• Overdue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Just had my baby

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Not pregnant but here for a nosey

Votes: 17 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Moved up the rung to the next bracket šŸ˜†
Iā€™m going to have to have the chat with my mother about sharing photos I send her of baby Wood when heā€™s here. Sheā€™s already talking about creating a round Robin whenever I send her things. I work in social media and am very aware of issues with posting photos, but she just doesnt get it. She also wants to send her friends all the photos, many of whom I donā€™t know. Has anyone else had to have this talk?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Iā€™m going to have to have the chat with my mother about sharing photos I send her of baby Wood when heā€™s here. Sheā€™s already talking about creating a round Robin whenever I send her things. I work in social media and am very aware of issues with posting photos, but she just doesnt get it. She also wants to send her friends all the photos, many of whom I donā€™t know. Has anyone else had to have this talk?
Yes, FIL is a prolific Facebook user with lots of friends we don't know (one of which is a Chaser?!) and can't get enough of sharing photos. We've told him in no uncertain terms he is NOT to share any pictures of the babys face. I'm setting up a private Instagram with selected followers to prevent the forwarding of pictures and uploading (he doesn't know how to screenshot šŸ˜‚) to other social media's.

Reactions: 3
I am extremely strict about this due to previous jobs I've had (safeguarding is top of my list with children - I know way too much about how images can get in the wrong hands) luckily the older generations of my family are not on social media. I've told others under no uncertain terms will I tolerate any images of my baby on the internet. My husband thinks I'm overreacting but I'm really not. Not only the obvious, babies cannot consent to their images being posted and if my parents had done so when I was a child I would have been very upset. It's a violation of privacy in my eyes. I feel very strongly about it, as you can see šŸ˜‚

Also, I had to select overdue on the poll šŸ˜­ but I'll definitely have the baby during this thread šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Glad Iā€™m not the only one whoā€™s thinking about this. I know Iā€™ll be told Iā€™m overreacting too but honestly I donā€™t care. We donā€™t know what social media will be like in 15 years, who will own the companies, and what theyā€™ll do with the photos that are on there. I keep seeing conversations on other threads about influencerā€™s childrenā€™s photos being taken and put on fan accounts where thereā€™s no control. My mother is a massive narc, so Iā€™m really going to have to word everything very carefully.

Reactions: 2
Canā€™t believe Iā€™ve had to click just had my babyšŸ™ˆ Iā€™m still sticking around!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm only 7 weeks and I forgot how much my anxiety goes through the roof at this stage.

I'm fully convinced that when I go for my scan they are going to tell me I've had a missed miscarriage.

I was the same with my first and the sonographer could tell so the first thing she did was show me the heartbeat and I just sobbed.

I feel worse this time around because my 3 year old is so excited about the baby in mummy's tummy and if there is any problems it's going to make it so much harder.
We didn't plan on telling him this early but he listens to everything and you can't hide anything from him so he figured it out on his own.

My 12 week scan is going to be right on top of Christmas. I am tempted to pay for a private scan early just so any bad news doesn't completely ruin Christmas...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm only 7 weeks and I forgot how much my anxiety goes through the roof at this stage.

I'm fully convinced that when I go for my scan they are going to tell me I've had a missed miscarriage.

I was the same with my first and the sonographer could tell so the first thing she did was show me the heartbeat and I just sobbed.

I feel worse this time around because my 3 year old is so excited about the baby in mummy's tummy and if there is any problems it's going to make it so much harder.
We didn't plan on telling him this early but he listens to everything and you can't hide anything from him so he figured it out on his own.

My 12 week scan is going to be right on top of Christmas. I am tempted to pay for a private scan early just so any bad news doesn't completely ruin Christmas...
Iā€™ve been the exact same, I have a 3 year old who also knows Iā€™ve got ā€˜a baby brother or sister in my bellyā€™ and I had 2 losses last year so Iā€™ve been so anxious. Iā€™ve literally been dreaming about going to the toilet and wiping and there being blood, Iā€™ve been scared to go the toilet! I was so anxious last week and so upset because I was just so convinced at my 12 week scan they were going to tell me there was no heartbeat I booked a private early reassurance scan. I would say if you can afford one definitely do it because it puts your mind at ease. Itā€™s not an easy thing to do being pregnant but try and enjoy the wonderful thing your body is going through especially for your 3 year old because they can tell when Mummy is not right. Iā€™ve been signed off sick and have spent most of the last fortnight on the sofa and my son told next door ā€˜Mummyā€™s always sick on the couchā€™ šŸ¤£ be easy on your self x

• Heart
30 weeks this time around think I was in the 19-26 weeks bracket last time.

I work in criminal justice and so I have made it quite clear to my husband I donā€™t want my child shared on social media. Especially not by friends/family. It will be awkward because everyone seems to want to prove theyā€™ve met the baby by posting a photo. Iā€™m just going to be clear and direct in saying please donā€™t post on social media. Iā€™ve never posted someoneā€™s child on Instagram in my life and donā€™t know why you would personally. My sister has had a baby recently and the amount of people posting her on social media makes me feel uncomfortable but theyā€™re happy with it.

Reactions: 5

Iā€™m 8 weeks today and I feel everything youā€™ve said.

