Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
On whatsapp I turned off my ‘last seen’ so people wouldn’t know if I’d been online or offline for any time. Also turned off the blue ticks so they can’t see if I’ve read their message and ignored them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8

cmcdb

Chatty Member
My section has been brought forward, and have another scan in a week. Was told if it wasn’t Xmas they’d probably even get them out sooner 🫣 t-17 days until eviction 🤞🏼🎉

• Heart

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Just checking in to say Baby Tuesday was born yesterday at 40+2 🎉🥰

The birth experience was totally not what I expected / thought I was prepared for and will probably take some working through but we are so in love with our little boy 🩵
Yay! Congrats!!! All ok?
—-
Public service announcement: go slow on the pate when reintroducing it to your diet…

• Haha
I’m home as of today. Still spotting but it’s (sorry in advance) old brown blood/discharge. They’ve told me that if I got any fresh blood to go straight back (obviously) but that otherwise baby is happy and all her monitoring has been good so they’re not concerned and there are just some unexplained bleeds sometimes.
I do feel I’m now a nervous wreck on pins and anxious every time I go to the toilet. Just hate that I might feel like this for the next 8 weeks.

• Heart

Sickofinstacrap

No movement yet for me! Some contractions over night, when I’m on the CTG it shows me as having contractions this morning, but otherwise all good. Praying for her to make her appearance today and for the first induction to work 🥲

• Heart

Justwatchin...

I'm only 7 weeks and I forgot how much my anxiety goes through the roof at this stage.

I'm fully convinced that when I go for my scan they are going to tell me I've had a missed miscarriage.

I was the same with my first and the sonographer could tell so the first thing she did was show me the heartbeat and I just sobbed.

I feel worse this time around because my 3 year old is so excited about the baby in mummy's tummy and if there is any problems it's going to make it so much harder.
We didn't plan on telling him this early but he listens to everything and you can't hide anything from him so he figured it out on his own.

My 12 week scan is going to be right on top of Christmas. I am tempted to pay for a private scan early just so any bad news doesn't completely ruin Christmas...

• Heart
Reactions: 7

easyliketuesdayafternoon

whopping cough and flu jab..has everyone gotten them? Im just curious my midwife said to me its not mandatory but they recommend just want to know everyones take on it?
I've had both - obviously it's a personal choice but it was a no brainer for me especially when it's helping to protect baby.

Yess!!
I'm the exact same, I'm currently 5 weeks and only my husband and I know about it, it's hard not to tell everyone 🤣
Same here. 8 weeks today. Two scans down. This is attempt number four after 3 m/c in past two years, one at 18weeks.
Some people at work know because I am having more appts than would be standard, but otherwise it’s just me and my partner and my parents.
Realistically for us we can’t relax until at least 20weeks, assuming my body decides to play ball this time so it’s a long time yet before we can say anything. Even then I’d be nervous to because of the past.
It’s a weird time as I’m on progesterone pessaries which are really kicking my arse but trying to not take any extra time off work and constantly anxious. Such a weird limbo !

• Heart

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
Do you think pregnancy hormones heighten all emotions? I’m feeling incredibly low at the moment (nothing to do with the baby, which I’m over the moon about) and I’ve been very sad about some other stuff in my life. I keep wondering whether the hormones are just exaggerating my emotions… I’ve not felt so tearful in years…

• Heart

cmcdb

Chatty Member
Thanks everyone. Got a cuddle off our little girl and hopefully will have our boy out for awhile tomorrow!
@aggytha wishing you all the best, this was my first pregnancy and it’s been an emotional roller coaster 😂 takes awhile to wrap the head around!

• Heart

littlepup

VIP Member
Do you think pregnancy hormones heighten all emotions? I’m feeling incredibly low at the moment (nothing to do with the baby, which I’m over the moon about) and I’ve been very sad about some other stuff in my life. I keep wondering whether the hormones are just exaggerating my emotions… I’ve not felt so tearful in years…
I think it absolutely does. It’s like everything is amplified.
However, pre natal depression is definitely a thing and more common I believe than is talked about. I’m not suggesting that’s where you are, but keen an eye out.

I had it and it was about pregnancy itself. I worried I’d be seen as ungrateful or a bad Mum because I wasn’t happy and glowing, hated pregnancy because it was so painful and felt no connection to baby despite it being what I’d always wanted. I’d google “why don’t feel connected to my baby” and things like that and there were zero results for during pregnancy. It was lockdown so I wasn’t seeing anyone which made it worse. I talked about it and got medication eventually but had some dark days, I just wish I’d got help sooner.
And I needn’t have worried, the last month or so before birth it all kicked in and I was lucky enough to feel that rush of love but I’d urge anyone who struggles to get help. Hormones do crazy things to the mind.

• Heart

Opendoor

Please don’t judge. I’ve just found out I’m pregnant, we’ve been trying for four years and was on the wait list for ivf, however a random out of the blue pregnancy test was positive!

I don’t know if it’s the full shock factor but I’ve gone into full meltdown mode. On one hand I’m absolutely thrilled and can’t believe how lucky we’ve been. On the other, it’s completely blindsided me. I’d fully got it into my head that it might never happen and as a distraction been building a life that doesn’t involve children (perhaps trying to prepare myself for that eventually), all of that now needs to stop.

I know it’s not normal to feel like this and I hope it’s just the hormones but has anyone else ever felt this way?

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I’ve just felt a proper standout movement! it felt crazy 😂 I was just talking on the sofa to my partner and I felt like a proper fluttery kick it shut me up and shocked me 😂 I’ve been through this before with my first but just feeling how obvious the movement was made me well up. I’ve had an emotional day 😂

• Heart

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
How are you doing? @kayefeluu20
It's been a complete whirlwind/disaster. My obs are fine, heartrate below 100 and temp normal but they wanted to keep me in an extra night for just temperature checks and oral antibiotics? So I asked to speak to a consultant, who said that was ridiculous and we could go home as my infection markers may be high/rising, but I'm not unwell and will be seeing various healthcare professionals all week. Just waiting on meds! Excited for a shower and my own bed - little bean is doing great, I'm glad I harvested so much colostrum as she's a monster 😂

• Heart

Elisha97

Chatty Member
Anyone else really early on into pregnancy about to combust thinking about all the waiting you have to do? 😂

I am not even at 5 weeks yet so I’m guarded about telling everyone and feeling I can relax a bit more and be more open about telling people feels like such a long way off.

it feels like such a lot of information to hold and deal with currently 😂

• Heart

eppingforestbambi

VIP Member
I always feel very nervous before a scan, just until that heartbeat and visual comes on screen. It’s very natural to feel worried. I bet even those influencers feel it too… don’t believe everything you see online.

Pregnancy is a mad time of emotions, worries, health complaints, flowing hormones and constant anxiety. And that’s just when you have an uncomplicated pregnancy without too much stress!

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
I can confirm waddling into town and back has done my back and pelvis pain... drumroll please... no good! I'm putting it down to the 6° weather and baltic wind. Going to boil myself (safely) in a bath and hope I'm fighting fit for tomorrow's plans 🤪

• Heart
  • Haha

kayefeluu20

VIP Member
I'm trying my best not to get impatient now 😆 due date is on Monday. I've a freezer full of colostrum and two packed hospital bags but no baby! I see lots of ball bouncing and curb walking in my future 🔮

• Heart