and now even my shoulders are causing grief when I sleep. In a week, I’ll find out when this baby is being evacuated, which is very exciting. However, the panic is now setting in as I actually have no idea how to look after a baby. At 36 years old, I’ve not even changed a nappy. Pray for me…

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
We’re having a boy. I was too impatient to find out so we did the sneak peak test at 7 weeks which came back as a boy. Then all my symptoms suggested girl, and the nub theory groups all said my 12 week scan was a girl. So we had a private scan at 18 weeks and he is most definitely a very proud boy. Or a baby elephant. 😂

• Haha

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Did you buy a pump in the end? Hospital should be able to let you use one too actually (if you want to of course)
No, I didn’t have time. I can’t be bothered to even try at the moment. I just want to go home and no one is telling me anything.
---
@CallMeHollywood ask your midwife if you can use their electric pump, they should have pre-made sterilised bottles and a special fridge to store the milk in (if you wish to BF of course). Sorry you’re having a rough time with baby, I ended up staying in for 5 nights and couldn’t wait to get home!
Morbid as it sounds, it’s good to hear the stories of people who haven’t had such a good time. Thanks duck x

• Heart

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I know the scan is cautionary. I think I was caught off guard by the sudden rush of medical need. Kudos to my surgery though - i managed to get all three appointments done in two hours without any hassle at all. Insomnia kicked up a gear tonight. I’ve been awake since 2 and cannot sleep.

• Heart

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Bloody nightmare midwife appointment 🙄 baby needs a growth scan as he’s not growing on the curve. I had to have an ECG and will need a blood test next week as they think I have anaemia and my heartbeat has become irregular. So close to the end and now it’s all beginning to blow up.

• Heart
  • Sad

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
Having to pump and dump colostrum because I don't have the freezer space yet am leaking like a burst pipe 🙃💀 still no real signs she's on her way. Here's to induction week 🫣

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
I vomited this morning after taking my pregnancy vitamin. I switched to different ones recently, I was taking a multivitamin and separate folic acid but the midwife told me to get the proper pregnancy vitamins because normal daily multivitamins have vitamin A in it.
I'm going to try taking the vitamin in the evening with food instead.
This is a good point re sickness actually. Pregnacare is well known for making people sick. It can be the iron (or just not agree with people). They also have quite low levels of some components.
Vitaboitics wellwoman original and Boots effervescent berocca rip off you can sip both include folic acid but no Vit A, the latter doesn’t have iron.

• Heart

ScoutFinch

I had an elective section on medical advice following a late diagnosis of GD and an estimated large baby. He wasn’t actually that big but he was stuck in my pelvis and they had to use forceps, so it would have been an emergency section if I’d tried a natural birth. I LOVED my section it was lovely and chilled and my recovery went really smoothly. Just make sure you don’t overdo it and keep on top of your painkillers.

• Heart

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
I find the slowing down/resting advice confusing anyway as you’re simultaneously told to stay active and that it’ll help with labour.
Same for after really, you’re told to rest but also get up and you’ll recover quicker 😅 can’t win!

Moved up the rung to the next bracket 😆
I’m going to have to have the chat with my mother about sharing photos I send her of baby Wood when he’s here. She’s already talking about creating a round Robin whenever I send her things. I work in social media and am very aware of issues with posting photos, but she just doesnt get it. She also wants to send her friends all the photos, many of whom I don’t know. Has anyone else had to have this talk?
30 weeks this time around think I was in the 19-26 weeks bracket last time.

I work in criminal justice and so I have made it quite clear to my husband I don’t want my child shared on social media. Especially not by friends/family. It will be awkward because everyone seems to want to prove they’ve met the baby by posting a photo. I’m just going to be clear and direct in saying please don’t post on social media. I’ve never posted someone’s child on Instagram in my life and don’t know why you would personally. My sister has had a baby recently and the amount of people posting her on social media makes me feel uncomfortable but they’re happy with it.

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Currently feeling very sorry for myself with the cold from hell. Completely bunged up and feel like it’s going to my chest. Been feeling rough since Wednesday and can’t see any sign of feeling better. And been unable to take anything bar paracetamol and lemon, honey, ginger and tumeric hot drinks makes it worse!

• Wow
  • Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Please tell me this exhaustion doesn’t last the whole pregnancy 😅😂 I’ve never been so lazy in my life! Struggling to motivate myself to even do the simple tasks round the house. Every time I sit on the sofa I keep drifting off and I can’t remember the last time I was awake past 8pm either 😂

my mum and partner keep telling me to take advantage of the relaxing time but all I can think about is all the jobs I haven’t got done 😂

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
is anyone else not too bothered about pregnancy food and drink rules 😂 I'll have a coffee as normal etc, just obvs not over doing it. I'll still be having prosciutto on my cheese board, might even have a lick of some baileys dessert cream with my yule log lol. There's nothing I've had to change or cut out really!
I’m a lot more relaxed than I was with my first. I’m still drinking the odd coffee but will make sure I don’t go over 200mg. With my first I was obsessed with washing fruit and veg but I’m a lot more relaxed. Also with my first I wouldn’t have an Italian BMT from subway but I’ve let myself this time 🤣

Also once at the beginning of my pregnancy I was CRAVING red bull. It’s really my downfall, I don’t drink much of it but I do love the taste of it but one day I was really craving it and my boyfriend forgot I can’t have it but I just drank the whole thing 😬 😂 it was delicious 🤣 it says on the can not recommended for pregnant women 😬 but it was so nice!! I’ve said to my fella he needs to get an ice cold one for me as soon as I’ve given birth, no matter what time of day 🤣

• Haha