I also have a 3yo who somehow instinctively knew as she declared in bed to myself and my husband on our wedding anniversary ā€œmummy has a baby in her tummyā€ a few days before my period was due šŸ«£

we donā€™t speak about it in front of her but every few days she will bring it up and get excited šŸ˜«

Iā€™ve toyed with the idea of getting an early viability scan but honestly, Iā€™m really not sure how much it would reassure me. I keep telling myself that if something bad happens I will find out eventually (one way or another) anyway, but it really is so consuming. And such a cold and horrible thing to think šŸ˜­

we donā€™t have a date for our scan yet but itā€™s likely going to be around the week before Christmas, which ironically is looking like the week we will complete on our house and be moving too! šŸ™ƒ

Iā€™ve had severe pregnancy sickness which has completely debilitated me for the past 3 weeks and Iā€™ve been prescribed medication by the doctor. Itā€™s making it extra difficult to put things to the back of my mind.

sending you love and thinking of you ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm in the 27-32 bracket and have been here since I found out. Im definitely becoming more anxious as the 3rd trimester approaches. I'm so lucky my hubby hides his aniexty and doesn't show it one bit as cool as a cucumber.

Hi everyone,

iā€™m 26 weeks tomorrow. House is mid reno and it feels like we are spending money like water atm which is not ideal as I really wanted to be in a good place in my current account come mat leave in Febā€¦

However! I need to start looking at prams! Itā€™s a minefield out there! my question is though, is there a travel system out there that has a 360 car seat? We have a 2 door car so think having a 360 is going to be important but I havenā€™t yet seen a travel system with a 360 car seat. Itā€™s all so confusing šŸ™ˆ

Hi everyone,

iā€™m 26 weeks tomorrow. House is mid reno and it feels like we are spending money like water atm which is not ideal as I really wanted to be in a good place in my current account come mat leave in Febā€¦

However! I need to start looking at prams! Itā€™s a minefield out there! my question is though, is there a travel system out there that has a 360 car seat? We have a 2 door car so think having a 360 is going to be important but I havenā€™t yet seen a travel system with a 360 car seat. Itā€™s all so confusing šŸ™ˆ
Iā€™m going to mention the infamous Pramworld here (sorry šŸ˜³). We got our travel system from there and we got the Silvercross Reef Ultimate Bundle. But they did us a deal where there was money off the bundle, and we could upgrade the car seat to the Maxi Cosi 360 Pebble car seat for a cheaper price than buying the maxi cosi itself. So the bundle with an upgraded car seat all in came up cheaper than buying the bundle anywhere else.
Iā€™m guessing other companies that sell prams and lots of different brands may be willing to offer a similar deal?

• Heart
Hi everyone,

Ickle Bubba have systems with rotating car seats. We upgraded to a rotating one once our wee boy had outgrown the one from the system. It was handy having a seat we could remove when he was little because if he nodded off in the car, we could just lift out the whole thing and carry him in rather than disturbing him. Appreciate that'll be difficult with a 2-door car though

• Heart
Hi everyone,

Depends what you want. We visit a lot of national trusts, so we want something with big wheels and bought the Ocarro, but that means itā€™s heavy. We went through baby & co based in Bristol, and they have a store there, too. We also bought a seat heā€™ll fit in until heā€™s 24 months rather than a 360, which was actually cheaper.

Hi, hope itā€™s okay to join - I found out I was pregnant a week ago. By the date of my last period will be 5 weeks tomorrow but likely to be a few days after that as my cycles are normally 31/32 days.
I had a CP in May so have been really anxious about this pregnancy. My lines have been progressing and I got a 2-3 weeks on my digital yesterday (which has now died before I took a pic!) but Iā€™m still worried with being so early on - so itā€™s going to be a long wait. Definitely thinking about doing an early scan just before Christmas if it all goes well!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Depends what you want. We visit a lot of national trusts, so we want something with big wheels and bought the Ocarro, but that means itā€™s heavy. We went through baby & co based in Bristol, and they have a store there, too. We also bought a seat heā€™ll fit in until heā€™s 24 months rather than a 360, which was actually cheaper.
Ocarro is actually one I have been looking at as we live near the country side and plan to do lots of walking during mat/pat leave. First baby so so confusing. When I see people out and about nearly all have a car seat in the pram

Ocarro is actually one I have been looking at as we live near the country side and plan to do lots of walking during mat/pat leave. First baby so so confusing. When I see people out and about nearly all have a car seat in the pram
We have an Ocarro that I used with my first and it's nice but it soo heavy.
Since I had a COVID baby it really didn't get used a lot so I'll be using it for our second. I didn't really appreciate how heavy until I had to start lifting it in and out of the car boot. At first because of COVID we were only doing small walks in our local area and it was fine for that.

Once he started nursery and it was being used daily for drop off and pick up we got a silver cross pop stroller which worked much better for that. We still use it occasionally now so it's been going strong for 2.5 years.

I never used the car seat adaptor either. Partly because we just weren't going anywhere and partly because I was aware of how long he had been in the car seat for as there are limits on that.
I think I'll probably use that car seat adaptor more with baby number 2 because it will be handy for the school drop offs and pick ups rather than having to carry the car seat.

We didn't use the car seat that came with our travel system for long and then we got a Joie 360 which he is still in now at 3.5 years. He will have outgrown the 360 by the time this baby comes so we'll clean it and put the newborn inserts back in and use it again. I'll probably use the infant seat for the first few months though.

Last edited:
Babies canā€™t be in a car seat for more than a few hours whereas they can be in the bassinet for longer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.