Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LavaFlake

VIP Member
I love my partner to bits but he referred to my mat leave as holiday the other day. I corrected him pretty quickly and he apologised but I was a bit astounded tbh.

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 6

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
No, I’m sticking to the guidance. Pregnancy is nerve wracking enough (as evidenced by all the women anxious for their scans on this thread) without taking additional risks. I’m maybe over cautious because I’ve had a terrible pregnancy with HG, several hospital admissions and really struggled to get me and baby to this stage but for me it’s just not worth it. I can easily go without, it won’t bother me at all

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
Feeling really frustrated - I know going on walks helps get baby moving but the idea of getting dressed and walking is so 😫 I don't have the energy! It's cold and foggy and putting shoes on takes an age. Just going to continue pumping/colostrum harvesting/bouncing on ball/walking upstairs sideways. I'm being so lazy 🥴 she'll come when she feels like it

• Heart

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
First midwife appointment on Friday and then getting my scan date
I feel very nervous this pregnancy, so scared something is wrong, I'm just desperate for the 12 weeks scan to tell me little bean is growing

• Heart

justonemorepage

VIP Member
We didn't find out and we thought we were having a boy based off all of the old wives tales and superstitions. Our entire family also thought boy. We had a girl 😂 the most wonderful surprise ever. At first I sort of grieved the boy I thought I was having because I had his name and everything all planned but now I have my little girl I'm so in love and it's a bond so strong. It's incredible. I know I would have felt the same if I'd had a boy so I don't think gender really matters but this is likely to be our only child due to fertility issues, my age, finances and space so the fact I couldn't use my boy name upset me for a while - silly I know! 🙈

• Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
Home from a trip to visit family. If one more person asked if I am having twins, I would have lost my temper and st*bbed them 🤬 On the plus side I haven't heard anything back from my gestational diabetes and iron tests so that's good. Growth scan this week too 💞

• Heart
At what point did people start to feel uncomfortable? Over 35 weeks now and feeling it🙈
I’m 34 weeks and thought not uncomfortable all the time, if I’m on my feet for a while walking my hips/pelvis don’t half feel it. A warm bath helps to ease it.
I’m struggling more emotionally at the moment. Since I came out of hospital a couple of weeks ago I’ve been very tearful and generally feeling very overwhelmed and fed up sometimes. I’ve got a lot on as well. With Christmas coming up to still sort out bits for, then a close family members big birthday straight after.m and then baby due in January I just feel completely exhausted in terms of brain power. I’m still working too. Not enjoying things at the moment and everything is a chore

• Heart

jolly_parsley

Chatty Member
Hi all, when did everyone start buying stuff? Prams, car seat, next to me, bottles, etc? I’m 15 weeks and haven’t even considered it but met someone due the same time as me and they have loads bought so it made me wonder.
We got all ours the weekend after our 20 week scan! We got the travel system, car seat, bath, changing unit, cot, changing unit and baby monitor. We were originally going to do one big purchase a month to spread it out but Black Friday sales on top of 30 days to use the discount code from the John Lewis baby appointment changed that plan! Also it’s just nice to know now we have the big stuff done.

Had my midwife appointment this morning and got my MATB1 form and heard baby boy’s heartbeat. My mum came with me and she started crying when we heard his heartbeat (first grandchild)! 🥹 Having the MATB1 form is making it a lot more real! It’s going so quickly!

• Heart

Jellycat369

Chatty Member
That's how I'm feeling towards my MIL at the moment but with touching my bump without asking when she knows how uncomfortable it makes me feel 😬
I'd forgotten about the touching. One of my in laws went to stroke my belly but misjudged the distance and got my boob instead 😬

• Haha
  • Wow

amyy

VIP Member
I'm 16 + 5 today and it's gender scan day 🥰 sick of people asking if I have a preference so looking forward to everyone knowing haha, we were trying so obvs just wanted a healthy baby but I get why people ask I guess! Hoping baby cooperates this afternoon and opens his/her legs!!!

• Heart

cmcdb

Chatty Member
How are you getting on? Kind of love that our baby bisons have the same birthday.
We’re still in NICU so emotionally draining. We don’t live far from the hospital but in a busy city xmas week traffic is no one’s friend. But it’s just a feeding issue, he doesn’t know how to breathe suck and swallow in the correct format yet.
might try him with a cold coke

• Heart

Readread

VIP Member
A family member on my partners side told me I had pre-eclampsia at the weekend because I was itching my bump because it’s stretching. Seriously, what is wrong with people!

• Wow

freddofrog

wish i could relate to you ladies with staying in the same clothes :ROFLMAO: the only thing that stopped the nausea in 1st trimester for me was eating!

• Heart

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
I am not sensitive or a crier at all, nor have I really experienced the hormonal side of pregnancy but there's been a flurry of people having their babies in the NCT group and I was for some reason emotionally devastated 🤪 really kicked off at myself and was saying some really illogical things about the natural labour process etc, blaming myself for it not starting yet.

Anyway, then I went to a Christmas Market and bought a mint aero brownie so all is right in the world again 🥴

• Heart

Kaybethkay

VIP Member
27 weeks tomorrow and I was supposed to have a midwife appointment this morning, she’s cancelled 10 minutes before. I’m gutted, I wanted to listen to baby 😭

• Sad

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
On whatsapp I turned off my ‘last seen’ so people wouldn’t know if I’d been online or offline for any time. Also turned off the blue ticks so they can’t see if I’ve read their message and ignored them 🤣
I'm the same - I've found my antisocial people 😅 ironically on a very supportive forum!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Adding a spoiler cos TMI
I was always checking and wondering if it was my plug or not but let me tell you.. when it actually comes out. You’ll just know. It was like snotty jelly, didn’t go into the toilet/underwear and came out in chunks (sorry that sounds so gross!) so it could be but I had no doubts when mine actually started to come out. It was yellow/browny but I know some can be tinged with blood which can be more of a sign that labour is coming! Mine coming out actually meant sweet F.A as I ended up going 10 days overdue and had to be induced
The absolute glamour

• Haha
I'm 37 weeks and I still feel a horrible dread between scans and checking the heartbeat that there won't be anything there and something has gone wrong. It's pretty dark really.